• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Woj hints at Mark Jackson replacing david blatt

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am throwing this out there.... How much better is Golden State without Mark Jackson?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am throwing this out there.... How much better is Golden State without Mark Jackson?

Much better IMO. Kerr is better but he also brought a top end staff with him unlike Jackson who was to stubborn to bring quality assistants along.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know yet, its only year one and not even half of the season has went by.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know yet, its only year one and not even half of the season has went by.

I think it's pretty clear Kerr is better. He's been under some smart basketball minds (popovich, Phil). So no suprise he's doing so well. He's having end of the bench players playing well too. Also not to mention a good motion offensive system. Something Jackson failed to do. Kerr getting the most out of this roster

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point I could not argue with getting away from Blatt- it has totally gotten away from him....

I am almost mad we have the Lakers tonight because if we lost tonight i think it would be more likely they make a move.

beating down the Lakers tonight will just give Blatt some more rope- and he should be hung

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty clear Kerr is better. He's been under some smart basketball minds (popovich, Phil). So no suprise he's doing so well. He's having end of the bench players playing well too. Also not to mention a good motion offensive system. Something Jackson failed to do. Kerr getting the most out of this roster

Kerr is awesome.....an absolutely great hire

I really do not know why the Cavs insisted on signing a coach so early in the offseason....

if you think yo uhave a shot at LeBron- you wait- and then get Love- you wait....and all of a sudden a whole universe of coaches that would not be options become options and or beg for the job......

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Blatt loses his job within the next week it'll be because of the decision (whose ever it truly was) to sit LeBron for 2 weeks.

The Cavs started 5 - 7... first 12 games wasn't great.
Since sitting LeBron for 2 weeks they've gone 1 - 9 ... a horrible stretch, but only 1 game with LeBron.

In between those two stretches?? They were 13 - 4.

This team had begun to put it together. Varejao's injury, followed by LeBron sitting, followed by some trades has the team in disarray again... but I expect them to start putting it back together once again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Blatt loses his job within the next week it'll be because of the decision (whose ever it truly was) to sit LeBron for 2 weeks.

The Cavs started 5 - 7... first 12 games wasn't great.
Since sitting LeBron for 2 weeks they've gone 1 - 9 ... a horrible stretch, but only 1 game with LeBron.

In between those two stretches?? They were 13 - 4.

This team had begun to put it together. Varejao's injury, followed by LeBron sitting, followed by some trades has the team in disarray again... but I expect them to start putting it back together once again.

i mean- i know Love played horrible for mostof the game-but having him on the bench for just about the entire 4th quarter last night when your team is devoid of big men who are good its not great....

and maybe it was the rightmove in the moment not to play Love-but that might even be worse because it means he cant get outta love what he should be

that worries me more than anything- but your points are very well taken- if LBJ is healthy firing Blatt is probably not even in the air at all

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Golden State is playing on both ends of the floor, it's clear Kerr is the better coach than Jackson. That's not to say Jackson is a terrible coach, just not as good as Kerr.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Blatt gets the rest of the season but if the Cavs miss the playoffs think he gets let go at season's end.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could work but a large part of me says Jackson would be just as big a disaster as Blatt has been so far. Jackson's offense is pretty damn basic and would not take any advantage of the talent on the roster. He's a pretty good defensive coach (though I still say a decent chunk of GS success was from Malone) but I can't see him improving them much right now so late into the season. If they want to fire Blatt, I say hire George Karl. He's got far more experience, is a very good coach, and will definitely command respect from everyone on the team. Not only that, he's not married to one style. From his time with the Sonics, Bucks, and Nugs, he evaluated his talent and sculpted strategy to utilize them best.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could work but a large part of me says Jackson would be just as big a disaster as Blatt has been so far. Jackson's offense is pretty damn basic and would not take any advantage of the talent on the roster. He's a pretty good defensive coach (though I still say a decent chunk of GS success was from Malone) but I can't see him improving them much right now so late into the season. If they want to fire Blatt, I say hire George Karl. He's got far more experience, is a very good coach, and will definitely command respect from everyone on the team. Not only that, he's not married to one style. From his time with the Sonics, Bucks, and Nugs, he evaluated his talent and sculpted strategy to utilize them best.

it would not be JAckson- tehy would just promote Tyron Lue for the remainder of the year and then go big game hunting in the offseason...

you think these coaches with the huge egos would not kill to coach LeBron/Love/Kyrie with a supporting cast of TT, Varejao, Mozgov, Shumpert, Jr Smith, Mike Miller,- and whoever they get for Brendan Haywoods contract?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bunch of Warriors fans for friends.

Ask them what they think about Mark Jackson.

I'd honestly take that metro fruit in Boston over Mark Jackson.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bunch of Warriors fans for friends.

Ask them what they think about Mark Jackson.

I'd honestly take that metro fruit in Boston over Mark Jackson.

LOL. But to be honest wasn't to good. People here just underestimated how much talent this team has.