• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont even mention the cheap boarding no call against the blackhawks on the mule...
Yet you did. Odd. Moving on...just like the 'Hawks

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things in this world you can count on.

1. Death
2. Dougie making excuses

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just telling it like it is.. nosfer..you cant handle the truth!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy Jack! It's you who can't handle the truth dougie, the Tigers were beaten by the better team in the series last year and they won't win again this year and the Wings did have a pretty good run but they too got beat by the better team. It's ok though at least your clubs have a chance, mine not so much, although I think the Vikes could be pretty good this year.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the vikings will finish last in the north. Im hoping the bears do tho. Vikings ever get a QB, they could be dangerous....but AP's clock is ticking, just like most NFL RB's.

Man tigers and injuns slumping. Was out of town back to michigan this weekend so i missed most of the games....was my wifes bday and our 5 yr anniversary....and all i wanted was some tiger wins!

And oh yeah.........,VALVERDE IS A BUM!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the vikings will finish last in the north. Im hoping the bears do tho. Vikings ever get a QB, they could be dangerous....but AP's clock is ticking, just like most NFL RB's.

Man tigers and injuns slumping. Was out of town back to michigan this weekend so i missed most of the games....was my wifes bday and our 5 yr anniversary....and all i wanted was some tiger wins!

And oh yeah.........,VALVERDE IS A BUM!

Vikes have a tough schedule this year but they are definitely not the favorites to finish last based on talent. We got in last year and have only gotten better. Sure, we lost Percy but our stretch run last year he didn't play anyways. Added Jennings and had a great draft to add to key spots.

After last season, it is absolutely incorrect to at this point say AP's clock is ticking. The guy simply isn't "like most NFL RB's". Logic says he went way to far when saying he had his sights on 2,500 yards. But if there is any player who can make outrageous predicitions......it's that man.

Spartan1Nation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes have a tough schedule this year but they are definitely not the favorites to finish last based on talent. We got in last year and have only gotten better. Sure, we lost Percy but our stretch run last year he didn't play anyways. Added Jennings and had a great draft to add to key spots.

After last season, it is absolutely incorrect to at this point say AP's clock is ticking. The guy simply isn't "like most NFL RB's". Logic says he went way to far when saying he had his sights on 2,500 yards. But if there is any player who can make outrageous predicitions......it's that man.

All of our clocks are ticking :laugh3:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the vikings will finish last in the north.

Based on what? The fact they made the playoffs last year and finished 10 - 6? They also had one of the best 1st rounds a team has ever had at least in terms of potential in draft history.

I seen mock drafts all year that had Floyd, Rhodes & Patterson all going in the top 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez you guys are touchy......its my OPINION the vikings will finish last....who cares they went 10-6 last year.....the lions went 10-6 two years ago and only won 4 games last year. Im not sold on ponder at all. I believe the packers will win division, chicago 2nd, and i believe the lions will go around 8-8. Just think minny falls back down to earth next year.

As i said, i hope the bears finish last, cuz i hate them. Hell the vikings are the team i would want to win the division if the lions didnt. I dont hate the vikes the way i do chicago and GB.

as far as AP......hes great, but i still believe his clock is ticking....RB is the shortest career in football...your career in football could come to an end on any play....and playing RB your chances are even greater....just look at all the great RB's of the past who had shorter careers than we thought they would....its part of the game...RB's can be plugged into a system with a good line..theres always some young fresh legged rookie coming out of college to take your job.

Now dont get all whiny about it.....this is just my opinion......AP maybe has 3 more good years, if he avoids injury.....

I also agree the vikes had a great draft....but ive learned to wait and see draft picks play before i anoint them good or great.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also there had to be a reason floyd dropped so far too. I never seen many mocks that had patterson and rhodes going into the top 10.

My mock draft was better than all the ones i seen online....i actually won the draft game on this site thanks to dennard robinson, who happened to be the tie breaker and i nailed the dennard pick right down to the exact pick. But i learned these so called draft experts dont know jack shit. I think i saw peter king from SI.....he didnt get ONE first round pick right.

