• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Green is nothing special

NCGhosthunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
top 10 rookie WR season in NFL history:

10. Percy Harvin 60 receptions, 790 yards, 6 touchdowns
9. Eddie Brown 53 receptions, 942 yards, 8 touchdowns
8. Sammy White 51 receptions, 901 yards, 10 touchdowns
7. Cris Collinsworth, 67 receptions, 1009 yards, 8 touchdowns
6. John Jefferson, 56 receptions, 1001 yards, 13 touchdowns
5. Bob Hayes, 46 receptions, 1003 yards, 12 touchdowns
4. Billy Howton, 53 receptions, 1231 yards, 13 touchdowns
3. Anquan Boldin, 101 receptions, 1377 yards, 8 touchdowns
2. Bill Groman, 72 receptions, 1473 yards, 10 touchdowns
1. Randy Moss, 69 receptions, 1313 yards, 17 touchdowns

My question would be how many of the above, had a rookie NFL quarterback, learning the system, throwing to him? This says quite a bit, I would think...

after 7 games this year:
A J Green, 33 receptions, 516 yards, 5 touchdowns

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My question would be how many of the above, had a rookie NFL quarterback, learning the system, throwing to him? This says quite a bit, I would think...

Meh, you could also argue that it's a great scheme regardless of how long it's been in place and that Dalton isn't playing like a "rookie" QB. I think Green fell into a great place (at least for the short term), so I can't give him any bonus points for the circumstances.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's because you wanted Jones, not Green. How can you not give points for playing with a rookie QB? I don't care how good of a system he's in.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
AJ Green is a special talent....

at the same time I thought his TD celebration was bush leauge. running around and pointing and that back of your jersey in a 50 yd jog? He needs to grow up

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's because you wanted Jones, not Green. How can you not give points for playing with a rookie QB? I don't care how good of a system he's in.

This has nothing to do with who I wanted in the draft.

If Dalton were to throw for 4000 yards, to try to argue he played with a rookie as a commandment to his production would be misleading to say the least. Because while Dalton is a rookie, the more accurate assessment in this case would be Green played with a likely top 10 QB that knew how to get the ball out.

Take for example, many on this board believe Dalton is better than Carson. At the end of the season, looking at it in hindsight, does that mean had Carson been the QB, Green's expectations and actual production should have been higher? If not, then how can being a rookie QB be any more than at best a minor factor of the QB's actual worth as it pertains to that season?

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see where this is going, so I take myself out of this conversation. Green might be the rookie of the year if not for Newton.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was a simple question. If you don't have an answer, I understand. Pretty straight forward logic.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not getting into a pointless argument with you. No matter what the answer I give is, you'll spin it to keep an argument going. Not gonna happen. Good night.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yet you keep returning.

Let's be real here. If you were truly interested in nobly checking out, you never would've responded. Instead, in an effort to save face, you made it personal and took a shot before "leaving".

Of course, you still do always have the option of editing my posts, getting in your last word, and then locking the thread instead of just walking away. You are pretty good at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night all!! Gotta like what we have in Green and Dalton,this program can only get better if they keep this up.:) kramer,oops! almost forgot ya bro..have a good one.lol

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you keep returning.

Let's be real here. If you were truly interested in nobly checking out, you never would've responded. Instead, in an effort to save face, you made it personal and took a shot before "leaving".

Of course, you still do always have the option of editing my posts, getting in your last word, and then locking the thread instead of just walking away. You are pretty good at that.

Wait. When did this happen?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, let's all get our facts straight -

-- Cam Newton will be the rookie of the year. Even though half you bozos thought he would suck.

-- If Cam Newton did suck, Andy Dalton would be the front runner for ROY - People would favor a qb over a WR.

-- AJ Green was worth the pick and was the best receiver in the draft. I'm glad he is a Bengal.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And by the way, let's all get our facts straight -

-- Cam Newton will be the rookie of the year. Even though half you bozos thought he would suck.

-- If Cam Newton did suck, Andy Dalton would be the front runner for ROY - People would favor a qb over a WR.

-- AJ Green was worth the pick and was the best receiver in the draft. I'm glad he is a Bengal.

-- Agreed.

-- Agreed. He's been up and down, but he's been pretty impressive for a rookie. He'll get better at reading defenses and quicker at it, but most times even now, you wouldn't think you were watching a rookie. To continue the point I had started earlier, as lucky as Andy is to have him, he is to have Andy. He could have a number of other rookies potentially throwing to him, then people would realize what a "real" rookie throwing to him would look like.

-- Agreed. That said, I would still like for him to be used across the middle more often. If he wants to be mentioned amongst the best and make the biggest impact he possibly can for this offense, he's going to have to become multi-faceted.

It was last week in a thread. I don't get why people feel the need to make things personal. If you don't want to debate, move on to another thread. No need to sidetrack whatever debate is going on, especially with someone they know will bite back.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be brought up eventually, that Andy Dalton's win/loss record is better than Cam Newton's... after all, it's not supposed to be about yards and stats, right?

but yea, I get what your saying... you just watch the kid (CAM) play and your mouth will drop open in disbelief, you will sit on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next, but he doesn't have the Bengals defense keeping him in games like Andy.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Bengal fan's!
Tiger1.gif