• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama to hire Mike Stoops?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he thought you were talking about Stoops. @Jtrain80 ?

That guy needs put the pipe down long enough to follow the conversation.

Yes, I was talking about Stoops. Mike to be exact, not Bob or Mark.

So, you guys weren't happy about Mike coming back and Venables being gone at that time is what you are claiming?

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you guys weren't happy about Mike coming back and Venables being gone at that time is what you are claiming?

I was never happy about venables leaving.

A lb that played for Brent when all that went down is a radio guy now and had a unique perspective. He rehashed all of it recently with all the changes. I like Brent even more now.

Yes, I was happy about Mike coming back. Thought it would get us over the hump.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lb that played for Brent when all that went down is a radio guy now and had a unique perspective. He rehashed all of it recently with all the changes. I like Brent even more now.

Any summary?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't say all Oklahoma fans are the same or anything, but I do not remember any Oklahoma fans being upset about him leaving, and he was often the butt of jokes from Oklahoma fans.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any summary?

It was more of a new adventure and professional development opportunity than him getting ran out of town. Not wanting to get complacent....He also didnt want to be seen as needing Mike's help to get it fixed. The player was Rufus Alexander. It was a 15 minute discussion that was much better than I am willing type.

I can't say all Oklahoma fans are the same or anything, but I do not remember any Oklahoma fans being upset about him leaving, and he was often the butt of jokes from Oklahoma fans.

We just thought the defense was bad. We had no idea....

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any truth to the rumor that Saban's nickname for Mike Stoops is "Fluffer"?

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As an objective OU fan, Mike Stoops is a great coach. Ive watched OU have GREAT defenses because of him. Lets face it, we just haven't had the talent in years on the defensive side. Look at Venables... We hated him at OU and now hes the hottest coach in football. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Bama hires him as an actual DC. The guy knows his X's and O's and I think hes perfect for the SEC.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an objective OU fan, Mike Stoops is a great coach. Ive watched OU have GREAT defenses because of him. Lets face it, we just haven't had the talent in years on the defensive side. Look at Venables... We hated him at OU and now hes the hottest coach in football. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Bama hires him as an actual DC. The guy knows his X's and O's and I think hes perfect for the SEC.

Dude, we’ve had a hell of a lot better talent than the product we’ve been putting on the field on defense. There is no excuse for Iowa fucking state to have a better defense than us. It’s not just a talent issue.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is how I remember Oklahoma fans.

Stoops has been hired as an analyst, so he's an off the field coach. In that position, he's for sure a great hire. It also puts him at a good chance of being an on the field coach.

Does he call stunts on the goalline? If the answer to that is no, then he'd be an upgrade over Tosh already.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I remember Oklahoma fans.

Stoops has been hired as an analyst, so he's an off the field coach. In that position, he's for sure a great hire. It also puts him at a good chance of being an on the field coach.

Does he call stunts on the goalline? If the answer to that is no, then he'd be an upgrade over Tosh already.

He doesn’t call stunts ever. He was hell bent on running a two gap scheme that asked his DL to bump bellies with the OL.