Spartan1Nation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.SportsHoopla.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=252626

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article spartan. Did u post it on the tigers board for iffy? He loves jimmy. Alot of people were angry over smyly being used in mop up duty, so sunday we got coked because of it.

Spartan1Nation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article spartan. Did u post it on the tigers board for iffy? He loves jimmy. Alot of people were angry over smyly being used in mop up duty, so sunday we got coked because of it.

Iffy will love it... They have gave away at least 8 wins... Guess someone has to be blamed

I don't care who they blame... I just want it fixed... Been reading rumors about the Tigers being interested in Papelbon... Could be a pipe dream

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really spartan? About papelbon? That was one of my predictions at the start of the year......that the phillies would be out of it and trade papelbon to us at the deadline. And of course grandpa iffy told me some crap about papelbons no trade clause and detroit.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are Monday morning QBs, cleaves. Of course there are Tiger fans who want to blame Leyland for not bringing in Dotel to relieve....even though he has been on the DL for 3 weeks. Or the fan (guess who) who wants to recall a AAA player that hasn't been with the club since April 1. I pay a LOT of attention to the ramblings of those fans. lol
They also seem to be the same ones who come to sites bragging about some fantasy team or mock draft they are 'aces' in.

I think they are also the same people who claim I am not a fan of the Tigers because I also follow the AZ D'Backs. Seems like I "follow" the movements and stats of TWO teams, better than a couple of bozos follow one.

:lol:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't being touchy at all. I just simply stated that even with our tougher schedule we are clearly not the odds on favorite to lose the division. Could we? Sure. I guess the Packers even could if Rodgers and a few others break there legs.

Back on AP though. Again, he isn't like the normal running back. This guy is the LeBron of football in terms of his body. He's just some freak creation. He will play hurt. He will come back from injuries that usually derail a normal career. There will never, ever come a time where some other running back is "plugged in to take his job". He will go out on his terms. And if he's shown us anything.........his terms will be far later than most.

Spartan1Nation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't being touchy at all. I just simply stated that even with our tougher schedule we are clearly not the odds on favorite to lose the division. Could we? Sure. I guess the Packers even could if Rodgers and a few others break there legs.

Back on AP though. Again, he isn't like the normal running back. This guy is the LeBron of football in terms of his body. He's just some freak creation. He will play hurt. He will come back from injuries that usually derail a normal career. There will never, ever come a time where some other running back is "plugged in to take his job". He will go out on his terms. And if he's shown us anything.........his terms will be far later than most.

He is a beast that is for sure.. I hope he does stay healthy so we can see how many yards he ends up with but..... Its the NFL and it is a violent sport... RB's do tend to wear down as their career goes along but some RB's do play longer than the average

The Vikes will always be in the mix as long as AP stays healthy and their defense plays good but i doubt they win the division... The Green Bay fudge Packers still own it for a couple more years

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez you guys are touchy......

It's not about being touchy, it's about using facts to back up opinion, comparing the Lions to the Vikings Is not a good comparison at all, the Lions have a great WR and a QB who is WAY overrated and not much else, it's easy to see why they could go from 10 - 6 to 4 - 12, the Vikings are built around a solid running game and a much improving defense, teams built like the Vikings don't usually have such a swing back the other way, obviously if AD gets hurt we are pretty much hosed but you can never assume injury.

Ponder doesn't have to be great for the Vikes to win, just manage the game and try to avoid turnovers, let the skill players make plays and the Vikes will be alright.

I seen alot of mocks that had Floyd going 3 to Oakland, Patterson going 8 to Buffalo and Rhodes going 9 to the Jets. But I agree those experts don't really have a clue, just my point was I thought that was 3 great players we got in the 1st round.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleaves doesn't believe in facts. He adheres to the ''eyeballing'' system of judging players and teams. Facts only get in his way. However, I suggest you not tell him that or he will worry about your ever thought and utterance. I know.