• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama students could be penalized for not staying until the end of football games

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say she can stay up there … now, stfu and :drool:
giphy.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're bashing Bama I'll post this tweet in here that I just came across today.

Person who wrote that tweet is a dumbass.

Oregon and Washington have weak overall schedules because the Pac12 has become a joke.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fancy book learnin.
They are going to make them re-read "Sally, Dick and Jane"? Wasn't the first time painful enough for them?

They still have the constitutional right not to endure cruel and unusual punishment.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban ain’t messing around. If this plan doesn’t work then plan B is lock all the doors at Bryant-Denny from the inside.

Who do you think wields more power in Tuscaloosa, Saban or the fire-marshal?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. In my time at Bama I only ever left one game early, and it was because my date was going hypothermic. We went 3-9 my freshman year.

Should have let her go man, a chain is only as strong as the weakest link...

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Oklahoma we've NEVER had a problem with our fans leaving early because we win way too many games with runaway scores, however, the celebratory public masturbation is probably a bit tasteless.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Mexico St., Southern Miss and Western Carolina @ home. Can you blame them leaving.

They might have a chance to play if they stayed for those games.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the big deal is.

Everyone has been complaining about this for years. Not just Saban, not just the players, but everyone - especially the students who don't get the tickets/fans. Depending on who you ask, they'll blame a number of things. Bad games are cited, however it doesn't hold up to just those games. Alabama has been taking in a lot of out of state students is another etc. Usually whatever grip they have = the reason why.

Other students especially bitch about the way it was because the tickets were given out based on other things. Frats/Sorority types get first dibs, higher classman etc. And many of them would take it for granted, not show up at all to games even though they had an entire section for them, leave early, etc.

But these are tickets that are cheaper(although they increased the cost a little), good seats and most importantly - they are limited. So they are plenty of students who want to go to the games and would stay the entire game, but they are assed out on tickets because other students have priority. And if the students can't fill it, they'll make the student section smaller and fill it with fans - probably not going to be an issue.

So basically, when all those entitled greek bitches pull their shit, they are going to lose their tickets and they'll go to someone who doesn't take it for granted.

Doesn't affect me in the least, but I've been hearing the complaints for years, especially about the greeks. From what I can tell, this is a pretty good idea so long as they can actually track it.

But I guess if people want to pretend like it's a matter of no students want to go to games and such and then make up their own narratives nothing is going to stop it. Truth is, it just changes the priority which tickets are given out.
I was at that game ... it was a billion degrees, we got into the stadium 10 minutes late and it was 21-0. It was 49-0 at half time. It was parents weekend, and there aren't a lot of parents like me who are going to stay in 100+ heat, a mile in the air ... that's where our seats were ... in a game that should never have been scheduled to begin with.

Schedule some decent games and the students will stay.

As for getting tickets, it's easy for students to get tickets. My son is a freshman and was guaranteed tickets to 2 home games. He easily bought tickets for the other 4 home games. It was hard at all.

This is much simpler than people are making it: get rid of the scrub teams (this is a problem for all teams including mine), and realize that when you are so good that you are basically in the NC hunt every frickin year and club most teams like baby seals, and play in the late summer early fall heat, people are going to leave early. Oh, yeah, and quit expanding your stadium (which you are wisely doing with the new renovations where you are reducing seats).

It sickens me to do this, but RTR ... that's unconditional love for one's child.