• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After last night's game

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if there will start to be long term effects on Wilson from the porous offensive line. He's a very confident qb and a very cool person in the huddle, but we've seen in the past other quarterbacks who have been ruined by getting shelled on every play -- they start getting happy feet, they stop setting up properly in the pocket so their passes are inaccurate because they think they'll get killed any second, etc. The Seahawks aren't getting Okung back until mid November and the other starters haven't exactly been stellar either, so this may be a season long problem and I just think it's possible Wilson will start to react accordingly.

Seahawk fans opinions are welcome if they're noticing the subject or whatever -- but I'm not trying to turn this into some thread where someone chimes in and says "Yeah but Kaepernick sucks.", or "Wilson is the best qb in the league fuck you." (Actually last week the Seattle radio hosts had Wilson as a top 5 qb in the league, behind only Rogers, Brees, Brady, Luck). This is a serious question.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't getting hit in the knees, head, or ribs; sure he could have seperated a shoulder on a landing. The biggest hit on a QB in that game was the 360 spin Clemens took.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't getting hit in the knees, head, or ribs; sure he could have seperated a shoulder on a landing. The biggest hit on a QB in that game was the 360 spin Clemens took.

My question is more will he be psychologically shell shocked from all the hits so it starts affecting his play in the pocket.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are about to bring on the fury of legions of Seahawks trolls. May God have mercy upon you.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You raise some good points. It is never good to have your QB beaten and battered like he was last night. I would be more worried about just a plain old injury as well.

Are the Seahawks leading a charmed life this year or what? Does it continue? Does their luck hold?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is more will he be psychologically shell shocked from all the hits so it starts affecting his play in the pocket.

I'm hoping for the same thing but I heard this morning from that really ugly and geeeky dude on ESPN who does insider NFL stuff that both OKUNG and the other injured Tackle will be back shortly. We need them to quit getting lucky and lose some games before they get those guys and Harvin back.

The one problem I see is that the 49ers have no ability to rush the passer so Wilson should have no problem operating against them.

Tigwelds1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt it will have a long term effect since it shouldn't be that consistently bad for much longer, but it definitely seemed to have an impact on him in that game. He didnt seem to be looking for ways to escape to make gains as much as he was looking to escape just to survive without a turnover and live for another down. On the long pass play to Tate he didnt step into the throw because he wanted to get it out of his hands as soon as possible and he under threw it by 7 or 8 yards. Tate bailed him out of what should have been an easy interception.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pressure is already affecting his psyche, he was horrible last night. Clemens gift wrapped his first scoring drive and then when he panics under pressure and badly underthrows a ball some angels in the outfield stuff happens and Jenkins slips/stumbles himself out of position for one of the easiest INTs of his career.

Their fans can try to deny it, but the world just saw it... put pressure on him and he panics and plays horribly. Just like every other QB who has ever played the game.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The pressure is already affecting his psyche, he was horrible last night. Clemens gift wrapped his first scoring drive and then when he panics under pressure and badly underthrows a ball some angels in the outfield stuff happens and Jenkins slips/stumbles himself out of position for one of the easiest INTs of his career.

Their fans can try to deny it, but the world just saw it... put pressure on him and he panics and plays horribly. Just like every other QB who has ever played the game.

Ohh.... He's human? You would think he was a Greek god listening to some Seattle fans

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed that Wilson will take a few shots down the field and somehow always get PI on pourly thrown balls. Its like Wilson gets 2-4 gifts like that a game.

Plus just put 8 in the box and Wilson can't do shiet!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed that Wilson will take a few shots down the field and somehow always get PI on pourly thrown balls. Its like Wilson gets 2-4 gifts like that a game.

Plus just put 8 in the box and Wilson can't do shiet!

lol ok…. I"m sure Wilson won't figure out 8 in the box means 1 on 1 on the outside… He's just not smart enough! The problem has been the 1 second he has to throw the ball with how utterly pathetic our tackles are protecting… It's smart to send heat when someone's line is beat up… Nothing is surprising right now… Seattle's line needs there tackles back…

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ok…. I"m sure Wilson won't figure out 8 in the box means 1 on 1 on the outside… He's just not smart enough! The problem has been the 1 second he has to throw the ball with how utterly pathetic our tackles are protecting… It's smart to send heat when someone's line is beat up… Nothing is surprising right now… Seattle's line needs there tackles back…

Yeah, the Rams must have been the first team ever to put 8 in the box against Wilson.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if there will start to be long term effects on Wilson from the porous offensive line. He's a very confident qb and a very cool person in the huddle, but we've seen in the past other quarterbacks who have been ruined by getting shelled on every play -- they start getting happy feet, they stop setting up properly in the pocket so their passes are inaccurate because they think they'll get killed any second, etc. The Seahawks aren't getting Okung back until mid November and the other starters haven't exactly been stellar either, so this may be a season long problem and I just think it's possible Wilson will start to react accordingly.

Seahawk fans opinions are welcome if they're noticing the subject or whatever -- but I'm not trying to turn this into some thread where someone chimes in and says "Yeah but Kaepernick sucks.", or "Wilson is the best qb in the league fuck you." (Actually last week the Seattle radio hosts had Wilson as a top 5 qb in the league, behind only Rogers, Brees, Brady, Luck). This is a serious question.

I can only respond by saying I haven't seen Wilson panic one time yet since he started his first game in Arizona last year… And even then he gave us a chance to win… As far as the pressure he's facing because our O-line has been horrific in pass coverage … HELL YEAH IT WORRIES ME… Not because I think he can't handle the pressure but because I worry he might get hurt if these #@$^@# guy's don't start protecting him… I don't think I"ve seen 2 more pathetic coverage tackles in my @#$^ing life… I'm also pretty ticked at our coaching staff for not making adjustments to help those guys out they just kinda left um on and island going against 2 of the better pass rush guy's in the league… I'm pizzzzed off right now… Twin TE sets, RB, FB blocking DO SOMETHING!!!! It was like a clinic on HOW not to block at the tackle position … It was like a bad Halloween nightmare…

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only respond by saying I haven't seen Wilson panic one time yet since he started his first game in Arizona last year… And even then he gave us a chance to win… As far as the pressure he's facing because our O-line has been horrific in pass coverage … HELL YEAH IT WORRIES ME… Not because I think he can't handle the pressure but because I worry he might get hurt if these #@$^@# guy's don't start protecting him… I don't think I"ve seen 2 more pathetic coverage tackles in my @#$^ing life… I'm also pretty ticked at our coaching staff for not making adjustments to help those guys out they just kinda left um on and island going against 2 of the better pass rush guy's in the league… I'm pizzzzed off right now… Twin TE sets, RB, FB blocking DO SOMETHING!!!! It was like a clinic on HOW not to block at the tackle position … It was like a bad Halloween nightmare…

Yeah, even though he is getting hit, he doesn't seem rattled by it. He still seems to be composed. Maybe because he isn't taking huge hits? But also because he runs a lot he might be used to taking hits. But he is for sure not going the David Carr route right now, although I wouldn't be pissed if he did :thumb:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilson seems to have good pocket awareness. imo he'll be fine.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it keeps up like it has he won't make it through the season.