• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Acc is 9-0

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
be happy; you did better than me...I owe a lot....waiting for April before I send money. IRS knows how to keep folks broke. Still waiting for the lunatic to simply go away. LOL

Yeah, the IRS just plain sucks! Steal all your money and what do you get in return.. not a whole lot. Well, at least it's starting to warm up outside and that means the spring game's just around the corner!

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they're bad for college basketball because they're Kentucky and that's it. nothing about them is bad about college basketball unless it's bad to have one of the most talented teams we've seen. Are they the most skilled, probably not. But their size, athleticism and length is something that makes them very good defensively. Their depth is also extremely beneficial. I don't think it's bad for college basketball to have freshman completely willing to come off the bench for the betterment of the team. That's great for college basketball. Selfishness and individualism is what's killing college basketball and Kentucky has none of that to deal with despite bringing in a group of players that could start just about anywhere else off of the bench.

OK, so now that I'm watching another UK game... how exactly is this good for college basketball? I frosted a few beers and was all set to watch this game, and now I'm turning it off and heading to bed. This is boring as hell. I feel like there's no point in watching any more games.. it's a foregone conclusion. UK can't be beat.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so now that I'm watching another UK game... how exactly is this good for college basketball? I frosted a few beers and was all set to watch this game, and now I'm turning it off and heading to bed. This is boring as hell. I feel like there's no point in watching any more games.. it's a foregone conclusion. UK can't be beat.

Then don't watch. Again, I think you dislike them because they're UK. Same reason people dislike the Yankees, the Patriots, Alabama football, etc. Being good is not equivalent to bad for the sport. Turn the game off if you're not enjoying it. The Arizona game is on. Youtube has a ton of good games if you want to watch those. But again, your complaint is that they're too good, I don't see that as being bad for the game.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then don't watch. Again, I think you dislike them because they're UK. Same reason people dislike the Yankees, the Patriots, Alabama football, etc. Being good is not equivalent to bad for the sport. Turn the game off if you're not enjoying it. The Arizona game is on. Youtube has a ton of good games if you want to watch those. But again, your complaint is that they're too good, I don't see that as being bad for the game.

I'm already watching zona, but you don't get it.. has nothing to do w/being UK. I was willing to accept what you posted about selfish players.. I agree w/that. But having a team this good ruins a season. Why invest yourself in something when you already know the outcome?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already watching zona, but you don't get it.. has nothing to do w/being UK. I was willing to accept what you posted about selfish players.. I agree w/that. But having a team this good ruins a season. Why invest yourself in something when you already know the outcome?

Well, you managed to spend 95% of the season convinced that UK wasn't as good as advertised, overrated, and otherwise destined to disappoint... Were you just in denial all that time? Uninformed? What happened in the last week that has so completely changed your mind that you now think UK is unstoppable.

After UK's last game you said in this thread in response to someone that said UK was going to win it all...

I'm not so sure anymore. There are a few teams that actually look better.. Duke for sure. UK just has a size and can sub a bunch of players in and out. I'm not even sure I'd really call them a 'talented' team after watching them play UC. At any rate, it's better for college basketball if we can get rid of UK altogether anyways.

Quite the turnaround for someone who hasn't even seen an entire game of basketball from them since.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, after tonights game what do you think? Is Kentucky too good, overrated, or bad for basketball for some other reason? Or did you not watch because you already knew the outcome?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after tonights game what do you think? Is Kentucky too good, overrated, or bad for basketball for some other reason? Or did you not watch because you already knew the outcome?

I don't know.. I have no idea what to thing about them. UK is a jekyl and hyde team. Sometimes they play well, but against better competition they don't look so good. They're really deep.. they just don't have many skilled players. But yeah, I do think it's bad to have a team that hoards this many all-americans. Especially since there was such a lack of talent everywhere else this year.