• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After a week of the season

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking maybe Torts wasnt the problem maybe he was exactly on point he knew we couldnt score goals and if we didnt play defense there is no way we would win. If it wasnt for good luck vs the Kings we would be 0-3 and avg about 1 goal a game.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking maybe Torts wasnt the problem maybe he was exactly on point he knew we couldnt score goals and if we didnt play defense there is no way we would win. If it wasnt for good luck vs the Kings we would be 0-3 and avg about 1 goal a game.

AWFUL:omg:

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sam 'great save by lundy, this game could be 6 nothing.. don't worry sam it will be

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Sather still have a job worst GM in all of sports..... This team is going no where until Dolan sells the team which we know wont happen.

I would say trade everyone off now for picks but its not like we know how to draft either so this team is just screwed. I hope we didnt trade off this years first round pick because its going to be pretty high.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Torts was the most successful coach for the Rangers during the Sather era. They probably should've fired Sather before firing Torts.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah its all the GOATS fault..lol

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that it was 90% Tort's fault. I felt that he held the Rangers' offensive capabilities back with his shot blocking scheme & relied too much on Lundqvist to win games. I realize now I was wrong. Reality is that the Rangers have no offensive capabilities & it was Lunqvist that benefitted from Tort 's defensive minded system.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that it was 90% Tort's fault. I felt that he held the Rangers' offensive capabilities back with his shot blocking scheme & relied too much on Lundqvist to win games. I realize now I was wrong. Reality is that the Rangers have no offensive capabilities & it was Lunqvist that benefitted from Tort 's defensive minded system.

Your right and that is Sathers fault where could have the Rangers found offense.

2003 Draft

12 Hugh Jessiman (Right Wing)
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States New York Rangers Dartmouth College (NCAA) 13 Dustin Brown (Right Wing)
United States Los Angeles Kings Guelph Storm (OHL)
2006 Draft

21 Bob Sanguinetti (defense)
United States New York Rangers Owen Sound Attack (OHL) 22 Claude Giroux (C/RW)
23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Canada Philadelphia Flyers Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL)

Then took Mcllrath with the 10th pick what a joke that is.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right and that is Sathers fault where could have the Rangers found offense.

2003 Draft

12 Hugh Jessiman (Right Wing)
United States New York Rangers Dartmouth College (NCAA) 13 Dustin Brown (Right Wing)
United States Los Angeles Kings Guelph Storm (OHL)
2006 Draft

21 Bob Sanguinetti (defense)
United States New York Rangers Owen Sound Attack (OHL) 22 Claude Giroux (C/RW)
23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Canada Philadelphia Flyers Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL)

Then took Mcllrath with the 10th pick what a joke that is.

Really messed up how he keeps the talent down on the farm and won't trade any of them to improve the team either. Hoarding prospects while never using them really doesn't make any sense to me.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hhmmmm

the Giroux possibilty isnt so bad because the Flyers arent going anywhere but that D Brown possibility has A Goat badge for sather

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really messed up how he keeps the talent down on the farm and won't trade any of them to improve the team either. Hoarding prospects while never using them really doesn't make any sense to me.

hey doobs, sorry bout the bucs, they gave their fans alot to be proud of!

gosh rangers are bad.... wonder what the regs like Pollmio1 think about their calling of how good our defense is...lol what a tool, and that other total $#%$bag that goes by the name of a garbage truck what a loozer, he PM's me bout him being a mod over at sports2, i post a few times and he bans me,lol , pm's me to post with intelligence? i have no dobt that dudes in a maximum prision

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey doobs, sorry bout the bucs, they gave their fans alot to be proud of!

gosh rangers are bad.... wonder what the regs like Pollmio1 think about their calling of how good our defense is...lol what a tool, and that other total $#%$bag that goes by the name of a garbage truck what a loozer, he PM's me bout him being a mod over at sports2, i post a few times and he bans me,lol , pm's me to post with intelligence? i have no dobt that dudes in a maximum prision

Thanks Pasta, I was just happy to see them make the post season & beat the Reds. I didn't think we would beat the Cards. Not without a miracle anyways. I'm not sure who Pollmio1 is. Seems like a total tool tho.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree unless they are cant miss move them. The Lindros trade is a perfect example I know Lindros didnt do much but Brendhl did even less and he was suppose to be our top prospect. Look at all the good you kids that come ready to play OV, Crosby, Kane Toews, Mackinnon. They are all up with in a year or two. The rest can be used to get players to improve your team.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Giroux possibilty isnt so bad because the Flyers arent going anywhere but that D Brown possibility has A Goat badge for sather

Well just cause the Flyers dont know how to build a team doesnt mean he woudnt have helped our offense. Considering we traded Spaghetti(thats what I call him) away a year or two later for a second rounder I would have loved to have Giroux on this team.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Giroux would no doubt be an asset to the Rangers, he would be an asset to any team. At the same time, there's only so much one player could do and if Sather were to become a penny pincher with Giroux during contract negotiations like he did with Derek Stepan, would Giroux (or any superstar) really want to be there? I think Sather has a big ego and likes to prove to the players that they aren't $hit which is horrible for team morale.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just cause the Flyers dont know how to build a team doesnt mean he woudnt have helped our offense. Considering we traded Spaghetti(thats what I call him) away a year or two later for a second rounder I would have loved to have Giroux on this team.

its not what I said....us not picking him up doesnt hurt so much in comparison to Dustin Brown, yeah we messed up by not taking him but at the same time the flyers havent gone anywhere with him

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not what I said....us not picking him up doesnt hurt so much in comparison to Dustin Brown, yeah we messed up by not taking him but at the same time the flyers havent gone anywhere with him

Gotcha the Dustin Brown miss was a bigger miss. This is another reason to get rid of Sather. Staal is about the only good first round pick under his tenure. The rest have been luck. Girardi was the scouts telling him to sign the guy. Stephan I believe was considered a first rounder right. Lundqvist fell to the seventh round with sometimes those foreign guys do and they become great.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is that the Rangers won't have to play against Western Conference teams on the road for a while (not until November 21st against the Stars).

Rangers have a good opportunity to turn things around the next 3 games when they face the Capitals, Devils, & Flyers (3 divisional rivals who are also struggling).

Best for Ranger fans to forget about everything that has happened so far this season and treat the Caps game like it's the season opener.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNRrQQDxr-I]Wednesday Nights on NBCSN: Wednesday Night Rivalry Rangers vs. Capitals - YouTube[/ame]