• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC West looking tougher

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Que? When did we resign Hillis?:lol:

With Clady out, I would assume that we are going to see alot of 12 offensive formations from Denver with Green aligned next to Clark on the left and D. Thomas, Decker, and J. Thomas in routes and a back out of the backfield. Even if we do line up in 11, which we will to get Welker on the field, I imagine we will see a lot more of Green than Thomas.

Hillman. Sorry. That was the Blue Moon talking!

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your second response, I speak in general terms of a base 4-3 alignment. With the exception of Ihenacho, the Broncos generally have not used their secondary to blitz.

But your points are well taken. I agree with you the nickel puts our best 11 players on the field. And with the lead this is going to make it a difficult prospect for the enemy to catch up. It's going to be even better with Von back from his suspension.

I hate the term "base" defense, especially in today's NFL. The days of the 3-4 and 4-3 being the most commonly seen D's on the field are gone due to offenses spreading the D out in 3 WR and 2 TE sets (11 or 12 offensive formations). You are more likely to see Nickel, Dime, or some form of hybrid. As I have said numerous times, Denver lined up in some form of Nickel D 65% of the time last year, 35% was in a 4-3, 3-4, 5-2, Dime, Psycho, Prevent, and hybrids of them all. If you are in a defensive formation for 65% of the time, I would not call another formation your "base".

Once Champ and Von come back, this D could become downright f*ing scary.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over the Raiders depth chart, their secondary is decent, I just do not think they will be able to keep up with Manning and Co. Also, one name pisses me off, Jason Hunter. IMO, we should have kept him and told Dumervil to FO. Hunter is more well rounded player and now that Von is out, might have given us more of a pass rush opposite Phillips in passing downs.