• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After Dooley is fired after the Scar game who coaches?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol riiiiiiight, if that's what you want to believe.

Again, I'm not saying Gruden WILL get hired I'm saying he has legit interest & our AD is going to try & get him.

All well and good.

I"m saying that as long as there is pro interest, he will never be fully committed to ANY collegiate job.

It simply does not happen. Successful pro coaches don't turn down pro jobs for collegiate jobs until they've run out of chances at the pro level. His phone will ring every time there's an opening......and sooner or later he'll take it. I don't buy that theres GENUINE interest on his part unless he feels he is never going to coach at the NFL level again.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guz Malzahn would be a nice add. I will believe Gruden coming to UT when I actually see it.

To be honest though, as a football coach college is a better job even though it doesn't pay more, in college you can become a legend.

More people know who Bobby Bowden or Bear Bryant are then they know Jim Lombardi or other NFL greats. College Fame > NFL Fame.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't laugh but I really like Tommy Tubberville as an option. If not him then go after Guz Malzahn, Dan Mullen, Paul Rhodes, or even Frank Solich (Ohio's coach and ex-Nebraska coach).

Another option is John Chavis.

jmoore_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another serious note, a name that keeps being brought up as a serious option if we can't land Gruden is Alabama DC Kirby Smart. Supposedly our AD Dave Hart has a very good relationship w/ him & thinks he is the next big coach.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another serious note, a name that keeps being brought up as a serious option if we can't land Gruden is Alabama DC Kirby Smart. Supposedly our AD Dave Hart has a very good relationship w/ him & thinks he is the next big coach.

It wouldn't shock me, he'll be head coaching somewhere in the near future.

ToddSklar

it takes alot to laugh but i takes a liberal to cr
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it a out time for Todd Graham to switch jobs as well?

The problem with Todd is ADs are unsure of whether its really him calling the shots or more Saban on the defensive end. If he can prove himself to an AD then I see him as a possible hire as a HC somewhere.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Todd is ADs are unsure of whether its really him calling the shots or more Saban on the defensive end. If he can prove himself to an AD then I see him as a possible hire as a HC somewhere.

Todd Graham in Head Coach at ASU, Kirby Smart is DC at Bama. But yeah, I've heard that about Smart (assuming he's who you meant).

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@star...Nick Saban went on public record saying he wouldn't coach Alabama.

Coaches are fickle like that. They will say one thing and then go another. Happens all the time thats why they change jobs often.

If Gruden has any intrest in college he most likely won't promote that so he can use the leverage of NFL money. If Tennessee Lands Gruden for less thats cool as he does have ties so there is the 'family' ascpect but with Texas coaching issues, it will be an epic LoL because Texas could afford that kind of money to lure Gruden but they didn't try because they thought..he is only interested in the pro's.

jmoore_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A LOT of smoke earlier today that Hart & Gruden have agreed on a deal, idk if it's true or not, but twitter was in a frenzy earlier. Even Ex-Vol football players were tweeting about it.

Again, idk if a deal has been reached but there is to much smoke for their not to be a little flame.