• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. I remember him scattering 3 hits over 7 innings in a do or die against the Indians last year. I also remember him giving up 2 runs over 13 IP against the eventual World Champs in the next series.

Based on his resume and make-up, he's still my guy with the season on the line, and he's lined up with what for him is the perfect amount of rest. We'll see what the braintrust decides.

I would have been all in on Tanaka if he didn't pitch like complete shit in his final 2 starts of the season.

I get he was great in the playoffs last year but that can't be the only reason to go with him. Far from a lock he pitches that way this year. Too big of a risk to throw a guy who is currently pitching like shit in a win or go home situation.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been all in on Tanaka if he didn't pitch like complete shit in his final 2 starts of the season.

I get he was great in the playoffs last year but that can't be the only reason to go with him. Far from a lock he pitches that way this year. Too big of a risk to throw a guy who is currently pitching like shit in a win or go home situation.

Agreed. You have to go with Happ now. Especially since they've already said Sanchez is going to start and Sanchez can't handle Tanaka and Severino's pitches in the dirt.

It's too bad, in a perfect world Severino pitches the wild card game because he's much better at home, if you win you have Happ twice for the Sox who he's good against, you have Tanaka for game 2 who is better on the road and then Sevi for game 3 at home where he's better.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The John Sterling call on the Luke Voight almost grand slam will make you want to murder John Sterling

How that guy is allowed to continue to deceive fans relying on his call

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that he's great in the playoffs is not a reason to start him in the one game playoff?

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there.

At the end of the day, they'll start who they think gives them the best chance. And it's not an easy decision I agree. I'd feel better about whoever it was if certain members of the bullpen weren't pitching really crappy at a very inopportune time.

Looks like it will be Fiers for Oakland anyway

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The John Sterling call on the Luke Voight almost grand slam will make you want to murder John Sterling

How that guy is allowed to continue to deceive fans relying on his call

He's the worst, but last night gave me a little hope that they're remembering who they were in the 1st half. It was a furious comeback that fell short, but they came back all the same.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he's great in the playoffs is not a reason to start him in the one game playoff?

At the end of the day, they'll start who they think gives them the best chance. And it's not an easy decision I agree. I'd feel better about whoever it was if certain members of the bullpen weren't pitching really crappy at a very inopportune time.

If they don't batter Mike Friers, screw they anyway

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been very "Happ-ian" for them. 5-1 with a 2.90 since the trade.

I know, on my fantasy team

He's the guy that hit Stanton in the face and again this year

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the worst, but last night gave me a little hope that they're remembering who they were in the 1st half. It was a furious comeback that fell short, but they came back all the same.
That guy Romo was throwing lawn darts in the 9th inning.....Really wish Andujar didn't swing at the first pitch......Really thought they were sending that to extra innings at least.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had a good year in the playoffs. If this was a guy with 18 playoffs starts and years of playoffs experience then I'm with you.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Yankees sweep the Sox and they win 100 games.
If the Red Sox sweep the Yankees they win 110.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Redbury hotel east 29th

Another great place I had dinner at last night

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Question is how "all in" are the Sox this weekend?

You would think ideally they would rather face Oakland

Do they invest effort in trying to move the Yankees to Oakland?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redbury hotel east 29th

Another great place I had dinner at last night

Not familiar with that place. I went to Strip House last Saturday. Hadn't been there in years. It's still really good.

Oh and we checked out Existing Conditions as well. Big space. Could place to go if you are looking for a cocktail bar and you have a largish sized group.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is how "all in" are the Sox this weekend?

You would think ideally they would rather face Oakland

Do they invest effort in trying to move the Yankees to Oakland?

I highly doubt either team is all that concerned about these games. Hitting a milestone is nice to have but both teams will be lining their teams for the post-season and likely giving some rest to some players.

NYYFAN126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have to start coming here more.

Snoogs is unbearable.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1