• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC Championship Game: New England @ Kansas City 6:40 Eastern Time on CBS

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably depends on whether Eric Berry plays and can be effective. The dude is Gronk's kryptonite.

They've been saving berry the whole season just for this match up ....

Seriously, though, berry is more brittle than gronk. I'll be surprised if he plays and if he does they would probably limit his snaps

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 DB's like the chargers tried ..... ?

It will be something the Pats haven't done all season I am sure... But not sure they will do the 7 DBs since they will be worrying about Hill and company

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hate runs deep for me when it comes to the Kansas City Chiefs, so please pity me as I forecast that the Chiefs will blow out the poor Patriots. The Pats will soon learn what it is to be "Mahomed". I'll be wearing my TB12 jersey and hoping for a playoff miracle though. For one day, we're joined.

th.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs fans plan for this game as there have not been many frozen tundra games over that way. The worst I was at was the NFC championship game in Favres last year that they lost before the Giants went on to beat the Pats. It was like -5 without the wind factored in.
FWIW, the Chiefs played the Titans in 2016 with a windchill of -19.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 DB's like the chargers tried ..... ?
I think the 7 DBs thing was actually to stop the run and not the pass. It sounds nuts because it means that if the RB gets any momentum then you're toast but if you can get to the RB before he gets a full head of steam then you shut the run game down.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tip my cap to what the Pats have accomplished. Eight consecutive AFC championship games in this era is about the most impressive thing I've seen in sports.

God bless Tom Landry

And if anyone has to ask how they did it ...look no further than what the Pats were doing just before the half up 35 -7
Brady & Co were going nuts running the 2 min drill like it was the super bowl.

It kills me to compliment Boston on anything. But when it come to what the Belichick & Brady have done their accomplishments transcends my biases.

I gladly tip my cap to them and then some.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the Chiefs have Mahomes. They are going to need him.

In allowing first downs in the reg season the Chiefs defense is dead last. 419 First downs allowed.

The Pats allowed 100 less.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if anyone has to ask how they did it ...look no further than what the Pats were doing just before the half up 35 -7

It kills me to compliment Boston on anything. But when it come to what the Belichick & Brady have done their accomplishments transcends my biases.

I really respect what the Pats have done over the years, but playing in the AFC East hasn't hurt a bit. When you play the Bills, Jets and Dolphins twice a year it is a plus.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really respect what the Pats have done over the years, but playing in the AFC East hasn't hurt a bit. When you play the Bills, Jets and Dolphins twice a year it is a plus.

But you don't play those guys to get to the AFC Title game. You have to beat though teams in the playoffs to do that.
.....and do that 8 times.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you don't play those guys to get to the AFC Title game. You have to beat though teams in the playoffs to do that.
.....and do that 8 times.
Of course, but it doesn't hurt one bit to play an easy schedule along the way. Besides that is how the Pats get HFA every year. They are assured (almost) 6 wins a year within their division.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My predictions haven't been very good lately , but I just don't see the Pats winning this game. The Pat's were 3-5 on the road during the regular season.
Let's hope your shitty predictions continue for at least one more week.

We'll deal with your SB prediction after Sunday.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's D is gonna need to play well, on O I think the Pats are gonna have success, KC played good D against the Colts but some of that was on the Colts, they were just sloppy all game long.. . KC's D isn't that great, they're 31st in total defense, 31st in pass defense, 27th against the run... That's not a good defense... Pats have a very good chance in this game if there D can do enough to slow down KC's O ...
Agree, I think NE just tries to crush the pocket not rush like they did against Rivers. They won't allow Mahomes to win it with his legs. It unfortunately will be a typical BB bend don't break D which is so aggrevating to watch.
NE Offense will be fine. Look for Dorsett or Hogan to have a big day. As well as Michel on the ground.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why they have become my #2 team.

If you honestly watch and appraise they amaze.

And coupled with the Dallas disarray, it's nice to have a back up plan.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pat's aren't a Boston team and are closer to me in Prov RI then to Boston. In fact all the visiting teams fly into RI and stay at the Biltmore in Prov, so now you won't have to feel as bad

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but it doesn't hurt one bit to play an easy schedule along the way. Besides that is how the Pats get HFA every year. They are assured (almost) 6 wins a year within their division.

All sounds good on paper.

They have had the odd surprise from those teams. Miami always plays them tough.

I mean this year you had the hapless 49ers and Cards in your division. Is anybody squawking about that? For quite a few years your boys have been the gimmes for teams above (although I admit you always gave Seattle a tough time).

Look at KC this year. 2 against the Raiders, 2 against the currently shitty Broncos.

But you actually have to go out there and beat them. That's the bottom line.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hate runs deep for me when it comes to the Kansas City Chiefs, so please pity me as I forecast that the Chiefs will blow out the poor Patriots. The Pats will soon learn what it is to be "Mahomed". I'll be wearing my TB12 jersey and hoping for a playoff miracle though. For one day, we're joined.

View attachment 195770

gotta respect the AFC West hatred...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All sounds good on paper.

They have had the odd surprise from those teams. Miami always plays them tough.

I mean this year you had the hapless 49ers and Cards in your division. Is anybody squawking about that? For quite a few years your boys have been the gimmes for teams above (although I admit you always gave Seattle a tough time).

Look at KC this year. 2 against the Raiders, 2 against the currently shitty Broncos.

But you actually have to go out there and beat them. That's the bottom line.
I agree, but the Seahawks and Zona have been good in the past and the Niners were decent a few years back when they went to the SB. When was the last time the Jets were good, when Mark Sanchez took them to the AFCCG? The Bills and Miami have been terrible for years. Nevertheless I think this game Sunday should be a good game. Good luck to your Pats. :-)