• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC has more Big East schools than founding members

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tobacco Road will never relinquish its basketball stronghold on the league.
Adding Syracuse and Louisville only makes things worse.

I don't think there is enough football schools to push for a football identity.
Until Notre Dame joins. It will never change.

West Virginia doesn't want to be part of a basketball first league.
They would love to play Pitt, Va Tech, and PSU.....but they are firmly a football school.

Except that they tried their luck with the ACC before the Big12. :laugh3:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that they tried their luck with the ACC before the Big12. :laugh3:

You clowns would have accepted us with open arms had the B12 takin Loserville instead. We prolly would have won a minimum of 8 games ever year in your league. Oh well, I like this league we're in now.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clowns would have accepted us with open arms had the B12 takin Loserville instead. We prolly would have won a minimum of 8 games ever year in your league. Oh well, I like this league we're in now.

Now the bold is just downright funny. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the bold is just downright funny. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Sure we'd lose to FSU or Clumpson, but we'd more then likely play only one every year. Now let's see can we win 5 out 7 over: BC/Syracuse/sPitt/Virginia/Wake Forest/VPI/UNC/Duke/GaTech/NC St/Miami. In what ever division we're in I think so.

It's tougher in the B12.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure we'd lose to FSU or Clumpson, but we'd more then likely play only one every year. Now let's see can we win 5 out 7 over: BC/Syracuse/sPitt/Virginia/Wake Forest/VPI/UNC/Duke/GaTech/NC St/Miami. In what ever division we're in I think so.

It's tougher in the B12.

Can win and doing it are two completely different things. With your current coaching staff and roster I would say 7-5 regular season.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can win and doing it are two completely different things. With your current coaching staff and roster I would say 7-5 regular season.

Depends on what division and cross-over games. Plus you got to figure we would lose a conference game and add an OOC game from what we play now. Jus sayin

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what division and cross-over games. Plus you got to figure we would lose a conference game and add an OOC game from what we play now. Jus sayin

Yeah but still this is not the WVU of Pat White and such. Tevon is gone as well. Try keeping people under 50 for an entire season then come back to me. :lol:

Been awhile bullshitting with you. Feels good to make some smart ass comments. How things been down your way?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but still this is not the WVU of Pat White and such. Tevon is gone as well. Try keeping people under 50 for an entire season then come back to me. :lol:

Been awhile bullshitting with you. Feels good to make some smart ass comments. How things been down your way?

Pat White wasn't the QB when we put 70 on yo conference champ, just sayin...

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat White wasn't the QB when we put 70 on yo conference champ, just sayin...

Really Clemson? They still have not figured out what defense is. Pat was the QB when WVU lost to a bad FSU team in the Gator bowl. And notice I also said Tevon is no longer there? Plus your QB is Clint Trickett. He needs to add 50 lbs just to stay upright. :lol:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really Clemson? They still have not figured out what defense is. Pat was the QB when WVU lost to a bad FSU team in the Gator bowl. And notice I also said Tevon is no longer there? Plus your QB is Clint Trickett. He needs to add 50 lbs just to stay upright. :lol:

Clemson was the ACC champ and No, that was Jarrett Brown and he got injured in the first half opening the door for a very young Geno Smith to get his first PT in Bobby Bowdens last game, We have more than enough talent to finish top 3 in the ACC, and we are down right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson was the ACC champ and No, that was Jarrett Brown and he got injured in the first half opening the door for a very young Geno Smith to get his first PT in Bobby Bowdens last game

That's right. Been too long ago. