• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AG's Annual Power 5 Conference Testicle Check (2019)

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon State Beavers football - Wikipedia

Tavis Shippen, nation’s No. 3 JC DE, commits to Oregon State Beavers over Oregon Ducks, others

Kyrei Fisher, Arkansas LB transfer, commits to Oregon State Beavers, hopes to play this fall

Nahshon Wright, immediately eligible JC CB, commits to Oregon State Beavers over Boise State, Colorado

COMMITMENT: Beavers Land LB Junior Walling

SnoopyAgileGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

I'm supposed to be impressed that a LB that couldn't cut it at Arkansas hopes to play at Oregon St....LOL, his other offers were Arkansas St, Texas State and Troy....that says all you need to know about the current state of the Beavers...I guess that would at least make them competitive at the FCS level...maybe.

Bunch of JC washouts and a legacy player....way to go Beavers. Hell, they took 4 transfers from the Cornhuskers this year...enough said.

Oregon St...where you go when you still want to pretend you're a P5 talent, but you can't hack it at a P5 school.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm supposed to be impressed that a LB that couldn't cut it at Arkansas hopes to play at Oregon St....LOL, his other offers were Arkansas St, Texas State and Troy....that says all you need to know about the current state of the Beavers...I guess that would at least make them competitive at the FCS level...maybe.

Bunch of JC washouts and a legacy player....way to go Beavers. Hell, they took 4 transfers from the Cornhuskers this year...enough said.

Oregon St...where you go when you still want to pretend you're a P5 talent, but you can't hack it at a P5 school.
I'd say something about Vandy but then again Bama doesn't play Vandy seeing how that conference is too chickenshit to play it's own conference members. Mark my words, if General Sherman was running this country atm you fvcks would be playing each other.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say something about Vandy but then again Bama doesn't play Vandy seeing how that conference is too chickenshit to play it's own conference members. Mark my words, if General Sherman was running this country atm you fvcks would be playing each other.

Yeah, we're about as scared of Vandy as we are of you candy asses...one thing for sure, Vandy or Washington would go through Oregon State like Sherman through Atlanta....William Tecumseh Sherman is in my family tree, so I will forgive you for not knowing that he is famous for a particular quote about running the country...."If nominated I will not run; If elected I will not serve." Seems more like the sort of guy who would tell you to go fuck yourself and worry about your own business instead of telling others what to do.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that wan't a dig at you guys, I figured the 4 they got were dead weight.

They were. Gebbia was a decent QB that I would have liked to have seen stay, especially since he opted to transfer the week the season started... and Martinez got hurt in game 1 and was out for game 2. I do think Gebbia is a significantly better QB than Bunch who came in for game 2 and ultimately did terribly.

If Gebbia had stayed, he would have played in game 2 and who knows what would have happened with the season. The fact that Bunch had to come in and Martinez wasn't 100% for the following games leaves a lot to wonder about, but is what it is. Kid would have had his shot, but opted to transfer in week 1.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh ... different priorities and rivalries, based on tradition. We could have gone to a 6 year non-division rotation, but it would have required getting rid of the permanent rivalries. We just weren't willing to do that because our fans would have flipped if you got rid of the UGa v. Auburn, Florida v. LSU, Alabama v. UTjr games. If you think we are missing rivalries in college football in the south, not sure you've ever spent much time down here. I mean, seriously, a PAC guy lecturing the SEC on rivalries in college football. SMH.
Not only the cross divisional rivalries, but if we went to a 9 game conference schedule you would risk affecting other big rivalry games like UGA/GT, UF/FSU, SC/Clemson. Then fans would really lose their shit!

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only the cross divisional rivalries, but if we went to a 9 game conference schedule you would risk affecting other big rivalry games like UGA/GT, UF/FSU, SC/Clemson. Then fans would really lose their shit!

Rather keep Mercer on the schedule than Gtech? Gotcha.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'But if we play a 9 game conference schedule we won't be able to schedule any decent OOC games' ... anyone heard that spiel before.

When a team playing a 9 game conference schedule whens a natty, let me know.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like how that 9 game conference schedule affects such rivalries as USC vs ND, Stanford vs ND, Iowa vs Iowa St, etc ... like that? Ya that excuse doesn't hold water. If you don't believe me just take a look at the OP.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like how that 9 game conference schedule affects such rivalries as USC vs ND, Stanford vs ND, Iowa vs Iowa St, etc ... like that? Ya that excuse doesn't hold water. If you don't believe me just take a look at the OP.
I didn't say it couldn't happen, but several games with fewer available dates, having to work around both conference schedules....those games could be at risk. I know several long time rivalries that went away due to conference realignment. ND games are different since they have no conference schedule to work around.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, when is the last time Iowa played a P5 other than Iowa? There is no real variance in their schedule year in, year out.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The powers that be allow them to game the system yet they love to talk shit.
Gaming the system means that they would still come out on top without playing and beating their conference championship game/winning their bowl or play off game or beating their competitor in the bcs game.. and since none of that is true.. you sir can eat shit without a spoon.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaming the system means that they would still come out on top without playing and beating their conference championship game/winning their bowl or play off game or beating their competitor in the bcs game.. and since none of that is true.. you sir can eat shit without a spoon.
Is a conference that refuses to play their own conference members really a conference?

SEC sets 12-year non-division rotation

SEC coaches vote to keep eight-game conference schedule, but nine is impending

8lBqQnW.gif