• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's why you take the Green Line instead. Did that last time and took the train from Riverside (just off the I-90/I-95 interchange) to the ballpark. $11 between parking and the train rides. Saves the hassle of driving into the area and parking as well.

It’s like $45 or $50 at YS before they club you over the head inside……

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-2 vs the Cardinals
1-2 vs the Brewers
1-2 vs the Reds
1-2 vs the Cubs
1-2 vs the Pirates

If the Orioles end up missing out on winning the division, there will be a weird correlation versus the NL Central of all things.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jeff Passan, the Boston Red Sox fired chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom.
Bloom was thrown right into the fray when he was hired by Boston in 2019. His predecessor, Dave Dombrowski, didn’t sign superstar outfielder Mookie Betts to a long-term extension so Bloom was quickly tasked with finding a trade partner. Bloom was also on the hook for managing some contracts that look bad in hindsight, such as Dombrowski’s extension for Chris Sale. In Bloom’s four years at the helm, the Red Sox made the ALCS once but finished in third or fourth place in the AL East every other season. However, he did restock a barren farm system and rebuild it into one of the best in baseball, which feels like exactly what he was really hired to do. The organ

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jeff Passan, the Boston Red Sox fired chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom.
Bloom was thrown right into the fray when he was hired by Boston in 2019. His predecessor, Dave Dombrowski, didn’t sign superstar outfielder Mookie Betts to a long-term extension so Bloom was quickly tasked with finding a trade partner. Bloom was also on the hook for managing some contracts that look bad in hindsight, such as Dombrowski’s extension for Chris Sale. In Bloom’s four years at the helm, the Red Sox made the ALCS once but finished in third or fourth place in the AL East every other season. However, he did restock a barren farm system and rebuild it into one of the best in baseball, which feels like exactly what he was really hired to do. The organ

Kind of weird they wouldn't wait a few weeks, but whatever.

Take note Hal. It can be done!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was set up to the be the fall guy from the beginning. He did exactly what Henry and Co wanted

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ason. However, he did restock a barren farm system and rebuild it into one of the best in baseball, which feels like exactly what he was really hired to do. The organ

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was set up to the be the fall guy from the beginning. He did exactly what Henry and Co wanted

It will be interesting to see what becomes of these kids he drafted and/or acquired.... A couple of them could be stars...

The new guy will certainly have a ton of trade bait....

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised he got canned though. I figured he'd be the GM in 2024.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised he got canned though. I figured he'd be the GM in 2024.

I think Henry was feeling the pressure... It is clear he wanted to hit re-set & re-build. It looks like Bloom did exactly what he was told to do. (Build up the farm don't take on big contracts.)

Unfortunately, he could not pull the trigger on mid-season trades. That was really his only downfall... He was very creative in creating his rosters, but relying on washed up players and rookies will only take you so far.

Also: When Cora left Barraclough in to get crushed for those four innings a couple weeks ago - it sure seemed like a message to ownership... So, maybe we shouldn't have been surprised.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Henry was feeling the pressure... It is clear he wanted to hit re-set & re-build. It looks like Bloom did exactly what he was told to do. (Build up the farm don't take on big contracts.)

Unfortunately, he could not pull the trigger on mid-season trades. That was really his only downfall... He was very creative in creating his rosters, but relying on washed up players and rookies will only take you so far.
15000 at mondays game might of had some influence :suds:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn’t seem too bad

I don't hate it at all, Schmidt looks like a viable starter. The timing is just peculiar.

I would consider shopping Verdugo in the offseason. Sox have outfielders and I feel like Verdugo's hit his ceiling as a Nick Markakis type (reliable low 100 OPS+ and ~2 WAR guy). Useful but I don't think he's worth extending unless it's cheap.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate it at all, Schmidt looks like a viable starter. The timing is just peculiar.

I would consider shopping Verdugo in the offseason. Sox have outfielders and I feel like Verdugo's hit his ceiling as a Nick Markakis type (reliable low 100 OPS+ and ~2 WAR guy)
kinda dumb for the yankees:suds:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O's have another top prospect making an MLB debut... this time Heston Kjerstad (#24 per MLB). Hit .303/.376/.528 with 29 doubles, 8 triples, and 21 homers between AA and AAA

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7z78qi.jpg

LOL.