• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and...something you will never hear from Vice...admitting a mistake...lol

Nope, he would have just changed the topic...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure.. lets talk about the years since 84... who has more winning seasons? playoff appearances.. division titles.. and al pennants? royals or tigers?

Royals: 1
Tiggers: zip

So much for winning if you can't have any lasting accomplishment as a team... Aka titles.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Brett spoiled us...he was World Series win or nothing...thats the attitude around here...but you keep thinking otherwise...should get you a few more 2nd, 3rd, 4th, maybe 5ths or 6ths now.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the same about winning the conference in basketball, the Jayhawks main goal is to win titles in theory, not conferences. I merely translate that logic to the royals, try again

this seriously only comes out of fans of losers... yankee fans want to win everything.. you don't here them saying.. screw the division.. let the red sox have it...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Brett spoiled us...he was World Series win or nothing...thats the attitude around here...but you keep thinking otherwise...should get you a few more 2nd, 3rd, 4th, maybe 5ths or 6ths now.

George Brett also played before free agent contracts were doled out and the yankees and other big spending teams took away any chance of the royals competing for a title.. have the royals won anything since the days of teams opening up the wallet?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Brett also played before free agent contracts were doled out and the yankees and other big spending teams took away any chance of the royals competing for a title.. have the royals won anything since the days of teams opening up the wallet?

Nope, nothing,but neither have the tigers.

If Tampa can make the ws... Royals can too.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing makes me happier than to see a fan of a team that has won nothing at all.. not an al pennant.. a playoff series.. a playoff game.. a division title.. nothing.. talk about how meaninless winning one of these is. As a fan of the Lions all my life.. I get it.. I get you want to feel better about your team.. but seriously.. ask the twins fan here if he was happy with division titles.. ask him if he enjoyed making the playoffs.. even when it meant losing in the first round.. it doesn't matter.. unless your team is a hopeless loser people would rather have a chance than lose all the time. say what you want.. its nothing more than rationalizing your teams failure to compete for the last 27 yrs.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't play games, you know exactly which point in 84 i am using.

which point is that.. the 84 season the tigers won.. there were no more games in 84... therefore since 84.. they have won 1 title... if you want to say it right.. say since 1985... you don't even know how to talk about winning right.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankee fans want to win everything.. you don't here them saying.. screw the division.. let the red sox have it...

Not true, Yankees fans want Titles, nothing else matters, if they win as the wildcard or the division winner it doesnt matter, winners wanna win, losers think 2nd is great...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing makes me happier than to see a fan of a team that has won nothing at all.. not an al pennant.. a playoff series.. a playoff game.. a division title.. nothing.. talk about how meaninless winning one of these is. As a fan of the Lions all my life.. I get it.. I get you want to feel better about your team.. but seriously.. ask the twins fan here if he was happy with division titles.. ask him if he enjoyed making the playoffs.. even when it meant losing in the first round.. it doesn't matter.. unless your team is a hopeless loser people would rather have a chance than lose all the time. say what you want.. its nothing more than rationalizing your teams failure to compete for the last 27 yrs.

I have always focused on the present. You are a dense individual. I have seen plenty of competitive teams in NCAAB and the occasional playoff appearance from the chiefs. Just stop, you are just too funny. I am a poster called There is a moose at 3rd ... Not " all royals fans "

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, nothing,but neither have the tigers.

If Tampa can make the ws... Royals can too.

Not true.. in the last 27 yrs.. the royals have produced one all star starting pitcher out of their farm.. the royals produce one every year... that is why they win.. they develop pitching talent... the royals have the worst scouting in all of pro sports.. how you draft high for decades and can't find one consistent all star is just sad.. its not even a joke.. its sad... i mean.. really.. if you can't spend like the tigers have.. you have to draft and scout well.. which no royals fan can even claim they are a top team at.. now the rays.. they can claim that.. the a's.. yup... i will even say the mariners.. royals.. are the worst scouting and development team in pro sports bar none.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true, Yankees fans want Titles, nothing else matters, if they win as the wildcard or the division winner it doesnt matter, winners wanna win, losers think 2nd is great...

I am not happy just winning the al pennant.. but i am not going to sit here and agree with you that its meaningless.. you guys know you would be happier than crap if your teams won the al pennant.. don't act like you wouldn't.. its a blatant lie.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question....do you think Pirate fans will be disappointed or crushed if all they get is a division title or (yuck) a NL Pennant?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys know you would be happier than crap if your teams won the al pennant.. don't act like you wouldn't.. its a blatant lie.
It's not a lie for me, sure the ride would be fun but unless my club won the Championship i'm dissapointed. Nobody cares about 2nd place in professional sports...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not happy just winning the al pennant.. but i am not going to sit here and agree with you that its meaningless.. you guys know you would be happier than crap if your teams won the al pennant.. don't act like you wouldn't.. its a blatant lie.

I sure as hell wouldn't be. I am not happy when KU loses in the NC. Why would I be happy about being first loser? Do you understand that there is only one goal for a team: Win Championships or gtfo.