• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Accountability

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just found out the Broncos weren't substituting on defense to rest some of our starters. I guess the coaching staff benched Woodyard and Nacho for subpar play this past Sunday. Good to see players being held accountable for their play but Bolden looked horrible on the field. Hopefully this is just to try and motivate those guys to step it up a bit.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also seeing a lot less of Tony Carter, even though he's healthy now. Looks like the Broncos are trying some different combos and sending some clear messages.

MH64

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just found out the Broncos weren't substituting on defense to rest some of our starters. I guess the coaching staff benched Woodyard and Nacho for subpar play this past Sunday. Good to see players being held accountable for their play but Bolden looked horrible on the field. Hopefully this is just to try and motivate those guys to step it up a bit.

Do you have a source for this?

Not calling you out. Just curious where you read/heard it so I can check it out.

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm reading those correctly looks like Woodyard may be just to rest him. Ihenacho may be for performance, but again I sense perhaps rest and as someone else pointed out to me (not on this SH) the opportunity to try others in different positions??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm reading those correctly looks like Woodyard may be just to rest him. Ihenacho may be for performance, but again I sense perhaps rest and as someone else pointed out to me (not on this SH) the opportunity to try others in different positions??

I think Del Rio and Fox both are using these last few games as an opportunity to try and figure out a few different things and personnel that will work well come playoff time. Last year our defense seemed to get caught flat footed and just couldn't quite adjust like we needed them to against the Ravens so glad the coaches are doing what they can to try and see what all they can do.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodyard only played 10 snaps on defense on Sunday. Said the coaches had told him to take a decreased role to get ready for the playoffs. 2 weeks ago against New England he played every snap on defense and this week he was only in on 17% of the snaps.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, it's all over the sports talk radio here in Denver that Woodyard and Ihenacho have both been demoted. Danny Trevethen has the helmet communication responsibilities for the defense. Who knows if this is short term to send a message or how the Broncos will roll into the playoffs. I think Del Rio and Fox are searching for answers for a defense that went from being ranked 2nd in the NFL last year to dropping dramatically in the statistics.

I still feel like we have the talent on defense to get us a championship, but I also know that there are some opportunities for improvement. These next three games are important to win for seeding, but they are equally important for our defense and special teams to work out a few bugs.

MH64

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I`ve heard a couple diff things but I think with Woody its rest and he hasn`t been quite the same since stinger in neck few weeks back and they want him 100% for PO. With Nacho I think its more to do with his inconsistant play ( being out of position alot more lately) and wanting to see who can step up and give them more solid consistant play heading into PO. I think maybe Nach needs to know he doesn`t have that spot locked up and needs to focus and be better at being where he`s suppossed to be, or he will lose playing time come PO. I` am a little concerned about the D`s play as of late considering last yr during that, what was it? 11 game winning streak, they only gave up 23 pts 3 times and the other games were all under that. So, I know we`ve had some injuries and not having that has hurt with them being able to mesh and learn each others tendencies so hopefully heading into PO they can get the starters all in there and healthy and can build some continuity. It`s basically the same team with much improved additions as last yr. Its also hurt the special teams because of guys missing time too. Get healthy, stay healthy and lets start a nice DEFENSIVE streak BOYS!!! NOBODY SCORES MORE THAN 20 POINTS FROM HERE ON OUT!!!!!!!:)

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodyard last few weeks in coverage hasnt been to good. Its about time they send a message to some of these guys because the defense will have to step it up playoff time. I do believe they have the talent to do so.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't buy for a second that the Broncos were "resting" Woodyard. The fact is he wasn't playing much on defense but the Broncos had him out there on special teams covering kicks. Why would you do that if you wanted to rest the guy?

As for Ihenacho, maybe he needed a benching to relight a fire under him, but I really hope it works because Omar Bolden was really terrible playing safety.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't buy for a second that the Broncos were "resting" Woodyard. The fact is he wasn't playing much on defense but the Broncos had him out there on special teams covering kicks. Why would you do that if you wanted to rest the guy?

As for Ihenacho, maybe he needed a benching to relight a fire under him, but I really hope it works because Omar Bolden was really terrible playing safety.

Yeah it was the same with DRC of why say you are resting them then put them in what I think is the most dangerous plays in the game of special teams with players at full speed running at each other? I honestly think this was the coaches trying to hold these players accountable for their play on the field letting them know they will not tolerate sub-par play. This defense with essentially the same players (maybe not now because of injuries) was ranked top 5 last year in almost every defensive category possible. Not sure how they fall this far. I love Woodyard but we need him to be the Woodyard of last year that was borderline elite, not the guy that I see getting blown up a few times a game and then looking horrible in coverage.

