• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC Youth vs NFC at QB

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East
Buffalo - Josh Allen
New York - Justin Fields
Miami - Tua Tago

AFC North
Baltimore - Lamar Jackson
Cleveland - Baker Mayfield
Cincinnati - Joe Burrow

AFC South
Houston - Deshaun Watson
Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence

AFC West
Kansas City - Patrick Mahommes
Los Angeles - Justin Herbert
Las Vegas - Derek Carr

NFC East

Dallas - Dak Prescott
Philly - Jalen Hurts
New York - Daniel Jones

NFC North
None that are young with potential

NFC South
Maybe Bridgewater - but his injury plagued career and ups and downs has led to a no for me.

NFC West
Seattle - Russell Wilson (getting a little older but I would still mark him on the old side of younger)
Los Angeles - Jared Goff (very inconsistent but still potential and younger)
Arizona - Kyler Murray

My calculations AFC will be ahead in the young franchise QB category 11-6 after this draft. Perhaps a run on AFC Superbowl victories like the NFC did there for a while. Maybe 12 of 15 SB going to AFC over the next 14 years as I am counting last years win by the Chiefs in there as #1.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan are all getting pretty old. Only one on AFC side that is old and still decent is Ben Roethlisberger.

Thoughts?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbisky, Wentz and Goff struggling has sent the NFC back for sure. Tampa Bay going all-in on the short term probably hurts them long-term, too.

I suspect 1 or 2 AFC QBs will fall off but I do suspect that the AFC will be the deeper conference for the next couple of seasons. NFC West should still be solid for awhile, though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbisky, Wentz and Goff struggling has sent the NFC back for sure. Tampa Bay going all-in on the short term probably hurts them long-term, too.

I suspect 1 or 2 AFC QBs will fall off but I do suspect that the AFC will be the deeper conference for the next couple of seasons. NFC West should still be solid for awhile, though.

My guess at the AFC QB's that fall off:

Tua, he didn't look great, but it was only his rookie season, but he struggled..his defense bailed him out a lot.

Carr possibly as he has had good seasons and bad seasons. He is very inconsistent from year to year and he is on the older side of young. I do like what Vegas is doing and the talent they are surrounding him with though.

Drew Lock with Denver has a chance or being a franchise QB, but that poor kid is very inconsistent also and injury plagued.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess at the AFC QB's that fall off:

Tua, he didn't look great, but it was only his rookie season, but he struggled..his defense bailed him out a lot.

Carr possibly as he has had good seasons and bad seasons. He is very inconsistent from year to year and he is on the older side of young. I do like what Vegas is doing and the talent they are surrounding him with though.

Drew Lock with Denver has a chance or being a franchise QB, but that poor kid is very inconsistent also and injury plagued.
I think between Lamar, Burrow, and Baker you'll see 1 fall off.

One of the AFC West QBs, too. Probably Lock.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Product of the AFC being mostly crap for the better part of the last decade.
To be fair, the Chiefs, Texans, and Bills had good teams and traded up for their guys. Ravens had a decent team and picked their guy at the bottom. Denver and Vegas have also never properly tanked.

Its actually mostly not a result of tanking except for the Bengals, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Jaguars, and Browns.

So its a bit of both.