• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: AL West will be decided this weekend

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never had any issues with Stub Hub, I don't think you will have a problem at all buying them now.

Awesome thanks Murph! Tough loss tonight but I have we will pin the West down.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome thanks Murph! Tough loss tonight but I have we will pin the West down.

I sure hope we can find a way to win tomorrow, I don't want to be on pins and needles when I am at the game on Sunday.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo played well, as did Andrus. Perez and Dyson were both lights out as well.

Prince looks totally lost at the plate and Josh needs to be parked back on the bench. He did get screwed on that pitch in the 9th, but for the most part his at-bats are as lackadaisical as ever. Way too many careless swings at pitches in the dirt. Odor needs a day or two off to reset as well. His patience at the plate is getting worse by the day.

And the decision to pitch Tolleson in the 9th was bad all the way around- bad matchups, 4 days straight, etc.. In fact, my brother and I were talking with several people in our section as they brought Tolleson in, and every last one of agreed that it was a huge mistake that would likely cost them the game. When a group of strangers at a ballgame all 100% agree ahead of time that the move you're making is incredibly stupid and for some reason you can't see it Banny... that's really not good.

Try again tomorrow I guess.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope we can find a way to win tomorrow, I don't want to be on pins and needles when I am at the game on Sunday.

Agree 100%... it would be great if they put it away tomorrow. Either way, have a great time at the game on Sunday!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prince looks totally lost at the plate and Josh needs to be parked back on the bench. He did get screwed on that pitch in the 9th, but for the most part his at-bats are as lackadaisical as ever. Way too many careless swings at pitches in the dirt. Odor needs a day or two off to reset as well. His patience at the plate is getting worse by the day.

And the decision to pitch Tolleson in the 9th was bad all the way around- bad matchups, 4 days straight, etc.. In fact, my brother and I were talking with several people in our section as they brought Tolleson in, and every last one of agreed that it was a huge mistake that would likely cost them the game. When a group of strangers at a ballgame all 100% agree ahead of time that the move you're making is incredibly stupid and for some reason you can't see it Banny... that's really not good.

Or sometimes shit happens...Trout is the best player in the AL for a reason and sometimes the best player hits a triple. Not everything has to be so cut and dried. And yeah I know you probably didn't ever expect me to say that, but I have chilled out a lot this last year. It's why I haven't been posting as much.

Anyway, get it tomorrow and close the damn thing out and party like crazy after.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ordinarily I would agree but I feel like we have to go with them now. Josh is the best LF defense we have and he had a nice hit in game 1. Odor needs talking to before the game as does Delino. They are so young they make rookie mistakes.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or sometimes shit happens...Trout is the best player in the AL for a reason and sometimes the best player hits a triple. Not everything has to be so cut and dried. And yeah I know you probably didn't ever expect me to say that, but I have chilled out a lot this last year. It's why I haven't been posting as much.

Anyway, get it tomorrow and close the damn thing out and party like crazy after.

Good for you chilling out some.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life circumstances are way improved. Going from making 8.50 an hour to over 40 a year can make anyone chill the hell out.

Now that there's been some time since the game has ended I've thought the same thing sorta. Anaheim is fighting for their playoff lives as well and they just happen to come out on top with this one. Still have 4 possible chances to clinch the west by Sunday afternoon and I still love our chances.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that there's been some time since the game has ended I've thought the same thing sorta. Anaheim is fighting for their playoff lives as well and they just happen to come out on top with this one. Still have 4 possible chances to clinch the west by Sunday afternoon and I still love our chances.

Yes.... I'm not worried. Keuchel is out of the picture for the Astros ( at least until the playoffs). They still have 2 games, we still have 2 games and Hamels. Something should break our way in the next 2 days.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life circumstances are way improved. Going from making 8.50 an hour to over 40 a year can make anyone chill the hell out.

Congrats, a bit of stability and a sense of security in one's livelihood, goes a long way in helping to relieve stress. Stay ambitious, Im sure there is even more out there available to you with a bit of hard work.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stros up 15-2 and looking to get more runs. Hopefully that may light a fire in Arizona's rear tomorrow to come out an get a little bit of revenge on them for pouring it on.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stros up 15-2 and looking to get more runs. Hopefully that may light a fire in Arizona's rear tomorrow to come out an get a little bit of revenge on them for pouring it on.

17 runs up now, hope the snakes get pissed off

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, a bit of stability and a sense of security in one's livelihood, goes a long way in helping to relieve stress. Stay ambitious, Im sure there is even more out there available to you with a bit of hard work.
Yeah, I've been at my company 7 months and I bust my ass and impress the hell out of everyone with my work ethic and attitude. I've had to cut waaaay back on my Rangers watching because I work 9 PM to 7 AM right now, but I follow it on line and root on.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've been at my company 7 months and I bust my ass and impress the hell out of everyone with my work ethic and attitude. I've had to cut waaaay back on my Rangers watching because I work 9 PM to 7 AM right now, but I follow it on line and root on.

Good for you, it will pay off tenfold for you I'm sure. I love the Rangers and baseball but at some point priorities change and you have to make the best of opportunities, while you can. Then later in life they change again and there is more time for the leisurely things in life again.

Back to baseball now, this week is going to put me in an early grave I'm sure of it

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ordinarily I would agree but I feel like we have to go with them now. Josh is the best LF defense we have and he had a nice hit in game 1. Odor needs talking to before the game as does Delino. They are so young they make rookie mistakes.
LF is far and away the least important position on the field defensively. In fact, Bruce Bochy for several seasons now has been playing subpar fielders in LF who can hit because their 4 at-bats outweigh the 1-2 balls they might get hit their way. Now I'm not suggesting to go as far as Napoli bad, but the need for a top defensive player in LF just isn't there. If Napoli could catch routine fly balls, I'd start him all day every day over Josh and live with the 1-2 balls per series that drop in for hits that maybe Josh would have caught. And I would do so because Napoli rarely has a bad at-bat. He works counts. He raises the pitch count significantly. He draws a lot of walks. He doesn't have a great overall average, but his at-bats are way more productive than Josh's.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santiago has been tough on us all year, today would be a good time to get to him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've calmed down now. I broke a plastic 5 gallon bucket in my garage, but I've calmed down. Now. We were never gonna sweep this series. The hitters were too amped and trying too hard, and we had some bad luck. We're gonna do this guys, regardless of what Houston does.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've calmed down now. I broke a plastic 5 gallon bucket in my garage, but I've calmed down. Now. We were never gonna sweep this series. The hitters were too amped and trying too hard, and we had some bad luck. We're gonna do this guys, regardless of what Houston does.

Agreed not worried.... Still have 4 tries and Cole Hamels