• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't tell Dougie that, now we will get more posts on the subject.

Yes, Dougie, Austin Jackkkkson should have at least been nominated and probably should have won. The voters are biased against Tigers players like everyone other than Tiger fans. Damn voters..

I think doug's point is that there is/was a conspiracy against all the Tigers by GG voters. Afterall...I think we all saw that time that Cabrera made a play taking TWO steps to his left. And Peralta.....he cleanly played all 16 grounders hit directly at him! And how could the voters miss all 4 base stealers thrown out by Avila? I think doug is right in smelling a conspiracy.
:L

PS...doug, it might be the voters bypassed the Tigers due to the fact that they no longer have defensive wizards like Ryan Raburn and Brennan Boesch.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah bums t.o. Is clearly the worst, i just didnt mention him since the op was about johnson and johnson.

Ugh carter was awesome but yeah what a boob.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson can get to balls that tubby trout only thinks of getting to.
Jackson should be considered..all iam saying

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG is really determed by who ESPN and FOX sports want. how good you give interviews. how popular... your batting average...etc etc etc.

I don't put to much stock in that award.
I will take Jackson over any body in the field..at the plate is another matter.
now sports radio is taking of trading Austin Jackson.
he does have trade value... for a decent lead off hitter. with SPEED?
is there any body out there? that isn't over 28 years old???

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even taking Jacoby from the red sox. he is a FA. plus he has speed.

I remember just 2 years ago he couldn't hit even to Jackson level. he just got good last year and a half. plus he was hurt...iam thinking it was a knee or a shoulder.
I would pass on jacoby ellisbury

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember just 2 years ago he couldn't hit even to Jackson level. he just got good last year and a half. plus he was hurt...iam thinking it was a knee or a shoulder.

doug - a polite request. Before you start spewing your opinions, could you do a LITTLE checking? Ellsbury didn't "just get good".....check any source, and you will see that you goofed. Try harder....Thanks.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals (5th) RHP Kyle Zimmer (2 CAR) • RHP Yordano Ventura (10 PCL) • SS Raul Adalberto Mondesi (4 SAL) • RHP Jason Adam (8 TL) • RHP Miguel Almonte (6 SAL)
Kansas City placed four starting pitchers in league top 10 rankings and also has interesting position players who just missed this top five in 3B Hunter Dozier (1 PIO) and OF Jorge Bonifacio (11 CAR).

Twins (6th) OF Byron Buxton (1 FSL) • RHP Alex Meyer (5 EL) • 3B Miguel Sano (2 EL) • OF Oswaldo Arcia (12 IL) • 2B Eddie Rosario (12 FSL)
Minnesota’s system mirrors the Cubs in that all the strength is tied up in position-player talent, though the Twins did have some big arms such as Meyer and far-away talents like RHP Jose Berrios (13 MWL) and LHP Lewis Thorpe (7 GCL).

Indians (23rd) RHP Danny Salazar (6 IL) • SS Francisco Lindor (1 CAR) • RHP Trevor Bauer (16 IL) • OF Clint Frazier (1 AZL) • 2B/SS Jose Ramirez (17 EL)
As is the case with many of the bottom-third organizations in this ranking, the cream of the crop is impressive, but the depth is lacking. For Cleveland, C Francisco Mejia (7 AZL) and RHP Cody Anderson (20 CAR) also ranked on league lists.

White Sox (24th) RHP Erik Johnson (11 IL) • OF Avisail Garcia (7 IL) • SS/2B Marcus Semien (14 SL) • 2B/SS Carlos Sanchez (18 IL) • OF Courtney Hawkins (15 CAR)

Johnson, Garcia and Semien all received late-summer callups and will be key pieces of Chicago’s rebuild beginning in 2014. Sanchez and Hawkins didn’t hit at all in 2013, which tells you a lot about system depth.

Tigers (29th) OF Nick Castellanos (5 IL) • 2B Devon Travis (17 FSL) • SS Javier Betancourt (18 GCL) • RHP Zac Reininger (17 NYP) • no fifth representative. Detroit traded Avisail Garcia to the White Sox in the three-team deal that netted them Jose Iglesias, and no team has mortgaged its future to win now quite like the Tigers."

Time to look at the newcomers.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean 2 years ago when he was the MVP runner up?

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious if that royals prospect is former ROY raul mondesi's son?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I as a tigers fan would pass on ellsbury is because of the money, otherwise if I had the choice of who the tigers shouldve spent money on between ellsbury and prince, jacoby all day.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lot of royals fans are curious...so I heard

Ellsbury is over rated..just saying..

mr hockey.. nothing like a west coast trip to get the wings going again. time to get those points by the buckey out there

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 straight ALCS.. time for DD to make some changes that matter.
speed and a good bull pen.

sure teams like the royals and Indians look at our 3 straight ALCS and think the tigers will be happy with that.

not true. we wont stop till we get that ring. its called HEART.
I cansee the royals slipping back . Indians will be better...how can they not?? with no Perez to blow it up.
The white sox had the worse year since the 70s. they have to get better..don't they???

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 straight ALCS.. time for DD to make some changes that matter.
speed and a good bull pen.

sure teams like the royals and Indians look at our 3 straight ALCS and think the tigers will be happy with that.

not true. we wont stop till we get that ring. its called HEART.
I cansee the royals slipping back . Indians will be better...how can they not?? with no Perez to blow it up.
The white sox had the worse year since the 70s. they have to get better..don't they???

wow, for 30 years after every season, repeat

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougy, looks like the boys in Ann Arbor lack the heart!!

Even the gophers have won 3 straight!! Wow.

Cleaves probably doing cartwheels right now.