• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 shutouts outta 15 games.

The record is 8. It happened one time on 6/4/72. 7 shutouts has happened many times.

Okay.. so, if the entire MLB was that close to the record at 7, then 4 SHOs coming out of a division has to be a record for sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay.. so, if the entire MLB was that close to the record at 7, then 4 SHOs coming out of a division has to be a record for sure.

I don't know if they records by division on one day, but I couldn't find anything. I'm sure it is though

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh iffy. usually it happens around 1st or 2nd week of august. I see no reason why this year should be different.

..I cant believe the tribe have much hope. tell me...was I wrong last year????

When you gonna stop living in the past dougie?? Last years got nothing to do with this one. This one wont have nothing to do with next. Teams get worse, teams get better. Look at the Yanks... contender last yr, damn near a bottom feeder this yr. Things change dougie. Accept change & youll be a better adjusted person :rollseyes:

Here's something I bet has never happened in the history of the game. The entire AL Central division gave up a TOTAL of 1 run today. The Tigers, Indians, Royals, and Twins all dealt SHOs.. and, the WSox gave up the 1 run. I haven't tried to look it up, but I'm about dead certain this has never happened before.

Outstanding!! Unfuckinbelievable :yahoo:

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you gonna stop living in the past dougie?? Last years got nothing to do with this one. This one wont have nothing to do with next. Teams get worse, teams get better. Look at the Yanks... contender last yr, damn near a bottom feeder this yr. Things change dougie. Accept change & youll be a better adjusted person :rollseyes:

:agree:

True. The Indians are a considerably better team than they were in 2012. Justin Masterson came up with Tito in Boston and you could expect that he would make the huge step forward into becoming the ace this year. The Sox were very reluctant to part with him when they did, but they needed the bat of Victor Martinez at that time (trade deadline of 2009).

Nick Swisher brings a steady bat and a lot of leadership. Michael Bourn is an outstanding leadoff man and Terry Francona has the track record you want in a manager.

We are fortunate here in Detroit that Cleveland's bullpen has been subpar because last year Vinnie Pestano and Chris Perez were lights out. They have been pretty horseshit overall, just like Brayan Villereal and Al Alburquerque have been for the Tigers. But Pestano and Perez mean more to the Tribe's pen than the Tiger duo.

I expect a race to go on until the end this time, given that as someone stated earlier, the schedules remaining are very favorable for both teams.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes nosfer. you did say the rays would win the AL East..as we all know.. if you leading at July 26..its all wrapped up in the AL East... don't quit your day job eh.

Well, you seem to think that - as of July 28 - the Tigs are a lock in ALC...so in view of that, Nos is entitled to his opinion as well

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are fortunate here in Detroit that Cleveland's bullpen has been subpar because last year Vinnie Pestano and Chris Perez were lights out. They have been pretty horseshit overall, just like Brayan Villereal and Al Alburquerque have been for the Tigers. But Pestano and Perez mean more to the Tribe's pen than the Tiger duo.

I expect a race to go on until the end this time, given that as someone stated earlier, the schedules remaining are very favorable for both teams.

The good news (for us) - Perez is becoming lights out again. Put em down 1-2-3 in two consecutive games. Hes a man on a mission now

Keep Pestano on the bench & we'll do fine

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes nosfer. you did say the rays would win the AL East..as we all know.. if you leading at July 26..its all wrapped up in the AL East... don't quit your day job eh.
Sorry, I didn't see this post.

if nosfer says you leading after july 26.. its locked up.

Awww dougie, do you ever think before you post? I simply said the Rays would win the east you then called me an idiot. Being they have the best record in the AL I might be right, no? And you have already posted Verlander will pitch game one of the Series, funny how its ok for you to make predictions and not ok for anyone else...

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, lookie what we've got here. Tigers and Indians both in control once again. The Indians through timely hitting + Ubaldo twirling a gem.. and, the Tigers, well.. Philly couldn't keep em off the bases, and the Tigers finally got em. You can stop the Tigers with RISP once, and sometimes you can again, but you can't just keep pitching to those wolves with guys on base, you just can't do it. For all their inconsistencies at times, one thing is certain. That is NOT an average lineup, and they WILL tear you a new one when you give them more than a chance or 2 with RISP.. PROMISE!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr hockey..during your man crush rave about felix..
you forgot to mention almost every one of his games when he pitches.. its a "big games" .
seattle always seem to have those "big game" .
not like when scherzer pitches..only thing on the line is first place.
still...
has he even pitched a game when 1st place was on the line????? Xactly

He had 4 1-0 CG shut outs last year. He is good under pressure. Not his fault the rest of the Mariners are bad.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so..that would be a NO. Felix never pitches when things are on the line.

only pitching for that ERA thingy..

best to look good and lose then to WIN and five up a extra run..gotcha

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland still winning. Looks like the Tribe has not been informed of dougie's prediction. (Much like Verlander wasn't informed of dougie's prediction of a shutout win for him in his last outing.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers won. Ricky P does his job again.
best 5th starter in the league!!

Miggy gets thrown out by mildly arguing a call. wow. these umps like to be the star of the show. Miggy didn't even make a gesture to the ump.bad call...
Tigers sweep the Phillies... Indians hang on to keep 2nd place...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander pitched when things were on the line - not good.

doug....I'd rate Verlander as the #5 guy now

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nosfer.. your rays got jetered today.

still. they held on to 1st place tie for 2 whole days. this has to be obne of your greatest predictions.
at least you can say you were right this year..even though it was only for 2 days. iffy would be so proud.. speaking of Iffy.... has he posted about the Tigers sweep??? iam sure he will find fault with it. after all the Tigers held the Phillies to 5 Runs in 3 games. not good enough for ol Iffy

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland still winning. Looks like the Tribe has not been informed of dougie's prediction. (Much like Verlander wasn't informed of dougie's prediction of a shutout win for him in his last outing.

Perez is my neighbor. Maybe I could pass the msg along :laugh3:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's because you are a Tiger hater.

you will have to come up with some new material when verlander is in top form come play off time.
like in 2012 ALDS and the ALCS. I cant even think of 1 DBack starter.....

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pass him along some weed to.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers won. Ricky P does his job again.
best 5th starter in the league!!

Miggy gets thrown out by mildly arguing a call. wow. these umps like to be the star of the show. Miggy didn't even make a gesture to the ump.bad call...
Tigers sweep the Phillies... Indians hang on to keep 2nd place...

:laugh3:

Hang on? Tribe swept the Rangers (that team that gets to WS or ALCS every yr). We shut em out two ganes in a row. Most shutouts in baseball and easily under 2.00 ERA since July 9, best in baseball.

Keep it goin Tribe!!!