• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC suspends refs

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That was pretty horrible. The U players were headed to the locker room and Jimbo had to stop the officials (who were also running in) and straighten them out. Bad when the coaches know the rules better than the ones who were getting paid to know them.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood why replay officials never get suspended when they clearly make the wrong call. What excuse can they possibly have when they're allowed to watch it over and over from multiple angles and speeds?

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather have refs that mess up the rules a little than refs that have bad judgement. You can teach rules; you can't fix blindness.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...i opened this thread completely sure it was going to be talking about the refs from our game

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs typically only get punished for misapplication of a rule instead of judgment calls. I was honestly okay with the sack because I figured the ref thought, "shit, I should've waited a couple seconds longer to blow that play dead." The fumble is just absurd. When you have that many angles to view the play it is no longer "judgment". I'm honestly shocked nothing has come out of the ACC about this. Hell, they said something about Danny Coale and that was MUCH less obvious than this fumble. Guess that's the difference between their refs fucking up and somebody elses.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...i opened this thread completely sure it was going to be talking about the refs from our game

Same.

Not that I really think it would've changed the final outcome. Sure, the sack-that-wasn't and the non-fumble were pretty big, but we did get smoked by 21.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same.

Not that I really think it would've changed the final outcome. Sure, the sack-that-wasn't and the non-fumble were pretty big, but we did get smoked by 21.

the missed fumble call ended up becoming a TD later on that drive. not to mention, we would have had the ball in a solid spot. the bs sack call would have been a first down.

i think that was about a 14 point differential based on those few calls in that short span. and it def took the wind out of our sails.

it really might have made it a heck of a finish if those handful of calls had been made properly.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
add in at least 3 missed PI calls that I can remember off the top of my head.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ACC refs are continously horrible. This has been going on far too long.

Has anyone else seen the replay of the Rashad hit on Vernon? LMAO at lowering a shoulder into the back of someone you don't see. That's one giant baby blue pussy right there.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC refs are continously horrible. This has been going on far too long.

Has anyone else seen the replay of the Rashad hit on Vernon? LMAO at lowering a shoulder into the back of someone you don't see. That's one giant baby blue pussy right there.

The camera doesnt show the whole thing... He was running onto the field looking at the coaches turned around and was a step away from Vernon and he ran him over. Vernon backed up, Rashad turned to try to avoid him.

That being said, it was a blatant penalty and i dont know how the refs couldve missed it. Oh, and Vernon wasnt hurt on the play.

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The camera doesnt show the whole thing... He was running onto the field looking at the coaches turned around and was a step away from Vernon and he ran him over. Vernon backed up, Rashad turned to try to avoid him.

That being said, it was a blatant penalty and i dont know how the refs couldve missed it. Oh, and Vernon wasnt hurt on the play.

Take off the blue glasses man. First the video starts (see 42 seconds) with his face directed toward the field, not turned around. Second the video clearly shows Vernon taking a step to the left before setting his foot back. The angle still wouldn't uphold Rashad's excuse, as he would have still ran right into him. Third the video shows he tucks and lowered his left shoulder just before contact. If he was avoiding contact he would have shifted his weight to the right, not the left. Further he has no right to be on that side of the ball in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take off the blue glasses man. First the video starts (see 42 seconds) with his face directed toward the field, not turned around. Second the video clearly shows Vernon taking a step to the left before setting his foot back. The angle still wouldn't uphold Rashad's excuse, as he would have still ran right into him. Third the video shows he tucks and lowered his left shoulder just before contact. If he was avoiding contact he would have shifted his weight to the right, not the left. Further he has no right to be on that side of the ball in the first place.

1st. On my screen his head is cut off...You can see his body facing the field but at the game you could see his head facing the coach.

2nd. As far as Vernon taking a step left and then back, your right if he would have hit him had he stayed in the same spot and run at the same angle. But with his head completely turned he wouldve had more time to get out of the way.

3rd. It looks to me like his shoulder is turning away from him, not dropping into him. The guy is running full speed and has a split second to get out the way, i dont think he is thinking about shifting his weight; he is bracing himself for an inevitable collision.

4th. What does it matter if he has no right to be on the side of the ball? I admitted it should have been a penalty. But how would Carolina sub if Duke were to go down to the 2 yard line? lol. It shouldve been called an encroachment. It wasnt. But Ive seen several teams substitute from that side of the ball, especially against a hurry up offense.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I seen that video. That was pretty bad..

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea i dont see how anyone could try and defend the unc player. that would be like one of the Hokie fans trying to say that Marcus Vick's stomping of elmis dumerville vs louisville in the bowl game was an accident.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I seen that video. That was pretty bad..

The video looks bad. I would love to see game film of the incident, because in person it looked like he was looking at the sideline until right before he ran into him.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea i dont see how anyone could try and defend the unc player. that would be like one of the Hokie fans trying to say that Marcus Vick's stomping of elmis dumerville vs louisville in the bowl game was an accident.

:L You really think thats as hard as he could hit the guy? Why not get his moneys worth if he going to intentionally hit somebody? At least take him out the game like. How could anybody be stupid enough to do something that egregious for no reason whatsover and not even make it worth it?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The video looks bad. I would love to see game film of the incident, because in person it looked like he was looking at the sideline until right before he ran into him.

The video looks bad? You make it sound like it's been altered. Clearly intentional

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:L You really think thats as hard as he could hit the guy? Why not get his moneys worth if he going to intentionally hit somebody? At least take him out the game like. How could anybody be stupid enough to do something that egregious for no reason whatsover and not even make it worth it?

He was trying to make it look unintentional and he succeeded...right up until they took a closer look

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For screwing up the review on the fumble I think the ref should only be able to work again AFTER he is fined a year's pay and Bonner kicks him in the nuts as hard as he can. If the ref doesn't agree to those terms then he can't ref again