• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Active Hall of Famers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locks: Pujols, Cabrera, Kershaw, Verlander, Trout, Scherzer

Have a 70% or higher chance that I think make it in: Greinke, Votto, Chapman, Kimbrel, Cano

Closer to 50% but I think make it: Sabathia, Posey

To early to tell but I think will make it eventually: Betts, Altuve, Arenado

Borderline I think won't make it: Molina, Felix

I didn't include great young players close to the 400 games....am I missing someone?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have a 70% or higher chance that I think make it in: Greinke, Votto, Chapman, Kimbrel, Cano

I didn't include great young players close to the 400 games....am I missing someone?
Agree with your “In” list. I would add Greinke.

For your 70 list...

I like Votto, but playing in a band bad will probably hurt his chances. I think the “70” group is the right placement for him.

Not sure Chapman or Kimberly have the longevity needed for a closer to get in. Personally, I think only 3 “closers” belong in as it is (Hoff, Eck and Rivera). Chapman probably still has gas in his tank, so maybe put him in the “50” group, but Kimberly is done. He has no chance (imho).

Cano has done precisely nothing since leaving the Spanks, except getting caught. No chance.

CC MIGHT make it with the NY rub, but he wouldn’t have my vote. But I would put him in your “70” group. Posey has next to no chance. He will have his number retired in SF and be recognized as one of the better leaders in the game, but he just doesn’t have the longevity to get in the hall. He can hardly be ranked, imho.

Felix fell fast and hard. Put him in the “Timmeh” group. I think Molina probably belongs in your “70” group. He was solid-very good for a LONG time, but never GREAT. IMHO, that is not enough for the Hall, but voters tend to love uber-longevity.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with your “In” list. I would add Greinke.

For your 70 list...

I like Votto, but playing in a band bad will probably hurt his chances. I think the “70” group is the right placement for him.

Not sure Chapman or Kimberly have the longevity needed for a closer to get in. Personally, I think only 3 “closers” belong in as it is (Hoff, Eck and Rivera). Chapman probably still has gas in his tank, so maybe put him in the “50” group, but Kimberly is done. He has no chance (imho).

Cano has done precisely nothing since leaving the Spanks, except getting caught. No chance.

CC MIGHT make it with the NY rub, but he wouldn’t have my vote. But I would put him in your “70” group. Posey has next to no chance. He will have his number retired in SF and be recognized as one of the better leaders in the game, but he just doesn’t have the longevity to get in the hall. He can hardly be ranked, imho.

Felix fell fast and hard. Put him in the “Timmeh” group. I think Molina probably belongs in your “70” group. He was solid-very good for a LONG time, but never GREAT. IMHO, that is not enough for the Hall, but voters tend to love uber-longevity.

Yeah I think I am overrated Cano here. I mean I think some forget how great he was...I think he is in the maybe not in group. Still think it’s a possibility just not a good one

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. His tenure with the Mariners was very good (he actually had a higher OPS+ with the Mariners than he did with the Yankees, 129 to 126). His 2016 and 2014 are up there with his best years (despite the latter seeing a dip in power numbers. Not only is Safeco a tougher place to hit than Yankee Stadium, but I'd also argue the AL West parks are tougher to hit in than the AL East.

His 68.4 WAR is 10th all-time among 2B and his WAR7 and JAWS are also above the average HOFers.

I'd put Cano in, but it's probably going to be a long time before he gets in.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. His tenure with the Mariners was very good (he actually had a higher OPS+ with the Mariners than he did with the Yankees, 129 to 126). His 2016 and 2014 are up there with his best years (despite the latter seeing a dip in power numbers. Not only is Safeco a tougher place to hit than Yankee Stadium, but I'd also argue the AL West parks are tougher to hit in than the AL East.

His 68.4 WAR is 10th all-time among 2B and his WAR7 and JAWS are also above the average HOFers.

