• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Akers...

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It scares the hell out of me thinking about the game coming down to a FG.

We need to score and score often! I hope if we do get a good lead then the game plan is to keep at it and put our foots on there throat!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Does anybody know if Lee can kick FG's?

Andy Lee can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

He has many leather-bound books, and his apartment smells of rich mahogany. He's kind of a big deal.

Lee could not only kick a FG, he could do a fake FG and run right over Ray Lewis on his way to the end zone and do the Ray Lewis dance better than the original.

MVP! :)

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dark cloud of Akers is still looming. The silver lining is we appear to have a better TD to FG ratio with Kap as QB. My hope is we only need him for kickoffs and 6 PATS in a couple of weeks. If it comes down to a FG kicking contest, someone better kneecap Tucker.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dark cloud of Akers is still looming. The silver lining is we appear to have a better TD to FG ratio with Kap as QB. My hope is we only need him for kickoffs and 6 PATS in a couple of weeks. If it comes down to a FG kicking contest, someone better kneecap Tucker.

Niners should go for it on 4th and short in most situations. It will lead to more TD's and make up for Akers' terrible FG kicking.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. He's been terrible since he got hurt. But you don't want to mess with the kicking game this late in the postseason. Just go for it on 4th down if it's gonna be a long FG attempt.

I'm confident that the Niners will beat the Ravens handily enough that the kicking game won't matter. :)

I don't know much about kickers, but what all really gets changed up and effected by a kicker change? blockers are going to block the same, i'd imagine the guy holding the kicks will hold it the same unless the kicker kicks with different leg.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think they will sign Cundiff or another kicker before the Super Bowl?

It would be a shame for him to play the entire season and then get cut before the Super Bowl but I don't see any other option.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but if he does get the final kick and makes it, that would be sweet for us and him. Just like if Gore gets the winning TD or Willis gets an INT to seal the game. Sure, other guys could do it, but that would be best coming from him. I also think that Smith getting the winning TD would be sweet as hell, but that can't happen without something happening to Kaep - and we'd have to be trailing - of which, we want neither. I want to get ahead and stay ahead. If I want to see a close win, I'll rewatch the Falcons game or Saints game from last year. Get ahead and stay ahead! Having said that, I'd celebrate a win however we get it. Chad Hall could score the winning TD for all I really care.

Sure. If he kicks a game-winning FG, he will be a hero. Zito is currently a hero for the Giants.

however, going in, I do not feel confident in needing him to kick a game-winner with the Super Bowl on the line.

That said, I think the Niners have enough strengths elsewhere that I am quite confident going in. I just have concerns with the FG kicking and the WR depth.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is not going to be close so we should be OK with Akers. Niners will win by a minimum of 10. If they can figure out how to rush the passer again this game could get ugly. That Raven defense is old and slow.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is not going to be close so we should be OK with Akers. Niners will win by a minimum of 10. If they can figure out how to rush the passer again this game could get ugly. That Raven defense is old and slow.

I HOPE you are right, but the Super Bowl is a special kind of beast. I want to try to avoid being too over-confident going in. We are in a good position when our primary concerns involve a failed soccer player and bench players.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh says Akers is the guy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That Raven defense is old and slow.

So is Boldin. As great a game as he had, and as great as he still is going over the middle, I don't think any of the Niners' CBs will have trouble keeping up with him.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Lee can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

He has many leather-bound books, and his apartment smells of rich mahogany. He's kind of a big deal.

Lee could not only kick a FG, he could do a fake FG and run right over Ray Lewis on his way to the end zone and do the Ray Lewis dance better than the original.

MVP! :)

Why don't we just do that then?

:flock:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HOPE you are right, but the Super Bowl is a special kind of beast. I want to try to avoid being too over-confident going in. We are in a good position when our primary concerns involve a failed soccer player and bench players.

Fair enough but I just don't see this team losing this game. The Ravens are a good story but its gone on long enough. As long as it is us that are over confident and not the 49ers, they'll be fine.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shut up! SHut up! SHUt up! SHUT up! SHUT Up! SHUT UP!

You simply can't be here predicting us to win. You simply can't. You're killing me, Toby! Mistakes like these are inexcusable. Now, take it back and say we're going to lose. You're abstinence from guessing either way before the Falcons game, with hints of a winning prediction, almost cost us a victory. I expect a full-out loss prediction for us to win comfortably.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we just do that then?

:flock:

That would be cheating. I mean, starting a QB who can run AND pass is borderline already. I felt like I was morally correct when we started Alex Smith. It wasn't close to cheating.