• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith Agrees to Plea Deal

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
ONE of my points is children (in this example a teenager) obtain guns illegally from people who are legal. in most case, from their own parents. there are more and more cases of school violence no matter what you say, I know readers don't need to see a list of schools.

This is exactly the problem with your thinking: you're 100% guessing. You're telling a story. How many children have shot up schools in your life time, and how many of them got guns from their parents?

"kill MORE innocents"??!! so you DO acknowledge innocents will die, but let me guess....statistically its ok? in my way of thinking, more and more guns get REMOVED from society over time

And I was giving you credit for being reasonable, but you want an all-out ban of guns in the entire country. Wow. Apparently a mass shooting every 5 years is a bigger problem than people being attacked, raped and robbed on a daily basis. You lib's sure have your list of priorities straight. :what:

we're talking about the legally, permitted, good people with guns, the ones you want to arm, not me. this incidents I refer to, happen way before the police arrive.

That's precisely my point! It takes the police like 20 minutes to get there! Shooters can kill dozens of people in that time. But you don't even want an armed victim to shoot back at the guy because he MIGHT hit an innocent. THE SAME RISK APPLIES TO POLICE OFFICERS! :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is exactly the problem with your thinking: you're 100% guessing. You're telling a story. How many children have shot up schools in your life time, and how many of them got guns from their parents?

And I was giving you credit for being reasonable, but you want an all-out ban of guns in the entire country. Wow. Apparently a mass shooting every 5 years is a bigger problem than people being attacked, raped and robbed on a daily basis. You lib's sure have your list of priorities straight. :what:

That's precisely my point! It takes the police like 20 minutes to get there! Shooters can kill dozens of people in that time. But you don't even want an armed victim to shoot back at the guy because he MIGHT hit an innocent. THE SAME RISK APPLIES TO POLICE OFFICERS! :doh:

how is this story?

Police: No Charges for Parents of Sparks Middle School Shooter - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe News Weather, Video -

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

How's this one?

Fort Hood, Gun-Free Zones and ?Progressive? Insanity - Matt Barber - Page full

All you're proving is that shootings exist. Duh! Your idea has already been tried in England and Australia, and there are still shootings (plus an ungodly increase in all kinds of other crimes like armed robbery, violent crime, r*pe and so on).

This is EXACTLY the problem with you lib's. You see a problem, and you think you're going to solve it by passing laws; and then the laws you pass make the problem worse; and then you say you need more laws. :what:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How's this one?

Fort Hood, Gun-Free Zones and ?Progressive? Insanity - Matt Barber - Page full

All you're proving is that shootings exist. Duh! Your idea has already been tried in England and Australia, and there are still shootings (plus an ungodly increase in all kinds of other crimes like armed robbery, violent crime, r*pe and so on).

This is EXACTLY the problem with you lib's. You see a problem, and you think you're going to solve it by passing laws; and then the laws you pass make the problem worse; and then you say you need more laws. :what:

btw - why are new laws enacted every year, isn't it to solve problems?

have you morphed me into just being a liberal? are you continuing this just to argue with a liberal? you don't hunt and you said you wouldn't own a gun, but you want to continue this and ignore real life shootings?

seems there are shootings every day without even counting hardened criminals? in places 'good people' go to every day.......in colleges, in Shopping Malls, on highways, in Laundromats, in restaurants,.......

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know..............it has to be YOUR child before you see it.

I get it. Liberals are the only ones who care if children die. That's the ubiquitous liberal position. Who can argue with the ONLY people who care if children die? Why even bother?

I'll tell you what: I'll put my kid in a school in a city with hands-off gun laws, and you put yours in a city with a ton of gun-control, and we'll see which one dies first. Yours is probably about 50 times more likely to be shot.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get it. Liberals are the only ones who care if children die. That's the ubiquitous liberal position. Who can argue with the ONLY people who care if children die? Why even bother?

I'll tell you what: I'll put my kid in a school in a city with hands-off gun laws, and you put yours in a city with a ton of gun-control, and we'll see which one dies first. Yours is probably about 50 times more likely to be shot.

are you guessing, are you telling a story?

so in your argument for arming people to deter crime, how do students arm themselves? can you protect your child in school? can you protect them when they go to the movies? can you protect them when they go play in the park?

even if you arm yourself, you can't defend them anyway. neither can your neighbors defend their children. nice to think when an incident happens, you're already there with your gun out, pointed at the bad guy. but people will die before you get a shot off. then you might kill someone yourself cause you can't handle a gun. sigh!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Drugs and guns are inherently different. Drugs are extremely easy to transport and conceal. Handguns aren't particularly difficult to transport and conceal, but certainly more so than a fraction of a gram of meth or cocaine or heroin.