7th-9th ballot guy?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His power numbers benefitted some from GABP (.219 ISO at home versus .206 on the road, 155 home runs at home versus 132 on the road) but his home OPS (.298/.422/.517) is identical to his away OPS (.313/.420/.519).

Votto's a HOFer in my eyes, but like Cano I don't think he'd make it in right now either. Votto doesn't really have the counting stats that more traditional voters prefer, though his rate stats are outstanding (17th all-time in OBP, 34th in OPS+)

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have no idea how painful it is Detroit had three of those guys for as long as they did and zero titles.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’d have to be brain damaged to say he’s done nothing since he left the Yankees....

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your saying the AL West stadiums are tougher than AL East saved you thread. Safeco Field was a perfect jitters park for him. The park was designed for power hitting left handed hitters and left handed and right handed hitters who hit the RC gap. RF is a shorter porch. RC is vast but the marine layer doesn’t affect those two because of the roof. The rest of the park blows to hit because of the Sea level, Silver Cloud and Centurylink right there bouncing the layer right back into LF and LC.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Utley and Cano are virtually deadlocked in WAR7. I think they should both make it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still cute that you guys think HOF voters look at Baseball Reference spreadsheets.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not true, but even if it were, his body of work was good enough with the Yankees that it would at the minimum put him as a pretty borderline candidate. Then add on top of that two MVP top 10 finishes with the Mariners, including 39 HR in one of those seasons.

His average season in Seattle was .296/21/82 with a 129 OPS+, still quite good by 2B standards.

The PEDs obviously will keep him out for a few years, if for good.

Last edited:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your saying the AL West stadiums are tougher than AL East saved you thread. Safeco Field was a perfect jitters park for him. The park was designed for power hitting left handed hitters and left handed and right handed hitters who hit the RC gap. RF is a shorter porch. RC is vast but the marine layer doesn’t affect those two because of the roof. The rest of the park blows to hit because of the Sea level, Silver Cloud and Centurylink right there bouncing the layer right back into LF and LC.

I know it's not hard evidence but I had Diamond Mind baseball open here so I checked the 2019 park factors for T-Mobile.

Doubles are low for both but are a little higher for LH batters (89 to 82) but HRs are significantly lower for LHBs, it's an "average" 100 for RH batters but just 87 for LH batters. Anyone else have anything more definitive (especially since this factor is for 2019 and Cano wasn't even there)?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’d have to be brain damaged to say he’s done nothing since he left the Yankees....
Yeah he was still good but after getting caught that will kill his chances for a while.
Unfortunately he went to the Mets so any chance of him proving his value after getting caught was flushed down the toilet.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say Veterans Committee. If Bonds and Clemens can't get in on their 8th ballot, then I don't think Cano has a chance.

here is the thing though... once they make it, you cant use steroids as a moral clause for a no vote anymore... that's why I think they both will be veterans committee HOFers… Just so they can punish the current Steroid users too...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grienke should be a lock, but by all accounts he is an asshole, and the voters can't agree on a criteria, so I could see him being punished for it. He shouldn't be, but I think he will be.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grienke should be a lock, but by all accounts he is an asshole, and the voters can't agree on a criteria, so I could see him being punished for it. He shouldn't be, but I think he will be.

greinke is Kevin Brown... when you think of his career you think he was always a top pitcher but he doesn't feel elite...

Then you look at a couple of his seasons to see he had the elite years, and you realize he is better than you think...

He is one of those that deserve it and should make it... But you don't realize how good he was...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
greinke is Kevin Brown... when you think of his career you think he was always a top pitcher but he doesn't feel elite...

Then you look at a couple of his seasons to see he had the elite years, and you realize he is better than you think...

He is one of those that deserve it and should make it... But you don't realize how good he was...

I have watched him destroy my team often since 2013, and every year I would tell myself he is washed up, but every year he continues to be just as good. I have no idea why I am always so convinced he is washed every year.