• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's a small sample size and has little predictive value? The Angels were 8-1 against the Red Sox back in 2008. Care to tell me how their ALDS meeting went?

I see -- So Detroit plays Boston 4 times and wins 3 of them, including one game 6-1. Then goes on the road and wins game 1, 1-0 and it is Detroit that lucked into a win. So did Boston luck into a win in game 2?

Simple fact is -- Detroit gives Boston problems because of their overall team speed. Detroit also isn't a normal 8th seed, as they are their because they were missing half their team during the year due to injuries and are still without a couple of their better players (namely zetterberg and jonthan erickson)

The NHL is the one major sport where matchups play a huge role. Do I think Boston has more talent than the Wings? Absolutely, especially with the guys Detroit is missing. Do I think Detroit was one of the teams in the East Boston didn't want to see in the playoffs? Absolutely, at least not in the 1st round.

The series will come down to which teams make the other team play their type of game. Game 1 -- Detroit made Boston play their game. Game 2 -- Boston did a great job of making Detroit play their physical style of game.

I still think Boston will win the series based on their depth alone, but it is going to be going to at least 6 games, if not 7.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sale vs JV will be a good one...we cant hit that kid.

detroit has actually done pretty well against Sale. his career ERA is close to 5.00 against Detroit. that being said -- Detroit isn't the same type of offense as we've been in years past. I think the lighter hitting Tigers may struggle against Sale.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
detroit has actually done pretty well against Sale. his career ERA is close to 5.00 against Detroit. that being said -- Detroit isn't the same type of offense as we've been in years past. I think the lighter hitting Tigers may struggle against Sale.

Well he went 3-1 with a 1.83 ERA against our powerful lineup last year....i believe kinsler and rajai actually have decent numbers vs him in limited AB's.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins 9 - 9 after 18 games, it hasn't been pretty but it's better than starting 5 - 13 and already losing what little hope we had...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my fantasy team needs more pitching. My bats have been pretty good and my starters are breasting but with only a few relievers I keep having days of no pitchers

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he went 3-1 with a 1.83 ERA against our powerful lineup last year....i believe kinsler and rajai actually have decent numbers vs him in limited AB's.

Maybe I was mistaken him with someone else. He has only been a starter for two years i think, so no chance his numbers are where I thought they were.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins 9 - 9 after 18 games, it hasn't been pretty but it's better than starting 5 - 13 and already losing what little hope we had...

I think the AL Central race will be pretty good this year. Detroit doesn't have the big lineup, instead relying on different parts of the game to put up runs.

I am really shocked we are 9-6 so far, as Cabrera has been non-existent and our bullpen has struggled too.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fantasy team has struggled from the start, the main two guys I was counting on for some power numbers Chris Davis and Edwin Encarnacion have a combined 1 HR and 13 RBI's.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the AL Central race will be pretty good this year. Detroit doesn't have the big lineup, instead relying on different parts of the game to put up runs.

I am really shocked we are 9-6 so far, as Cabrera has been non-existent and our bullpen has struggled too.

The race might be a good one but it won't include the Twins, we are still a 90 loss club IMO.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins offense has been a bit of an anomaly so far.

We still can't really hit like last year. The insane amount of walks have been huge. Still either get shut down or explode but do a really job of getting teams starters out of games early.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins offense has been a bit of an anomaly so far.

We still can't really hit like last year. The insane amount of walks have been huge. Still either get shut down or explode but do a really job of getting teams starters out of games early.

there's a lot of young talent in Minny. Dozier won't be a star, but I think he'll be a good 2B. Pinto has a really nice bat at catcher and he's improved his defense. Arcia has a lot of power potential, though he needs to works on his plate discipline. I wouldn't give up on Hicks yet either. He could still be a good player, though his window is closing. They have one of the best farm systems as well.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a lot of young talent in Minny. Dozier won't be a star, but I think he'll be a good 2B. Pinto has a really nice bat at catcher and he's improved his defense. Arcia has a lot of power potential, though he needs to works on his plate discipline. I wouldn't give up on Hicks yet either. He could still be a good player, though his window is closing. They have one of the best farm systems as well.

O no doubt about it. We also have rosario(currently suspended) so him or dozier could be trade pieces for pitching or Rosario goes back to outfield.

I'm really high on Arcia just needs to get healthy. He rakes at AAA so should adjust soon. Pinto is a great bat for a catcher, glad he's getting to play everyday at DH at least due to injuries. Shoulda had a grand slam vs Toronto but target field, 411 and 20 degree weather had it go off top of wall. Hit a bomb yesterday.

I'm not giving up on Hicks yet and at least he can defend. Need buxton and sano healthy and up here next year.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O no doubt about it. We also have rosario(currently suspended) so him or dozier could be trade pieces for pitching or Rosario goes back to outfield.

I'm really high on Arcia just needs to get healthy. He rakes at AAA so should adjust soon. Pinto is a great bat for a catcher, glad he's getting to play everyday at DH at least due to injuries. Shoulda had a grand slam vs Toronto but target field, 411 and 20 degree weather had it go off top of wall. Hit a bomb yesterday.

I'm not giving up on Hicks yet and at least he can defend. Need buxton and sano healthy and up here next year.

Hicks has shown better plate discipline thus far (11/18 BB/K in 60 PA this year, 24/84 in 281 PA last year). So that's encouraging.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you tell us what Miggy did in that series? He went 1-11 in that series.

Fucking idiot.

hey idiot. I mentioned miggy slow start..YOU said its only APRIL.
talking out both sides of your mouth?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sharks...playing softer western team..
as for boston. ever seen a dirty as a team as this?

it will be so sweet when we LUCK OUT and knock them out..even with out zeterberg.
jimmy the wall howard will tighten it up. and when we get home ice....ass whipping time!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dozier is scoreing a lot of runs. for now..

how about that kid in KC? Salvador perez.the catcher. he is doing nothing at the plate last couple games.auto draft screwed me with that pick!!!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in fact iam the only who has mentioned miggys slow start.
in fact...seems like every one is giving him a free pass on it.

sure he will light it up against central teams..but he needs to get it going...now

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if this year marks the beginning of his decline phase. That's not to say his numbers are gonna end up anywhere remotely close to what they are currently are. Maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of .320/.400/.570 (which is still great).

Hope I'm wrong and he keeps hitting for a long time. One of the best hitters of my lifetime for sure and a very fun player to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame ausmus. he is to young to fill out the line up card