• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question....do you think Pirate fans will be disappointed or crushed if all they get is a division title or (yuck) a NL Pennant?

NO.. actually.. i am sure they will be unbelievably happy

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, another 5 pages. Can't even respond to Vice now. Ill go off memory.

First off, wrong again. Ill just get that out of the way. Guys do not need to be on second for Mauer. He has 33 doubles.

Everything you say about our pitching and spending and ability to get guys to come is purely opinion. Detroit is a shit hole. No one has a problem coming to Minny if we offer the money and the opportunity. Thats why we have so many Packers in recent years. The opportunity.

If the Twins actually dropped the bank the players would come. So many players out there just want the money they don't give a damn where they play. Greinke just last year said he was goign to whereever the money was. Of all the guys on the trade market this past deadline...not one had a the Twins in their no trade clause(unless it was a full no trade obviously).

Lastly, you are horribly inconsistent. When the Twins were winning division titles you kept spouting off about how those are meaningless if you lose in October. Now Bums says what have the tigers won and you use division titles. Pick a side and stick to it.

O and the Twins have drafted two top flight pitchers the last two years. So idk where you get the notion they are not drafting pitching lol.

Anyways, Twins lose to the sox. Yuck.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree with what Nos said.

Making it to the World Series would be a hell of a ride. But once the loss came that is all that I would think about.

By the time the next year rolled around I would be pissed we are starting from scratch being so close.

The Vikings had an amazing season pounding teams, winning some thrillers, went out and dominated the Saints on everything but the scoreboard in a game where pretty much everyone knew was for the superbowl...and we lost. Hell of a season, hell of a game. Still pissed.

1998 1 bad kick.

2006 a liriano injury and an ill advised torii hunter dive.

There is never reason to be satisfied when that thrill can be ended at any moment with 1 wrong thing.

All you remember are the titles.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree with what Nos said.

Making it to the World Series would be a hell of a ride. But once the loss came that is all that I would think about.

By the time the next year rolled around I would be pissed we are starting from scratch being so close.

The Vikings had an amazing season pounding teams, winning some thrillers, went out and dominated the Saints on everything but the scoreboard in a game where pretty much everyone knew was for the superbowl...and we lost. Hell of a season, hell of a game. Still pissed.

1998 1 bad kick.

2006 a liriano injury and an ill advised torii hunter dive.

There is never reason to be satisfied when that thrill can be ended at any moment with 1 wrong thing.

All you remember are the titles.
:agree: Exactly, no one remembers 2nd place almost every time. The only team they remember is the champion.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as hell wouldn't be. I am not happy when KU loses in the NC. Why would I be happy about being first loser? Do you understand that there is only one goal for a team: Win Championships or gtfo.

You guys are cracking me up... Not one of you guys would be mad if your team made the WS.. did I want to win last yr.. of course. but pissing on a season where they won the division and al pennant and treating it like they are on par with a losing team like the royals is a joke.. seriouly. i expect nothing less of an arguement from nosfer.. he just likes to take opposite sides of an argument.. its funny thought from a royals fan that has seen no winning in almost 3 decades..

Bringing up other sports wins to make you seem like less of a fan of a loser is funny.. Seriously... I have seen my pistons win 3 titles since the royals won 1... my red wings win 4.. my wolverines have won a basketball title and a football title among countless in other lower tier sports... clap for your jayhawks... lol.. you got what 2 out of them since 85?

I could respect a fan base like the royals if they would just shut up and not act like they are on par with a team that has been better than they have been for a long time now... How you guys can come in here and act like the Tigers have not been hands above the Royals since at least 2005 is beyond me. i mean seriously.. you have been bad for 27 years... the tigers were bad from about 94-05.. and the royals were better than they were from about 94-03... since then you had one season where you had a better record.. and it was one game better.. in 08... 1 season in 10 years...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Exactly, no one remembers 2nd place almost every time. The only team they remember is the champion.

That is the stupidest comment ever.. I can remember every team that lost in the nba finals in the last probably 25 yrs.. I can probably do the same with mlb.. and nfl.. you just mentioned the rays.. you remembered they lost... trust me.. i bet you remember who the royals beat.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitterness from fan bases not with legit shots to win a title.. I take it as nothing more than that.. i am out...

