• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me when the Royals career player and allstar Frank White was fired from the Royals color commentator job because he was too negative. Only to be replaced by goofy cheerleader Rex Hudler.

I have no great love for the ANGELOS family. They have been below average owners, and have a history of firing announcers all the time.

But, this story seems off. There is definitely more to it..... there is no way the team just takes the bad PR for 2 straight days.
There seems to be some gag order from both sides. No comments speak volumes.

There is no source. There is just some local yokel Baltimore beat reporter claiming he heard it from an un-named source of his.
There is also some chatter about his "comments regarding other announcer outfits" which is probably code for Melanie Newman sexist stuff.

Regardless, nobody liked him. I have MASN on in the background, and barely noticed he was gone Nobody in Baltimore cares.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no great love for the ANGELOS family. They have been below average owners, and have a history of firing announcers all the time.

But, this story seems off. There is definitely more to it..... there is no way the team just takes the bad PR for 2 straight days.

There is no source. There is just some local yokel Baltimore beat reporter claiming he heard it from an un-named source of his.
There is also some chatter about his "comments regarding other announcer outfits" which is probably code for Melanie Newman sexist stuff.

Regardless, nobody liked him. I have MASN on in the background, and barely noticed he was gone Nobody in Baltimore cares.

Ummmmm Brown is very well liked.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny. I’d like to see how each team is impacted by the home plate umps over the course of the season. As a Sox fan, I feel like the Yankees ALWAYS get the close calls…but I wonder if that’s even true. They’ve had those umpire scorecards for a while. I wonder which teams really do benefit the most.
Last night it said 14 of the 21 missed calls went against the Yankees

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno, I kina liked his announcing. Though NOBODY beats the way John Miller used to call games for the O’s back in the day.

I’ll take Jim Palmer over any of thr yankees announcers and their ridculous homerisms every day of the week and twice on Sunday however. “IT’S AN A-BOMB FOR A-ROD!!!”

Jesus.

I agree with you that there must be more to the story.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, I kina liked his announcing. Though NOBODY beats the way John Miller used to call games for the O’s back in the day.

I’ll take Jim Palmer over any of thr yankees announcers and their ridculous homerisms every day of the week and twice on Sunday however. “IT’S AN A-BOMB FOR A-ROD!!!”

Jesus.

I agree with you that there must be more to the story.

Gary Thorne was fantastic also. Also great doing hockey play by play

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night it said 14 of the 21 missed calls went against the Yankees
You are still talking about a single game. I want to know which teams have been helped/hurt the most by bad home plate umps over the course of the whole season.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees are next level stupid.

Give Ian 1 inning (shutout inning) then go to this trash Severino in the 2nd

Already allowed 3 ER in 1/3 IP

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what more they need to see to show he should not be pitching for the team anymore

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees are next level stupid.

Give Ian 1 inning (shutout inning) then go to this trash Severino in the 2nd

Already allowed 3 ER in 1/3 IP

Haha I saw your post earlier and just saw the score.

Thought to myself "careful what you wish for I guess".

THen I check the boxscore and see that Severino was brought in and it was actually him that gave it up haha

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Severino pitching for the Yankees in the future, but he needs to be sent down until they figure out what is going on.
If they didn't insist on using a guy with an era probably at 8 now, im pretty certain they would he within 3 games of a WC spot....likely closer

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Severino pitching for the Yankees in the future, but he needs to be sent down until they figure out what is going on.

does he even have any minor league options

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole team plays like the bad part of the Bad News Bears. Go 2 for 3 in the first inning and only bring 3 batters up. A manager that hit a knuckle ball 20 years ago and is still living off it. And a pitcher that thinks the best place to leave a pitch is the middle of the plate.