• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AHL Playoffs Thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quest for Lord Calder!!! Ahh...sigh... it just doesn't' have the same ring to it.

Fans of the Caps, Kings, Thrash, Stars, and Habs can be excited as their AHL counterparts are still in the postseason. Hershey (Caps) v. Monarchs (Kings) and Hamilton (Habs) vs. the winner of game 7 between Chicago (Thrashers) and the Texas Stars (guess) tonight.

I gotta think the Bears are going to tear it up again for their record 11th Calder Cup. With the Caps out of the playoffs, they have Alzner and Carlson back. Despite losing only 1 game in the first two rounds, the top 3 scorers in the AHL playoffs (Alex Giroux, Andrew Gordon, and Chris Bourque) are all on the Bears.

Go Bears!

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears Advance past the Monarchs in 6 games with their 3-2 OT victory. They await the winner of the Hamilton Texas series which Hamilton leads 3-2.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have the Texas Stars v. the Hershey Bears, but the Calder Cup Finals don't start until next Thursday. It appears to be because the circus is in town at Giant Center in Hershey.

I might have to get up there for a game since this will likely be the last professional hockey being played in the U.S. until October. :(

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas took a shocking 2-0 lead in the series with back-to-back one-goal victories IN Hershey last week. Bears in a tough spot with the next 3 on the road in Austin, but push back tonight getting 2 goals from both Andrew Gordon and Matthieu Perreault. After falling behind 3-1 in the first, the Bears score 5 unanswered to win 6-3. We may have a series on our hands.... and this may be the only hockey left in a few days.

I heard on the Caps Report this week that attendance in Austin for the Texas Stars has been very good this season and they'll probably sell out all their games in the Finals. They've apparently done really well in their inaugural season, both on the ice and at the box office (averaging 5,300 per game this year in a 7,000-seat arena). Kudos, Austin.

I'd like to watch these online, but $12.99 per game or or $65 for the series is outrageous, especially since it's just an online feed. Too bad, I'd like to see Carlson, Neuvy, Alzner, Perreault, and other future Caps in action.

Last edited by a moderator:

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'd love to see more of Steve Pinizzotto since I haven't been able to see much of him. I had tickets to game 1, but I ended up having to sell them to a friend insted of going. Sometimes, and I mean sometimes I am able to find a link to a game, but it's hard once the playoffs start

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ritari - I didn't realize this, but the games have been on Comcast. I stupidly didn't even think to look. Probably only in the mid-Atlantic market, but Wednesday's game will be on CSN.

I actually just watched a replay of Monday's game. Bears absolutely dominant in the 3rd - moving the puck well and plenty of big hits. Hope they keep the momentum going tomorrow.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars had been pressing there, pretty nice goal. Hershey needs to shore up their gap control in their own end.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I've never seen camera work this bad in a game. The guy can't even follow a simple uncontested dump in.