• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahmad's Gotta Go

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what the mitigating circumstance, or the heretofore-s, you bash your teammate with a beer bottle in the head and you need to be gone. Immediately if not sooner.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what the mitigating circumstance, or the heretofore-s, you bash your teammate with a beer bottle in the head and you need to be gone. Immediately if not sooner.

He isn't getting cut. I'm actually fine with him not getting suspended. A fine would suffice.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talent vs Tolerance says he is staying and Lamar Divens will be gone long before Brooks if it is that much of an issue.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent vs Tolerance says he is staying and Lamar Divens will be gone long before Brooks if it is that much of an issue.
We'll see. I think this team is trying to play it pretty straight. It may work out and might not. This incident flies in the face of the image the team is trying to create. Not withstanding the fact that as a team, they have to weigh the benefit of having a productive player vs. the fact that he is capable of psychotic episodes in the Aaron Hernandez era - and I'm sorry, but let's think about this for just a moment:

This guy opened up another person's head with a beer bottle, not once, but multiple times.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We'll see. I think this team is trying to play it pretty straight. It may work out and might not. This incident flies in the face of the image the team is trying to create. Not withstanding the fact that as a team, they have to weigh the benefit of having a productive player vs. the fact that he is capable of psychotic episodes in the Aaron Hernandez era - and I'm sorry, but let's think about this for just a moment:

This guy opened up another person's head with a beer bottle, not once, but multiple times.

Good idea. Let's think about this for a moment. What are the details?

Brooks, Divens and a few other teammates were out drinking one night. At the end of the night Brooks hit Divens multiple times in the head with a beer bottle.What were the circumstances around the situation?

Earlier in the offseason Brooks hosted a barbecue where Divens shoved him to the ground causing Brooks to get a 2-3 inch gash in his leg which required stitches.

On this night, Divens feigned throwing Brooks house keys into the grass, Brooks in his statement to police said that as Divens waved his hands around he felt he was going to be struck again. Divens has 50+ pounds on Brooks.

In response, (a drunk) Brooks hit Divens with a beer bottle. At no point did Divens fall or lose consciousness.

You have decided that this situation was serious enough to at least passively compare it to Aaron Hernardez allegedly arranging (possibly doing it himself) the execution style murder of a man who may have been talking to police about a previous murder Hernandez committed.

I trust you also feel Aldon Smith needs to be cut based on the DUI and the fight that broke out at his party where he was stabbed last year.

And did you really mean "It doesn't matter what the mitigating circumstance, or the heretofore-s"? I trust that you didn't, because I assume it would have been acceptable for Brooks to use a bottle to defend himself if Divens were coming at him with a knife or something similar.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micheal Irvin stabbed a teammate in the neck with scissors...and made the HoF..... Maybe Ahmad bashes someone in the skull with a bottle and gets 20 sacks...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Worst post of the day.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All I know is, if I'm drunk and strike a co-worker in the head with a beer bottle I'm going to jail. Even if I feel threatened (like Brooks supposedly did) I'm still going to jail. The only way I'm not going to jail is if there is multiple credible witnesses all with the same story, that states I was attacked first and I used the beer bottle in self defense. And I can guarentee, I wouldn't have a job after all that...

Clearly I'm not Brooks, and only in proffesional sports does something as ridiculous as this gets swept under the rug...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All I know is, if I'm drunk and strike a co-worker in the head with a beer bottle I'm going to jail. Even if I feel threatened (like Brooks supposedly did) I'm still going to jail. The only way I'm not going to jail is if there is multiple credible witnesses all with the same story, that states I was attacked first and I used the beer bottle in self defense. And I can guarentee, I wouldn't have a job after all that...

Clearly I'm not Brooks, and only in proffesional sports does something as ridiculous as this gets swept under the rug...

It's hardly been swept under the rug.

There's a thread with the full DA's report, including references to the previous altercation, Brooks feeling like he was defending himself, and Divens demanding $1,000,000 from Brooks. I'm sure if you were to hit a co-worker with a beer bottle in the head he wouldn't demand $1M. He'd also likely press charges, which Divens apparently told police he didn't want to do.

Let's not pretend this is a cut and dry case where Brooks smoked Divens at the 50 yard line in Seattle during a game in front of 60,000 people plus everyone watching on TV.

Let's also not pretend that every time someone gets hit with a beer bottle it results in charges and job loss. I think we're all smarter than that.

As for getting fired, that would depend on what your job is and who the co-worker you hit is. If you're a teacher and you hit your superintendent or principal, you're probably getting fired. If you're a construction worker and you hit someone that has no power over you particularly if it's a guy just starting with your crew, you probably don't get fired.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's hardly been swept under the rug.

There's a thread with the full DA's report, including references to the previous altercation, Brooks feeling like he was defending himself, and Divens demanding $1,000,000 from Brooks. I'm sure if you were to hit a co-worker with a beer bottle in the head he wouldn't demand $1M. He'd also likely press charges, which Divens apparently told police he didn't want to do.

Let's not pretend this is a cut and dry case where Brooks smoked Divens at the 50 yard line in Seattle during a game in front of 60,000 people plus everyone watching on TV.

Let's also not pretend that every time someone gets hit with a beer bottle it results in charges and job loss. I think we're all smarter than that.

As for getting fired, that would depend on what your job is and who the co-worker you hit is. If you're a teacher and you hit your superintendent or principal, you're probably getting fired. If you're a construction worker and you hit someone that has no power over you particularly if it's a guy just starting with your crew, you probably don't get fired.

Just to be clear, by no way am I siding with Divens on this. His actions have become almost as bad as Brooks and he has destroyed all credibility...

This whole thing is asinine! You have two guys who have had at least one other altercation which required medical attention. Not even a month later the same two have another altercation, again requiring medical attention? If you use an object like a beer bottle, ANYTHING could have happened. We are talking about serious injury if not worse...

Everything you posted was a bit like a lawyer would state in a court setting, discrediting the accuser. Lets not be naive and try to play the "what he did is worse" game. If you really want to bring credibility into this, please bring up Brooks' past and his problem with alcohol with his previous team. Attacking credibility is fine, but two wrongs still don't make a right...

I would suspend Brooks for half the season (without pay) and make him get treatment for alcohol abuse. As for Divens, its a little bit easier to just release him and move on...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a complete overreaction. It was fucked up, but as imac said earlier, Brooks was attacked previously by Divens and was provoked this time. The bottle maybe wasn't necessary, but sometimes if you fuck with someone, they are going to come after you. Then he clearly tried to use it to extort money from Brooks. Fine him and suspend him if you need to, but he doesn't need to be cut.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Brooks traded not because of the fight, I want him traded because they are set at OLBer without him and I'd like to see them get another pick in return to use as ammo to move up and get Clowney.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brooks, Divens and a few other teammates were out drinking one night. At the end of the night Brooks hit Divens multiple times in the head with a beer bottle.What were the circumstances around the situation?

Earlier in the offseason Brooks hosted a barbecue where Divens shoved him to the ground causing Brooks to get a 2-3 inch gash in his leg which required stitches.

On this night, Divens feigned throwing Brooks house keys into the grass, Brooks in his statement to police said that as Divens waved his hands around he felt he was going to be struck again. Divens has 50+ pounds on Brooks.

In response, (a drunk) Brooks hit Divens with a beer bottle. At no point did Divens fall or lose consciousness.

You have decided that this situation was serious enough to at least passively compare it to Aaron Hernardez allegedly arranging (possibly doing it himself) the execution style murder of a man who may have been talking to police about a previous murder Hernandez committed.

I trust you also feel Aldon Smith needs to be cut based on the DUI and the fight that broke out at his party where he was stabbed last year.

And did you really mean "It doesn't matter what the mitigating circumstance, or the heretofore-s"? I trust that you didn't, because I assume it would have been acceptable for Brooks to use a bottle to defend himself if Divens were coming at him with a knife or something similar.
Sigh. Once again, you are trying to force me to defend a position I was not taking. I was saying the incident happened in the Hernandez era - I should have said aftermath. I was not making a comparison between the two.

The Aldon Smith comparison is more ridiculous. Please try not to read too much into what I said.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a complete overreaction. It was fucked up, but as imac said earlier, Brooks was attacked previously by Divens and was provoked this time. The bottle maybe wasn't necessary, but sometimes if you fuck with someone, they are going to come after you. Then he clearly tried to use it to extort money from Brooks. Fine him and suspend him if you need to, but he doesn't need to be cut.
I was unaware of the earlier incident, but I did read about Divens trying to get a financial settlement and he is not sympathetic. I knew that no legal charges will be filed.

My point has to do with the 49ers and the image they seem to be projecting vs. keeping a player that is capable of going off like that. Talent obviously plays into their thinking, but should it?

You say I'm overreacting? Could be.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to try and clarify that. I was specifically referring to having read about Divens request for money. It was inaccurate to suggest that there are no possible circumstances that could have altered my opinion.

My thinking in this regard was not legally, even if I were qualified, it was more along the lines of the risk of continued association with someone who would perform that kind of thuggery. Of course I don't know all of the details. I was just voicing an opinion based on what I read. I oughta watch that.

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I didnt hear about the past incident as wel ................lol what in the hell kind of friends are these guys?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst post of the day.

He is right though. If this type of behavior was not tolerated, it would cease immediately. Take the milion dollar salaries away from these street thugs and they will conform to proper societal etiquette.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're just nasty and mean. I don't like many of your posts either.

You can look at it that way. I certainly don't sugar-coat what I say; I aim for objectivity. I thought saying the team should cut the guy regardless of mitigating circumstances was the worst post of the day. And like imac said, by that rationale we should cut Aldon Smith too.

And you know what would happen? They would belong to other teams within 24 hours.