• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahmad's Gotta Go

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jeez. How this thread made it past 3 posts is stunning to me. We must be bored

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All I know is, if I'm drunk and strike a co-worker in the head with a beer bottle I'm going to jail. Even if I feel threatened (like Brooks supposedly did) I'm still going to jail. The only way I'm not going to jail is if there is multiple credible witnesses all with the same story, that states I was attacked first and I used the beer bottle in self defense. And I can guarentee, I wouldn't have a job after all that...

Clearly I'm not Brooks, and only in proffesional sports does something as ridiculous as this gets swept under the rug...

I disagree with that. In a case like this, where the victim reported the incident after the fact and it profiles as a drunken brawl and the victim didn't need medical assistance, it's unlikely they would arrest the guy in Brooks' position. Even if they arrested him, they would probably cite-release him.

Cases like this "get swept under the rug" all the time. They can be very hard to prove, especially when there is a history of mutual drunken conflict between the two and the independent witnesses are saying they won't testify. It doesn't help that Divens allegedly tried to get money out of Brooks.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fangio saying that if he didn't know something happened from the reports; he wouldn't know something happened by how both parties are acting at the facilities and how teammates are treating both players.

I get the feeling that both players have acknowledged their mistakes and they have moved on. I hope the next time Brooks hosts a party someone gives him one of those 2 foot tall inflatable beer bottles as a joke.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jeez. How this thread made it past 3 posts is stunning to me. We must be bored
Would you mind terribly re-posting the rules of what are the interesting and acceptable discussion thread? I don't want to speak for everyone, but I seem to be clueless. I golly sure would appreciate it.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you mind terribly re-posting the rules of what are the interesting and acceptable discussion thread? I don't want to speak for everyone, but I seem to be clueless. I golly sure would appreciate it.

Pretty much the opposite of this thread; for instance there is a training camp thread with all kinds of great information that is very interesting. I do not however think that a thread about your opinions on what should happen to Brooks is interesting.

Thank goodness football is starting again so we'll have something to talk about.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

aarrgghh, I think you're unnecessarily defensive and take everything personally. It smack of youth (which may be accurate; I don't know), but maybe try a couple of chill pills (not literally though).

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the opposite of this thread; for instance there is a training camp thread with all kinds of great information that is very interesting. I do not however think that a thread about your opinions on what should happen to Brooks is interesting.

Thank goodness football is starting again so we'll have something to talk about.
That's cool. I have only one opinion on Brooks. You posted your opinion that my opinion wasn't of interest. Was yours an interesting post? When I read threads that don't interest me, what I do is not post to them, as opposed to posting that the thread bores me, but that's just me. By the way, I won't re-respond to this, so you have the last fascinating word.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, there is a Brooks thread, too, so if one posts in there about their opinions on the issue, it wouldn't stick out so much. But maybe one wants his thread to be read and stick out? Who knows?

Anyway, I have always tried to find a thread on the first page to attach my thoughts or article to or add to an old thread I remembered if similar in subject. Granted, I have been here as long as most so I'll remember more or will do a search for it.

Also, sometimes, it's confusing to Ninersickness that I will post in an old thread and he'll act like it was news. ;)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there is a Brooks thread, too, so if one posts in there about their opinions on the issue, it wouldn't stick out so much. But maybe one wants his thread to be read and stick out? Who knows?

Anyway, I have always tried to find a thread on the first page to attach my thoughts or article to or add to an old thread I remembered if similar in subject. Granted, I have been here as long as most so I'll remember more or will do a search for it.

Also, sometimes, it's confusing to Ninersickness that I will post in an old thread and he'll act like it was news. ;)

[YOUTUBE]-f_DPrSEOEo[/YOUTUBE]

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aarrgghh, I think you're unnecessarily defensive and take everything personally. It smack of youth (which may be accurate; I don't know), but maybe try a couple of chill pills (not literally though).

Sometimes I'm defensive and sensitive about things, but I have learned when it is and when it is not worth making a big deal about something. I'm talking about life, not the message board. If I do, I realize the other may not care so my complaints might fall to deaf ears. So what?

No one here really is telling anyone else what to think, say, do, or how to say it. People just express their opinions in their own way and being all sensitive about it basically is telling someone else how to post (nicely, ignore uninteresting posts, etc.) - the very thing that the sensitive person was upset about.

So, no criticism here because these feelings are natural - maybe not so much on a message board, but in life nonetheless, it's just maybe none of us should really fight it? Just say what you want to say, do what you want to do, and people will agree or disagree or tell you how to post. Just respond on substantive stuff and ignore the irrelevant advice on how to post if you'd like (including this one, ironically), there is no power there.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I should have posted to the existing thread on Brooks instead.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to respond to like with like. Perhaps that is defensive behavior, but unfortunately not very youthful, which just shows that I am incapable of learning. I was on the Yahoo board about 10 years until it folded. This board is quite a bit different so far. I seem not to be able to get hold of exactly what and how I should post that doesn't raise so many hackles, or starting threads on taboo subjects, or worst of all, being boring, but I haven't yet given up.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to respond to like with like. Perhaps that is defensive behavior, but unfortunately not very youthful, which just shows that I am incapable of learning. I was on the Yahoo board about 10 years until it folded. This board is quite a bit different so far. I seem not to be able to get hold of exactly what and how I should post that doesn't raise so many hackles, or starting threads on taboo subjects, or worst of all, being boring, but I haven't yet given up.

Dude it seem like your trying to hard. Square peg don't fit in a round hole. Just go with the flow most of us are cool enough so you don't have to try to think of "interesting" things to say just be you. That's my 2 cents take it how you please.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude it seem like your trying to hard. Square peg don't fit in a round hole. Just go with the flow most of us are cool enough so you don't have to try to think of "interesting" things to say just be you. That's my 2 cents take it how you please.
Trying too hard. You got it. Thanks for helping me to realize I am not going to get there with you guys. It isn't possible. Good luck with the season. Go Niners. Out.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha sensitive much?!?!?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on!!!! This is a message board, not everyone is going to agree with your opinion. These things happen, get over it and move on. Don't quit the board because of it........Or Quit, I guess I don't care anymore.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on!!!! This is a message board, not everyone is going to agree with your opinion. These things happen, get over it and move on. Don't quit the board because of it........Or Quit, I guess I don't care anymore.

At what point did you actually care?!? Haha

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the start of the post I thought that I cared but by the time I reached the end of the post, I realized that I didn't. :lol:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was all over a comment, "worst post of the day"? There was not that many posts in the day so it couldn't have been that bad. ;) I'm only kidding, we all say things others think are dumb, some more than others. I write novels.