• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East 2016 thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This final weekend is going to be interesting. Toronto is in Boston. Baltimore is in New York. Both teams can easily lose 2 of 3 against division rivals on the road.

Seattle is at home to Oakland while Detroit is in Atlanta with also a game in Cleveland on Monday pending what happens this weekend.

Would anyone be surprised if the Tigers and Mariners sweep those teams and pass the Jays & O's?

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone be surprised if the Tigers and Mariners sweep those teams and pass the Jays & O's?
Not really. I think the Jays will take 2 of 3 in Boston but that's purely a hunch. As far as the O's are concerned it as always depends on which pitching staff shows up. It's all a scary scenario though.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,889.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I think the Jays will take 2 of 3 in Boston but that's purely a hunch. As far as the O's are concerned it as always depends on which pitching staff shows up. It's all a scary scenario though.
Especially since two of the three guys going for us are Gallardo and Miley.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many baseball coaches have you had in your baseball careers, did you have a baseball career?

thats what i thought!

just want to end with this.. you talk about the players, the overpaid who underperformed, for example Texiera. IF suktarrdee had ballz, tex would have been told to go the other way at the plate, even Tex said the Org. wanted him to hit homeruns... this guy is a contact hitter, he hits for average, will give you 25-30 dingers and 100 rbi's, should have expected nothing less, isn't that why he got the big contract??? but know, play right into the shift every AB, every game, and what were the results? well below his avg in all categories, and don't give me age!!! it was the shift! and blotarrdee never said a freeekin word about it! imagine where this team would have been had TEX used the whole ballpark? what it would have done for the whole team offensively?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what i thought!

just want to end with this.. you talk about the players, the overpaid who underperformed, for example Texiera. IF suktarrdee had ballz, tex would have been told to go the other way at the plate, even Tex said the Org. wanted him to hit homeruns... this guy is a contact hitter, he hits for average, will give you 25-30 dingers and 100 rbi's, should have expected nothing less, isn't that why he got the big contract??? but know, play right into the shift every AB, every game, and what were the results? well below his avg in all categories, and don't give me age!!! it was the shift! and blotarrdee never said a freeekin word about it! imagine where this team would have been had TEX used the whole ballpark? what it would have done for the whole team offensively?

emot-words.gif

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Birds. The agony of having the magic number being 1 now.....so close...

Thankfully, it seemed like the Yankees rolled over and quit.

Sideways rain, empty stadium, cold air, and a meaningless game.

I really cannot fault them for half-assing it versus the Orioles.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,889.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Birds. The agony of having the magic number being 1 now.....so close...

I just hope that they can do it for two more games.

Now we're on top of the wild card standings and with Toronto losing tonight, Detroit winning and Seattle currently winning, the next 2-3 days will be very interesting.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Magic number is 2....

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic number is 2....

The Orioles clinch at least a post-season tiebreaker game with a magic number of 1
So, in my mind the number is 1 to play some form of "post-162 baseball."

Sure, it is a technicality, but you don't want to see it end on the very last day.
It is like the play-in game of the NCAA tourney. It is better than not making it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles clinch at least a post-season tiebreaker game with a magic number of 1
So, in my mind the number is 1 to play some form of "post-162 baseball."

Sure, it is a technicality, but you don't want to see it end on the very last day.
It is like the play-in game of the NCAA tourney. It is better than not making it.

Lol but the 1 game WC is the one that is like the play in game.

I like the Os and hope they get in. But I'm not being technical, I'm just stating fact. They need a collection of 2 wins/Toronto or Detroit losses.

Game 163 is nothing to celebrate. Unless you win.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might go down as my favorite Sox team. Just a very fun year with:

the Killer B's
Ortiz
Porcello
Steven Wright (first half at least)
Hanley
Pedroia
The many comebacks (Astros, Jays, Yanks, Rangers)
Betts' 3-HR games
11-game win streak

Sucks Ortiz will be retiring, but I'm very excited to see what the next few years bring. Glad they'll at least be giving him another shot at a ring.
Yep fun year. With the young talent the future looks bright.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beer and wings would have been funny like four years ago. Already won a title since then. What have the Yanks done recently again? The Mets have come much closer to winning it all recently... the Mets.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the yanks had a real coach here in NY, the 1 championship you speak of would have been ours....

surprised you mention Mets, good for you, hows that visual of the ball going through buckners legs....OUCH

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol but the 1 game WC is the one that is like the play in game.

I like the Os and hope they get in. But I'm not being technical, I'm just stating fact. They need a collection of 2 wins/Toronto or Detroit losses.

Game 163 is nothing to celebrate. Unless you win.

facts