• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL West Talk

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you completely!! # 3 starters, good one's, are hard to find. Holland is a true # 3 on this staff if Darvish and Harrison are healthy. How good is he at the # 3 spot? Trading a 22 year old who could be a solid pitcher - regardless of #2, #3 or whatever - and win 14-18 games a season is foolish, unless you're getting a huge return. Trades are made because both teams want to get a return on their investment. Sure, I'd trade Perez if the situation were right. But it better be pretty darn right. Do keep in mind, he's cheap and under team control for several more years.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's that shit talker RespectOaklandBaseball who's been pretty silent.

You're not complaining are ya? hahaha What about that A-hole, Rally Monkey (refuse to call him by his moniker)! I'm counting our blessings.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you completely!! # 3 starters, good one's, are hard to find. Holland is a true # 3 on this staff if Darvish and Harrison are healthy. How good is he at the # 3 spot? Trading a 22 year old who could be a solid pitcher - regardless of #2, #3 or whatever - and win 14-18 games a season is foolish, unless you're getting a huge return. Trades are made because both teams want to get a return on their investment. Sure, I'd trade Perez if the situation were right. But it better be pretty darn right. Do keep in mind, he's cheap and under team control for several more years.

Holland in 2013 is better than Harrison's 2012. Hollands numbers are #2 worthy. Harrison Is a #3 no doubt. A number 3 to be me is a good pitcher not great who also eats innings. Only reason Perez is not untouchable is because rangers are rich in #3 pitchers already

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frasor is a FA next year and he's been pretty damn good this year.

I'm not down on Frasor and you're right, he has done well this season. But, we've got to make a hole for Feliz - when and if he's ready - if for no other reason to see where he's at. If he's back and throwing well, he'll be a good potential trade piece. Don't have that option with Frasor really.

It seems a lot of our BP are on 1 year signings. I believe Cotts, Soria and of course Frasor fall into this category. It's going to be interesting to see how this team is constructed after this season. Because catching is another area which has got to be addressed!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland in 2013 is better than Harrison's 2012. Hollands numbers are #2 worthy. Harrison Is a #3 no doubt. A number 3 to be me is a good pitcher not great who also eats innings. Only reason Perez is not untouchable is because rangers are rich in #3 pitchers already

Incredibly great position to be in.

All I'm saying is we've got 3 top guys signed - Darvish, Holland, Harrison - and Perez is under team control for a few more years. Everyone, even the Rangers, have some type of budgetary constraints, and if we can keep a good pitcher and cheap, all the better.

But you point is taken! Who would've believed we'd be so pitching rich even 6 years ago?

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are ugly.. no 2 ways about it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first troll of the day! haha Welcome aboard knucklehead!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not down on Frasor and you're right, he has done well this season. But, we've got to make a hole for Feliz - when and if he's ready - if for no other reason to see where he's at. If he's back and throwing well, he'll be a good potential trade piece. Don't have that option with Frasor really.

It seems a lot of our BP are on 1 year signings. I believe Cotts, Soria and of course Frasor fall into this category. It's going to be interesting to see how this team is constructed after this season. Because catching is another area which has got to be addressed!

We keep cotts next year.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranger fans, listen up. If you guys ride 3 primary horses in your rotation being Darvish, Holland, and Garza, with Ogando being your prime multi-purpose reliever then you should be able to bash Oakland when it gets to crunch time, coz I think you can take em if you'll just lean on those guys enough.

Texas_Pete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranger fans, listen up. If you guys ride 3 primary horses in your rotation being Darvish, Holland, and Garza, with Ogando being your prime multi-purpose reliever then you should be able to bash Oakland when it gets to crunch time, coz I think you can take em if you'll just lean on those guys enough.

I'd actually be happy with Ogando in pen as a long reliever and keep the rookie Perez at 4th. As for the A's, as long as we can avoid the crazy Aussie Balfour we should be fine.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually be happy with Ogando in pen as a long reliever and keep the rookie Perez at 4th. As for the A's, as long as we can avoid the crazy Aussie Balfour we should be fine.

Well, what that depends on is you not being 4-3 going to the 9th. Just not the spot you want to be in.

Texas_Pete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what that depends on is you not being 4-3 going to the 9th. Just not the spot you want to be in.

That's the thing, the A's are walk off kings in our division, if Balfour is used it would mean we are behind and it's a save situation so either way the A's are dangerous, scrappy bunch, reminds me of a bull terrier that once latched on will not release.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers back in first place :nod:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An ESPN report is surfacing that speculates that ongoing philosophical differences between manager Mike Scioscia and GM Jerry Dipoto are likely to lead to owner Arte Moreno replacing one or both men.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An ESPN report is surfacing that speculates that ongoing philosophical differences between manager Mike Scioscia and GM Jerry Dipoto are likely to lead to owner Arte Moreno replacing one or both men.

Moreno is the problem with that club.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't matter....Oak improved their O fence from last year....who cares how....with the pitching and now some players north of .250...they could really have a shot at this.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't matter....Oak improved their O fence from last year....who cares how....with the pitching and now some players north of .250...they could really have a shot at this.
A shot at winning the west? Who said they didn't have a shot :doh: