• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahmad Brooks at ILB

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What about moving Ahmad Brooks to ILB.

I would imagine it depends if Bowman comes back or not.

With no Bowman maybe it makes sense:

ILB: Brooks, Wilhoite, Moody, Skov, rookie
OLB: Smith, Lynch, Lemonier, rookie

With a healthy Bowman maybe keep him at OLB?

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not to keen or well versed in Brooks experience outside of OLB, does he have any previous experience patrolling the middle? And if so, how did he fair? His behavior and body language last season didn't scream defensive leader.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not to keen or well versed in Brooks experience outside of OLB, does he have any previous experience patrolling the middle? And if so, how did he fair? His behavior and body language last season didn't scream defensive leader.

Brooks was originally an ILB for the bengals before the 49ers converted him to OLB... He also played ILB on goal line situations for the 49ers in the past

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks was originally an ILB for the bengals before the 49ers converted him to OLB... He also played ILB on goal line situations for the 49ers in the past

Brooks is at about 270 right now, not sure he's suited for ILB at this point.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brooks dropped like 20 pounds and got in the 250 area I think he could go back to ILB. Also if we do make this move I like the sounds of Aldon, Brooks, Bowman, Lynch. Wilhoite would still be a good backup and that mean we could go after a OLB in the draft instead of a ILB. The ILBs in this draft is very weak but you have some really good OLBs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd think they'll try positions moves like this during OTA's and TC? Cause if there is a chance Brooks can go back inside, they have to try.

Otherwise, like what Brooks have done to date, and think he's a solid OLB. He doesn't have the high sack rate, but it isn't too shabby. He does provide pressure, granted he doesn't finish a few sacks. So ok with trying him back at ILB, but wouldn't force it.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 LBS isnt easy to lose the older you get. I think plenty of us can testify to that. You would also have to consider, even if he got down to that size, does he have the mobility to cover RBs and TEs?