• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After 10 Years I finally Get to Play TPC Cromwell

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been volunteering at the Traveler's Championship in Cromwell for 10 years now and this is the first year I finally get to play the course!

This Monday I will be teeing off!

Hope I don't suck too much and have them say that I am not allowed to come back and volunteer!

Anyone played this course?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been volunteering at the Traveler's Championship in Cromwell for 10 years now and this is the first year I finally get to play the course!

This Monday I will be teeing off!

Hope I don't suck too much and have them say that I am not allowed to come back and volunteer!

Anyone played this course?

Congrats man!!

When we weekend hacks get a chance to play where the pros play...the score rarely matters.

I've played about 5 TPC tracks and some were better than others but all were in great condition and were fun to play...I'm sure you had a ball or will have one if you haven't played it yet.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats man!!

When we weekend hacks get a chance to play where the pros play...the score rarely matters.

I've played about 5 TPC tracks and some were better than others but all were in great condition and were fun to play...I'm sure you had a ball or will have one if you haven't played it yet.

Lost 3 balls on the first hole! Rough was ridiculous. You saw it land and when you go and try to find it, nope gone!

Drove fairly well. 4 Pars. Missed 2 birdie putts. Greens were super fast! No one was on the course, it was in immaculate shape. Lunch was awesome. Amazing day all around

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost 3 balls on the first hole! Rough was ridiculous. You saw it land and when you go and try to find it, nope gone!

Drove fairly well. 4 Pars. Missed 2 birdie putts. Greens were super fast! No one was on the course, it was in immaculate shape. Lunch was awesome. Amazing day all around

Lost balls...unfortunately there were not 5,000 "spotters/spectators" lining the fairways like the pros have...lol

Greens...once you get use to the speed you can make putts, they are so true, and smooth. We played the TPC Sugarloaf earlier this year and they were probably rolling about 12 so I can imagine.

10 yrs...my gosh, a long wait...great you got to enjoy it.

We played the Slammer and Squire down at World Golf Village...once on promo for a timeshare, the other was comped as part of volunteer work we did for the Sr Tour tourney there...heck, we played the Monday after the tourney.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost balls...unfortunately there were not 5,000 "spotters/spectators" lining the fairways like the pros have...lol

Greens...once you get use to the speed you can make putts, they are so true, and smooth. We played the TPC Sugarloaf earlier this year and they were probably rolling about 12 so I can imagine.

10 yrs...my gosh, a long wait...great you got to enjoy it.

We played the Slammer and Squire down at World Golf Village...once on promo for a timeshare, the other was comped as part of volunteer work we did for the Sr Tour tourney there...heck, we played the Monday after the tourney.

Exactly! It was so wierd playing the course with no spectators or tents which I'm so used to seeing. I think they were running a 12, maybe 11.

Yup, I've been volunteering for 10 years and everytime its sold out and I can't get in

You lucky bastid playing those courses, my brother in law got to play Whistling Straits

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! It was so wierd playing the course with no spectators or tents which I'm so used to seeing. I think they were running a 12, maybe 11.

Yup, I've been volunteering for 10 years and everytime its sold out and I can't get in

You lucky bastid playing those courses, my brother in law got to play Whistling Straits

Nice!

I'm not the lucky one...or I should say not THAT lucky.

I know some guys, even played with them a few times that have played some of the best golf courses in the world...two of them played Augusta National and Pine Valley...I don't know how they got on, but those are way above my circle of influence.

Old Course, plus half a dz more in Scotland.

Pebble, and Bandon Dunes they have played them all...those are the lucky bastards!

Depending on when it was published but I've played at least 10 of the Golf Digest Top 100 you can play. I'm working a Nova Scotia trip to this spot hopefully next summer. With the dollar exchange, these courses are very affordable...comparatively speaking.

Authentic Cape Breton Links Golf | Cabot Links