Also I agree Bolden reminded me of our Safety play back in what was it 2008 when we had guys that were starting that couldn't even make another team's practice squad. Always out of place and always missing tackles. Hopefully Ihenacho get's back to that guy that we saw those first few weeks of being our enforcer that made no team want to run on us.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was the same with DRC of why say you are resting them then put them in what I think is the most dangerous plays in the game of special teams with players at full speed running at each other? I honestly think this was the coaches trying to hold these players accountable for their play on the field letting them know they will not tolerate sub-par play. This defense with essentially the same players (maybe not now because of injuries) was ranked top 5 last year in almost every defensive category possible. Not sure how they fall this far. I love Woodyard but we need him to be the Woodyard of last year that was borderline elite, not the guy that I see getting blown up a few times a game and then looking horrible in coverage.

So here's my conspiracy theory on Woodyard: the Broncos were auditioning other guys for the Mike in preparation for losing Woodyard in the offseason. His play has definitely taken a step down this year, and I wonder if the neck injury he suffered in Dallas is the reason for it. Anyway, if the Broncos want to keep him here next season it will probably take a pretty significant financial investment, and I wonder if the Broncos aren't sure if they want to do it. So they cut back on his playing time under the guise of resting him for the playoffs, when they are really just wanting to see how other guys play when given the chance.

Again, just my conspiracy theory.

Also I agree Bolden reminded me of our Safety play back in what was it 2008 when we had guys that were starting that couldn't even make another team's practice squad. Always out of place and always missing tackles. Hopefully Ihenacho get's back to that guy that we saw those first few weeks of being our enforcer that made no team want to run on us.

That's funny, because I was thinking of our safeties in 2007 and 2008 as well as I watched Bolden get completely lost in coverage. Ugh, that was horrible.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl Paymah, Nick Ferguson, Nate Jones......pukechuck

There is one more I'm forgetting, but I can't remember his name. He wore #42 I think. Quite possibly the worst safety to ever put on a Broncos uniform.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha glad somebody else had that same thought. I will never complain about safety play again as I will always remember those years of what we had and realize I don't think it could ever get that bad again. Well as long as come playoff time Bolden doesn't see the field.

I don't disagree with your Conspiracy Theory one bit. Right now looking at our FA for this next year it is pretty obvious we are going to lose one quality player at least. Woodyard this year although playing decent has shown his move to MLB hasn't been as easy as many of us had hoped. Trevathon has shown that he can handle the WLB position no problem so no reason to have 2 quality guys at the one position. Makes sense then if the FO is starting to realize they might lose Woodyard this summer to at least see if his replacement could possibly be on the roster. Still would love to see Irving get a shot at the MLB as the guy just lays the lumber when he get's in the game. I loved watching him when Von was out making plays in the backfield.

Now when it comes to Bolden I think this is one of those the FO is too stubborn for their own good. The FO thought he was going to be a steal in the draft and he just hasn't panned out like expected. I am glad that our FO likes to give our rookies time to develop as we are seeing that pay off with Ball and even now with Williams where both have been able here at the end of the year to make a positive impact for this team. Bolden though might have the athletic skills but he is not even close to being in position to make plays for this team. I mean at this point when you see a guy that is double covered compared to a guy in single coverage and you decide to go help triple cover one guy there is something just completely off. That should be day one stuff that he knows even with switching to Safety. I'm just hoping this FO doesn't keep guys on the roster just because they don't want to give up on a draft pick and end up cutting a guy that could help us right now. This is a championship caliber team we have but having that one huge weak link that good quarterbacks can expose come playoff time like a Bolden could be our undoing.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamza Abdullah wore 24

He sucked, but that's not who I'm thinking of :scratch:

I quick tried to Google and find him, but I'm not finding it. I'm almost 100% sure he wore #42 and it was right around the 06'-08' seasons. I'm sure someone will remember....

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sucked, but that's not who I'm thinking of :scratch:

I quick tried to Google and find him, but I'm not finding it. I'm almost 100% sure he wore #42 and it was right around the 06'-08' seasons. I'm sure someone will remember....

Ya he wore 21 Im thinking but cant come up with anyone.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it! Sam Brandon wore number 42 and it was 2005. He was just as bad, if not worse, than Nate "Couldn't cover yo mami" Jones.