• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Akers...

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think they will sign Cundiff or another kicker before the Super Bowl?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No the problem is Akers makes his FGs in practice so he would win any competition against any other kicker because it's better to go with the devil you know then the one you don't

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Matt Maiocco:

In case you're wondering, 49ers can't recall K Billy Cundiff for Super Bowl after waiving him on Friday. David Akers is their main.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocco:

In case you're wondering, 49ers can't recall K Billy Cundiff for Super Bowl after waiving him on Friday. David Akers is their main.

what are the superbowl signing rules? we can't sign anyone or just someone we recently cut? I want us to bring someone in, akers confidence is gone completly. Even in his interview after the game he didn't speak about himself as part of the team. Instead of "happy for us" He was happy for "those guys" to be in the superbowl. We NEED to do something. After fearing cundiff, Akers body language makes me terrified.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akers seams broken, I agree, but there is nothing we can do about it now. We just need to put enough points on the board so the FG kicking is not a factor. Then, in the off-season, we have to address the position.

In the meantime...

WE ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akers seams broken, I agree, but there is nothing we can do about it now. We just need to put enough points on the board so the FG kicking is not a factor. Then, in the off-season, we have to address the position.

In the meantime...

Dude, you gotta bring back your old avi.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you gotta bring back your old avi.

LOL

I changed it by request for some of the Giants board regs who prefer not to see that kind of perfection when they browse the Hoop from work.

I did/do like that view, though :)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocco:

I had a feeling there would be a rule against re-signing someone you just waived. I think you have to stick with Akers now. If Cundiff was the best guy they could sign before, there probably isn't anyone worth signing at this point. Akers is still getting the XP's and getting touchbacks. You don't want to sign a guy who can't get touchbacks and then Jacoby Jones ends up returning a kick for a touchdown. Jacoby Jones is the best kick returner in football.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's remarkable that anyone would want to sign Cundiff, let alone for the Super Bowl. As bad as Akers is, Cundiff is worse.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's remarkable that anyone would want to sign Cundiff, let alone for the Super Bowl. As bad as Akers is, Cundiff is worse.

I'm not sure that's the case anymore and I'd hate to have Cundiff. Akers is terrified to do his job. you could see it in his face, and body language, other teams see it as well which is why samuel was trash talking akers before his kick. His mental toughness is completely shattered. Akers missed more kicks than anyone this year, and he is missing them bad.

I think at this point, with the place akers in in mentally a Cundiff playing with something to prove might have been better than akers playing with shattered confidence.

I'll take anyone over akers right now. there has to be someone on the streets who can make a basic kick, he doesn't have to be a 50 yard kicker with an amazing leg, he has to make the routine kicks if it comes up. There has to be one person out there in the world who is capable of hitting a 38 yard kick with out looking like the world is closing in around him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

No. Wasn't Akers injured for a while?

I'm not too upset that he actually hit the upright. It's not like he missed 15 feet to the left.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Longwell kicked in a doom for years, bring him on board, Im done with Akers

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Wasn't Akers injured for a while?

I'm not too upset that he actually hit the upright. It's not like he missed 15 feet to the left.

some of his other kicks where though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
some of his other kicks where though.

True. He's been terrible since he got hurt. But you don't want to mess with the kicking game this late in the postseason. Just go for it on 4th down if it's gonna be a long FG attempt.

I'm confident that the Niners will beat the Ravens handily enough that the kicking game won't matter. :)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are the superbowl signing rules? we can't sign anyone or just someone we recently cut? I want us to bring someone in, akers confidence is gone completly. Even in his interview after the game he didn't speak about himself as part of the team. Instead of "happy for us" He was happy for "those guys" to be in the superbowl. We NEED to do something. After fearing cundiff, Akers body language makes me terrified.

Even Alex Smith and AJ Jenkins, who had no expectation to go into the NFCC game or SB, would always say "we" - but then again, his confidence isn't shattered. He's with the team and no matter how much better Kaep is, I'd have to think he's still confident in himself. Can't say that about Akers. I wonder about Jenkins, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. He's been terrible since he got hurt. But you don't want to mess with the kicking game this late in the postseason. Just go for it on 4th down if it's gonna be a long FG attempt.

I'm confident that the Niners will beat the Ravens handily enough that the kicking game won't matter. :)

I'm actually more confident in him hitting the long ones. He seems to be better at those, just not the 30-40 yard ones. Maybe he needs to pretend it's a longer one than it is to make it. It seems to move out right at the end. If he kicked further that movement wouldn't be there. However, this might be impossible because longer ones would have a lower start to the projectile and be blocked. I'm willing for him to try anything psychologically that could help.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocco:

I blame Jenkins for this, because if Jenkins were playing and showing enough in practice, maybe we would have said we don't want to activate Hall, so let's keep Cundiff. Not saying I want Cundiff, I would just like to have the choice. I'm not totally serious about the Jenkins remark, just saying I wish we could keep both or have a rule that would allow us to sign someone else if we wanted. Not that we'd need to, per se.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the meantime...

I agree, but if he does get the final kick and makes it, that would be sweet for us and him. Just like if Gore gets the winning TD or Willis gets an INT to seal the game. Sure, other guys could do it, but that would be best coming from him. I also think that Smith getting the winning TD would be sweet as hell, but that can't happen without something happening to Kaep - and we'd have to be trailing - of which, we want neither. I want to get ahead and stay ahead. If I want to see a close win, I'll rewatch the Falcons game or Saints game from last year. Get ahead and stay ahead! Having said that, I'd celebrate a win however we get it. Chad Hall could score the winning TD for all I really care.