• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Aaron Boone

I don't want to see Holmes until Wednesday

Allowing your closer to throw 45 pitches in early August is idiotic

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Holmes had it all along.

Melting Hot Dog GIF

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there’s a good chance the Astros win the AL once again, especially if Kyle Tucker comes back soon. They have a very strong lineup.
The race between the O’s and Yanks in the East is interesting, I could see either team getting to the World Series, the O’s have a very deep lineup and the Yanks seem to be finally getting some production from guys other than Judge/Soto and of course Judge/Soto are 2 of MLBs best.
The Central has been very competitive but I don’t think the Guardians/Twins/Royals will make it to the World Series.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt trust the Yanks or the Os to get to the world series this year with the holes in their pitching staffs.

The Guardians were the best AL team the Os have faced this year, followed by the astros in my opinion, and the Royals were not slouches either.

There’s no runaway team in either league which is both exciting and frustrating as an O’s fan who hoped that the team to build off their 101 win season. Instead we got three starting pitchers on the DL, a $16m closer who has blown 8 saves and got demoted for an inconsistent trade rental, an entire bullpen that cant protect a lead, and two major injuries to a break out rookie (westburg) and fifth infielder (Mateo).

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A possibility I definitely considered. And they have been sleepwalking since the AS Break. But my conclusion is that the Astros are the best team in the AL. Dismiss them at your own peril.
Still not overly impressed with them, but the pitching has made quite the turnaround. Hunter Brown has quietly been one of the best pitchers in the AL after a very bad April (2.64 ERA since). Arrighetti seems to be getting the walks under control, he's put up very good strikeout numbers already. He could be poised for a breakout in 2025. Position players are solid, although they're not nearly as deep as they used to be. Alvarez, Tucker (who has been hurt) and Altuve have been doing most of the lifting.

I do think they're easily the best team in the AL West though. Mariners pitching hasn't been that good away from T-Mobile Park (2.76 ERA at home, 4.25 on road) and they can't hit.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

only good news for the Sox this weekend

Anthony's final AB in AA:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

only good news for the Sox this weekend

Anthony's final AB in AA:
Good to see! I feel like they waited too long on Mayer and Teel, who were both ready for the bump at least a month ago.

Meanwhile, I wasn’t sure Anthony was ready yet. He’s had some struggles.

Interested to see how they make the roster space.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not overly impressed with them, but the pitching has made quite the turnaround. Hunter Brown has quietly been one of the best pitchers in the AL after a very bad April (2.64 ERA since). Arrighetti seems to be getting the walks under control, he's put up very good strikeout numbers already. He could be poised for a breakout in 2025. Position players are solid, although they're not nearly as deep as they used to be. Alvarez, Tucker (who has been hurt) and Altuve have been doing most of the lifting.

I do think they're easily the best team in the AL West though. Mariners pitching hasn't been that good away from T-Mobile Park (2.76 ERA at home, 4.25 on road) and they can't hit.
Their pitching looked damn good this weekend. And Bregman looks like he’s locked-in. Adding Verlander and Tucker in the next couple of weeks might just make them the favorite. I doubt anyone would be excited to draw HOU in the playoffs.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt trust the Yanks or the Os to get to the world series this year with the holes in their pitching staffs.

The Guardians were the best AL team the Os have faced this year, followed by the astros in my opinion, and the Royals were not slouches either.

There’s no runaway team in either league which is both exciting and frustrating as an O’s fan who hoped that the team to build off their 101 win season. Instead we got three starting pitchers on the DL, a $16m closer who has blown 8 saves and got demoted for an inconsistent trade rental, an entire bullpen that cant protect a lead, and two major injuries to a break out rookie (westburg) and fifth infielder (Mateo).
Hard to argue with this. The Royals have the rotation depth top to bottom and have gotten great performances. Their bullpen is a big question mark. But it seems like the Astros are peaking at the right time. Cleveland has the bullpen in spades, and if Gavin Williams can figure himself out, they have enough offense to also make noise.

If the Orioles are heading into the last two weeks without Coulombe, Westburg and Rodriguez, this is going to be an early exit for us again.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their pitching looked damn good this weekend. And Bregman looks like he’s locked-in. Adding Verlander and Tucker in the next couple of weeks might just make them the favorite. I doubt anyone would be excited to draw HOU in the playoffs.
They are getting ready to peak at exactly the right time for a deep playoff run. Just gotta wonder if their bullpen is right after their early struggles and if they are back to their ‘normal’ selves.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to focus on winning the division as that is the only way they get in. Took a quick glance at the remaining schedules and the mariners got the easier schedule to me at least

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue with this. The Royals have the rotation depth top to bottom and have gotten great performances. Their bullpen is a big question mark. But it seems like the Astros are peaking at the right time. Cleveland has the bullpen in spades, and if Gavin Williams can figure himself out, they have enough offense to also make noise.

If the Orioles are heading into the last two weeks without Coulombe, Westburg and Rodriguez, this is going to be an early exit for us again.

I’d take “bullpen in spades with less offense” (cleveland) over “great starting pitching” (royals) or “adequate starting pitching with shitty bullpen and very good offense” (orioles) any day.

A fabtastic bullpen allows the starters to go less innings, and neutralizes an opponent’s ability to work the counts.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to focus on winning the division as that is the only way they get in. Took a quick glance at the remaining schedules and the mariners got the easier schedule to me at least
Why is the division the only way they get in? They can’t make up 2-3 games on MIN or KC in 6 weeks to get a wild card?

Also, i think they win the division anyway.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Williams is starting to get comfortable after no spring training and missing so much time. I also think that Cobb and Boyd will add some depth to the Guardians rotation that just needs to be decent with their bullpen. Jose is 9 homers and 27 RBI's from career highs- would be cool to see him get to 40 homers and 130 RBI's.

Astros have been playing a whole lot better- but if the Mariners somehow win the division the Astros are probably out of the playoffs since they are fairly far behind the Twins, Royals and either YAnks/Balt for the wild card slots. Astros are dangerous but they are going to have a lot of pressure and pushing their pitching all the way up to the end of the season. Sometimes that helps a team develop an edge for the post season- sometimes that makes them exhausted with a tired pitching staff once/if they get there.