I need a drink after reading all your ignorance.. Doug.. take it from here please.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you were saying the same things before 2011

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all star Royals pitchers developed by KC.....Kevin Appier and Cy Young winner Zach Grienke....the tigers???? cy young winner Verlander and new all start Max ???? oh wait he came up with Ari....Annibel Sanchez.???? oh wait he came up with FLA....not sure who the Tigers 2nd developed all star pitcher is but feel more than free to throw them out...should be a fun challenge.....next up position players...current Tigers home grown all stars on team....ummmmmmm Dirks????...ok I am at a loss again...Butler and Perez are all starts.....Avila might have been home grown and made an all star team, will never again, but might have got one in his fluke year....sure, lets go down the "home grown" path or "scouting" will agree it was a tough to pick Verlander...nobody thought he would make the pros....hold it...didn't they get him what because of the 119 loss season or was it after that?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all star Royals pitchers developed by KC.....Kevin Appier and Cy Young winner Zach Grienke....the tigers???? cy young winner Verlander and new all start Max ???? oh wait he came up with Ari....Annibel Sanchez.???? oh wait he came up with FLA....not sure who the Tigers 2nd developed all star pitcher is but feel more than free to throw them out...should be a fun challenge.....next up position players...current Tigers home grown all stars on team....ummmmmmm Dirks????...ok I am at a loss again...Butler and Perez are all starts.....Avila might have been home grown and made an all star team, will never again, but might have got one in his fluke year....sure, lets go down the "home grown" path or "scouting" will agree it was a tough to pick Verlander...nobody thought he would make the pros....hold it...didn't they get him what because of the 119 loss season or was it after that?

It isn't even worth responding to what looks like something he has done over and over.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you always remember the teams YOUR team beats...lol, who doesn't...I could care less who other teams beat for the championship...unbeivable...guess you learned nothing...you will get called out if you don't use correct information....lol

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you always remember the teams YOUR team beats...lol, who doesn't...I could care less who other teams beat for the championship...unbeivable...guess you learned nothing...you will get called out if you don't use correct information....lol

I think he took that at face value. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot, home grown...Tim Collins and home grown Greg Holland...both all stars....but just like a tigers fan...don't really care or count RP's, lol

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1984? 1 det 1 kc.. hahhahahaha you don't even know the year your team won they won in 85.

Well aware of that... I picked 84 on purpose you dumbass. It was kind of the year the Tigers won the WS... Keep being desperate.

More specifically, I was using the timeframe right after the world series which is where the : Royals 1 Tigers: zip came from.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot, home grown...Tim Collins and home grown Greg Holland...both all stars....but just like a tigers fan...don't really care or count RP's, lol

I said starters... and I also said the reason why the royals won't win is they can't go the route of the tigers and buy players... i was not comparing home grown talent.. tigers have done well with their farm though... if you have noticed.. det's farm has provided nicely for us... netting us fister, veras, sanchez, infante, max, ajax, miggy, and iglesias. Tigers have been winning pretty much every year since 06.. has anyone else in the central got that going for them?

Oh.. da55.. this site has this cool feature called an ignore buttom.. you have been added to mine... enjoy posting here.. i can't see anything more you post after this. Bye Bye

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said starters... and I also said the reason why the royals won't win is they can't go the route of the tigers and buy players... i was not comparing home grown talent.. tigers have done well with their farm though... if you have noticed.. det's farm has provided nicely for us... netting us fister, veras, sanchez, infante, max, ajax, miggy, and iglesias. Tigers have been winning pretty much every year since 06.. has anyone else in the central got that going for them?

Oh.. da55.. this site has this cool feature called an ignore buttom.. you have been added to mine... enjoy posting here.. i can't see anything more you post after this. Bye Bye

Read the previous posts...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have been winning pretty much every year since 06.. has anyone else in the central got that going for them?

AL Central Division Titles since 2006

Minnesota 3
Detroit 2
Cleveland 1
Chicago 1

No Championships... Yeah I guess other teams got that not winning the Championship going on since '06...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right Vice...I guess I read your post wrong about home grown talent and scouting, lol...guess you actually meant....home grown talent to trade....and scouting other teams minor leagues....I read that COMPLETELY wrong, lol

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am done debating with you about who is less of a loser over the last 27 years.. if you think the royals have been the better team or even on par.. that is your deal.. could care less.. Tigers have won division titles..al pennants... had mvps... and cy youngs.. and may have them again this year.. but i don't care.. I want a title... and the tigers are in line to make a run... i am done talking about failures with sub par teams that most likely will not even make the playoffs.