• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJLM is a machine...for the Yankees. But he’s 32 and looked finished(in COL of all places) his past 2 years there. He wasn’t even league average when the Yankees signed him. That’s why that signing was widely mocked at the time. Somehow he’s become a monster in NYY. I don’t trust him to be that guy in Boston. Still taking Devers and Bogaerts over anything else in the NYY lineup.

I’d take Mookie Betts over all of them.....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s hilarious is there is a very decent possibility the Red Sox will be going their 3rd straight season without playing a meaningful September game, and somehow your ok with that. So yeah I’ll take Exciting summers and October baseball every season, cause every season they have a chance to go to the World Series

saying the window is closing on a group all under 30 while the Red Sox are riding the back of a 35 year old you all hoped would opt out, who “magically” no one could get out anymore
The funny thing is that you are forced to say you’d prefer the one WS appearance(and win) over the FOUR the Red Sox have had since 2004 to defend your silly argument. The Yankees are a playoff footnote every year. For many many years. And you pretend they have even been CLOSE to winning something.

As for the Red Sox, we fans understand they are manic bunch. Dizzying highs and bottomless lows. Last place one year...World Series Champs the next. That’s just how they do it. It isn’t a very stable ride, but it’s much more fun than what you are pitching.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that you are forced to say you’d prefer the one WS appearance(and win) over the FOUR the Red Sox have had since 2004 to defend your silly argument. The Yankees are a playoff footnote every year. For many many years. And you pretend they have even been CLOSE to winning something.

As for the Red Sox, we fans understand they are manic bunch. Dizzying highs and bottomless lows. Last place one year...World Series Champs the next. That’s just how they do it. It isn’t a very stable ride, but it’s much more fun than what you are pitching.

No it’s not

All I witness is winning and I’ve witnessed 5 titles in my prime years as a fan

I know we can only work within your time frame window, but the past is the past, baseball didn’t start in 2004 because you want it to

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came to the Yankees as a former batting title winner and still in his prime

not much of a stretch he still had some great baseball

point is, I have crazy respect for Xander and Devers, but I’ll take the guy who has been better at baseball since becoming a Yankee
Got a 2 year/$24m “prove it” contract from the Yankees and did exactly that. But look at his last 2 years in COL and tell me you saw that coming and I’ll say you are lying. And it’s telling that he’s the only guy you even mention as a possibility here.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take Mookie Betts over all of them.....
Well sure. We all would. I have zero issues with that trade, btw. Sox fans who bitch about that one have no concept of the business of baseball. And that is fine.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a 2 year/$24m “prove it” contract from the Yankees and did exactly that. But look at his last 2 years in COL and tell me you saw that coming and I’ll say you are lying. And it’s telling that he’s the only guy you even mention as a possibility here.

He’s the only guy cause I have NO faith in Judge staying healthy

if Judge played 140 games, I have every belief he would put up as good or better than what Devers and Xander put up

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it’s not

All I witness is winning and I’ve witnessed 5 titles in my prime years as a fan

I know we can only work within your time frame window, but the past is the past, baseball didn’t start in 2004 because you want it to
4 of those titles happened before you had pubes and you had to beg to be able to stay up late enough to watch the games.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Just let me stay up!!! I promise I’ll do all my homework early!”

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing everyone else out of position to improve Torres’s luck seems to be a particularly boneheaded solution.

Everyone else? Dj plays 1b and 3b in addition to 2b. That wouldn't be a new position for him

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the only guy cause I have NO faith in Judge staying healthy

if Judge played 140 games, I have every belief he would put up as good or better than what Devers and Xander put up
Definitely. But that’s just it: none of us trust Judge to stay on the field. He’s only managed to do that once in his career. I don’t like those odds when I’m building a team.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in my 20’s
It’s sad seeing how Yankees fans have gradually lowered their standards over the years. It used to be “World Series or bust” with the Boss and Gene Micheal running the show. Now it’s “the playoffs are a crapshoot every year” under Cashman and the Steinbrenner kids in charge.

Look at you tying yourself in a pretzel to rationalize no WS appearances in 12 years(hell, they didn’t even win the division from 2012-2019). Your “meaningful games in October” crew was usually just a Wild Card also-ran in so many of those years. And, yet, Cashman is never called out. It amazes me.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure. We all would. I have zero issues with that trade, btw. Sox fans who bitch about that one have no concept of the business of baseball. And that is fine.

How about signing Sale for close to $30M a season?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you wish you were young enough to not have to live through the torture of that dynasty
Those teams were just a steamroller. Unstoppable. But it’s also 100 years ago. That’s when Michael handed Cashman a monster and he gradually turned it into a non-factor.

The Yankees have won 1 Title since Tom Brady became the starter for the Pats? Think about that.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about signing Sale for close to $30M a season?
A terrible signing, for sure. Dombrowski got carried away with him and Eovaldi. But it was the Price deal that hurt the most of all.

Mookie was a victim of all that shitty spending. But I’m STILL glad they didn’t sign him for 13 years(or whatever he got from the Dodgers).

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A terrible signing, for sure. Dombrowski got carried away with him and Eovaldi. But it was the Price deal that hurt the most of all.

Mookie was a victim of all that shitty spending. But I’m STILL glad they didn’t sign him for 13 years(or whatever he got from the Dodgers).

Tough to watch a player of his caliber pretty much walk out of town after watching them spend money for years.....I’m not sure how much of a business concept these big market teams have......the spending continues to be insane......they let a generational player go regardless of the years that would be regretful at the end of the contract.....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to watch a player of his caliber pretty much walk out of town after watching them spend money for years.....I’m not sure how much of a business concept these big market teams have......the spending continues to be insane......they let a generational player go regardless of the years that would be regretful at the end of the contract.....
It hurt, but it was for the greater good. I’ve said many times that I don’t want ANYONE on one of those 10-14 year contracts that are floating around these days. I certainly don’t want to sign Mookie for his age 35-40 seasons like the Dodgers did.

You can’t replace Betts short-term, but the Sox got a couple really nice pieces for him(Verdugo is really good already and Downs is an excellent prospect). They will have those guys for many years and it was the best they were going to do. More importantly, they are a year from having a ton of payroll flexibility to do what they want and build the next Championship contender.