• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while this team can be frustrating at times, I can't complain about where they sit. 28-28, though they lag behind their pythag by 3 games... and that's with some major injuries (Story, Casas, Whitlock, Giolito, Bello/Pivetta/Devers also hit IL). Duran/Abreu are looking more and more like they'll lock down at least 2/3 of the outfield for the next few seasons. It's a pretty solid defensive outfield. Jury's still out on Rafaela offensively, but at least they have Anthony in AA. We were hoping Story would be healthy and provide strong middle infield defense, but that didn't last for long. I still think Grissom will rebound offensively, but he's tough to watch right now. Devers has taken a step forward offensively with the improved plate discipline and could be what takes him from being a very good hitter to a great one.

Houck has been incredible thus far. He won't sustain the 1.90 ERA (2.3 HR/FB rate is unsustainable for anyone), but he still has sub-3 FIP and xFIP marks. he's one of the best ground ball pitchers in baseball to go along with a great K/BB ratio. They have him for a few more years, but they should be considering locking him up. I think Crawford's ceiling is a strong #3/solid #2 and that's fine. Bullpen has been pretty good for the most part.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gil and Volpe are tearing it up. As is Schmidt. Nice to see the young guys stepping up. Gil's ERA now under 2 and Volpe on a 21 game hitting streak.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former NY prospect - traded for Verdugo - Richard Fitts, took a perfect gam into the 8th inning last night in AAA...

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former NY prospect - traded for Verdugo - Richard Fitts, took a perfect gam into the 8th inning last night in AAA...

He was great in American Beauty…..

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE]
while this team can be frustrating at times, I can't complain about where they sit. 28-28, though they lag behind their pythag by 3 games... and that's with some major injuries (Story, Casas, Whitlock, Giolito, Bello/Pivetta/Devers also hit IL). Duran/Abreu are looking more and more like they'll lock down at least 2/3 of the outfield for the next few seasons. It's a pretty solid defensive outfield. Jury's still out on Rafaela offensively, but at least they have Anthony in AA. We were hoping Story would be healthy and provide strong middle infield defense, but that didn't last for long. I still think Grissom will rebound offensively, but he's tough to watch right now. Devers has taken a step forward offensively with the improved plate discipline and could be what takes him from being a very good hitter to a great one.

Houck has been incredible thus far. He won't sustain the 1.90 ERA (2.3 HR/FB rate is unsustainable for anyone), but he still has sub-3 FIP and xFIP marks. he's one of the best ground ball pitchers in baseball to go along with a great K/BB ratio. They have him for a few more years, but they should be considering locking him up. I think Crawford's ceiling is a strong #3/solid #2 and that's fine. Bullpen has been pretty good for the most part.
I take it back

this lineup blows

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soto 3 run triple to blow this open……probably safe to put Rudy Stein in now……

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Means just can't catch a break. 10 starts in the last three seasons and who knows when he'll even be back. Such a promising pitcher too. Wells had been out for the last 1.5 months.

I think their rotation will still be fine. They dodged a bullet with Bradish and he's been excellent since coming off the IL. Corbin Burnes is Corbin Burnes. Grayson Rodriguez looks to be establishing himself as one of the better pitchers in the AL. Irvin is probably pitching over his head, but he's still a good #4/decent #3 type. Kremer's also a fine backend starter, though he's currently on the IL. They could probably use a little more depth though.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, the Sox actually scoring runs for Houck