Out of curiosity, are you in favor of legalizing hard drugs?

Guns are easily transported. Very easily.

No I am not for hard drugs being legalized because hard drugs are only bad. They offer nothing good. They lead people to do things they normally wouldn't.

I know where you are trying to go with this, and it won't work. Guns have great uses. I feed my family with mine. I will protect my family if need be with mine. However, drugs won't feed my family, or protect them.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Deep you seem to be of the mind set that guns are just bad. Bad evil things that do no good. A gun is a tool. If used wrong it can be very bad. If used right, they are great. If you want to fix the problem of murders don't look at the tool being used, look at the person. What caused this? What can we do as a society to help keep people from taking these actions. Until liberals want to do that, this gun grabbing bullshit is just flat out horse shit. You act like you care but you don't really give a shit. If you gave two shits, that's what you would want to be worked on, but instead you try to remove people's rights, because your scared of a tool you know nothing about.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guns are easily transported. Very easily.

No I am not for hard drugs being legalized because hard drugs are only bad. They offer nothing good. They lead people to do things they normally wouldn't.

I know where you are trying to go with this, and it won't work. Guns have great uses. I feed my family with mine. I will protect my family if need be with mine. However, drugs won't feed my family, or protect them.

I'm fine with hunting and the notion of protecting your family - at home - if need be. most (not all) home intruders try to steal and get out fast, their main goal isn't to hurt occupants.

do you NEED to hunt with pistols? why don't we start with this.....ban handguns which "are easily transported, very easily". true hunters can keep their hunting guns (long guns) for that purpose. fair?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm fine with hunting and the notion of protecting your family - at home - if need be. most (not all) home intruders try to steal and get out fast, their main goal isn't to hurt occupants.

do you NEED to hunt with pistols? why don't we start with this.....ban handguns which "are easily transported, very easily". true hunters can keep their hunting guns (long guns) for that purpose. fair?

Nope. Pistols are legal for hunting and I want them for protection of my family.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for sure this is it for me on this topic. clearly, nothing is going to change here.

btw Sick - I'm liberal on this topic of gun control, but actually conservative overall.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

And what the hell do you mean by true hunters?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If you want to fix the problem of murders don't look at the tool being used, look at the person. What caused this?

The vast majority of the time? Under-25, male, unemployed drug users with existing criminal records (as 97% of murderers have criminal records and 91% of the victims do; an average of 13 convictions) and people who are in the country illegally.

But let's blame those evil guns.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The "cities with strict gun laws still have lots of gun crime" schtick fails for a couple reasons. First and foremost, most cities with strict gun laws enacted those laws because they had a preexisting problem with gun crime. It's not like they were paradises that turned into warzones once guns were outlawed. Has Chicago seen a dramatic increase in gun crime since their laws became stricter? Honest question, I don't know the answer.

Perhaps more to the point so far as this conversation goes, and as I addressed earlier, a finite area with strict gun laws has little relevancy to the conversation of meaningful national firearm reform if the area surrounding that finite area has lax gun laws. Strict gun laws in Washington DC are ineffective in large part because someone can just drive into VA and get a gun, then carry it illegally in DC. It's a given that any sort of reform would have to be undertaken on a significant scale before it would have an appreciable effect.

Finally, you guys keep acting like permissive gun laws limit gun crimes. There is very little hard evidence to support that. You love to cite Chicago and Oakland. Well NO, KC, Memphis, and Cleveland all have very high rates of gun crimes despite permissive gun laws. And the US, which has very permissive laws compared to the rest of the developed world, has a rate of firearm homicide that is twenty times the average in those other countries, and a simple murder rate that is at least 3-4 times that of Canada, Australia, and Western and Southern Europe.

Chart: The U.S. has far more gun-related killings than any other developed country - The Washington Post

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So again, what do we do once we have acknowledged that there is a problem with gun violence in this country? Do we push for a militarized citizenry? Or do we look for other ways to bring our firearm-related homicide rate in line with other developed nations?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not a conservative either by the way dont take that the wrong way. I'm a libertarian.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nope. Pistols are legal for hunting and I want them for protection of my family.

ok. this is what everyone is saying too, for protection of my family. everyone is getting paranoid and its feeding onto itself.

your home will be protected - assuming you're home - but you won't be protected in public.....where most killings occur.