• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Thread '19 Edition

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it’s the Orioles

The Indians do not lose to these shit teams.

Like honestly, I think they rarely ever even trail

They have their next 12 games against bad teams. The Royals have been playing them tough this year though, so no gimmes there. They have absolutely dominated the Tigers though.

Tigers
Royals 2x
Blue Jays

Then the hard part starts

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Royals need to find an opener to pair with Junis, and let him use his slider, which is actually really good! Far more. It's not a very impressive White Sox lineup, but if you can take away a turn of 1-3 hitters or even start him off with the 7-8-9 hitters, I think he'd benefit a great deal from it.

Dingers hurt him far more than anything else, removing a lot of the thump probably could depress his ERA far better than most pitchers.

Has an xFIP around 4.5, but can eat innings, but gets bombed far too much so his ERA is around 5 now.

Problem is their bullpen is a dumpster fire. They got some live arms on the farm (one of the few things they could call a strength in the system, marginal as it is) so nobody is really home. Kyle Zimmer seems like a pretty logical candidate for such a task in the 2nd half.

They can get a lot more value out of Junis than they are getting the past two years, imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plutko got kicked around a bit and one of the Tigers jerkoff relievers pissed it away.

I listened to an interview with Tribe play-by-play guy Tom Hamilton on 1500 last Friday (he is absolutely phenomenal by the way) and he seems to think that it is unlikely that they are going to be big buyers at the deadline, but he also says that they can't go full rebuild either.

So he expects a guy like Bauer to be traded in a "reload" type of move like Tampa Bay did by trading Archer. Obviously trades that lopsided don't happen very often, but they are going to want talent to help this year or within the next year or two.

That’s what I expect too, they have some depth at SP so Bauer can be traded to RELOAD instead of rebuild. I would think the only thing they would accept in a trade is one or two young players that are MLB ready NOW, not AA or AAA talent. As much as I love Bauer I could be up for it depending on who they get, still want them to be buyers but it doesnt seem like it’s happening

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plutko got kicked around a bit and one of the Tigers jerkoff relievers pissed it away.

I listened to an interview with Tribe play-by-play guy Tom Hamilton on 1500 last Friday (he is absolutely phenomenal by the way) and he seems to think that it is unlikely that they are going to be big buyers at the deadline, but he also says that they can't go full rebuild either.

So he expects a guy like Bauer to be traded in a "reload" type of move like Tampa Bay did by trading Archer. Obviously trades that lopsided don't happen very often, but they are going to want talent to help this year or within the next year or two.

Yeah no way they truly buy. And they won’t blow it up either.

I think they definitely trade Bauer like you said.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have their next 12 games against bad teams. The Royals have been playing them tough this year though, so no gimmes there. They have absolutely dominated the Tigers though.

Tigers
Royals 2x
Blue Jays

Then the hard part starts

Yeah I did see the schedule after hers real grueling. Right as the deadline comes and goes haha

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Royals need to find an opener to pair with Junis, and let him use his slider, which is actually really good! Far more. It's not a very impressive White Sox lineup, but if you can take away a turn of 1-3 hitters or even start him off with the 7-8-9 hitters, I think he'd benefit a great deal from it.

Dingers hurt him far more than anything else, removing a lot of the thump probably could depress his ERA far better than most pitchers.

Has an xFIP around 4.5, but can eat innings, but gets bombed far too much so his ERA is around 5 now.

Problem is their bullpen is a dumpster fire. They got some live arms on the farm (one of the few things they could call a strength in the system, marginal as it is) so nobody is really home. Kyle Zimmer seems like a pretty logical candidate for such a task in the 2nd half.

They can get a lot more value out of Junis than they are getting the past two years, imo.
So I guess the rotation in pencil right now is...

Duffy
Keller
Junis (Probably needs an opener to hide his weaknesses from thinner lineups)
Montgomery (Another guy who probably should have an opener)
Sparkman (Shouldn't be in an MLB rotation)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians rolling the Tigers again.

Twins losing early to Mets.

More sloppy baseball. Handing over runs.

Also starred Castro vs the lefty pitcher. Passed ball. We call that coaching to lose

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting completely shutdown by Glenn freaking Sparkman is not a great look for the White Sox lineup....

CGSO.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve now lost a .5 game since all star break

Time is a joke of its former self

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it up! I mean with the next 3 series if we could somehow catch the Twins that would be an ideal scenario.

While the Indians are playing the Royals and Blue Jays after the Tigers the Twins will be playing the A's and Yankees.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get to count on the Tigers, who are 1-11 (maybe 2-10?) against the Indians.

Yay...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right... That was absolutely pathetic.

Officially time to panic.

It’s really inexcusable and tough to even fully blame the team. The issues have been apparent for ever and we haven’t acted on it.

The big blow was them pinch hitting a lefty vs May. We couldn’t counter because our only lefty is Rogers. It’s been the case all year.

But we have a GM and his butt buddy that won’t make a move. Not one.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians will be in 1st by August 1st.

Mueller will be investigating Indians/Tigers Collusion

ilhan-omar-pensive-620x317.jpg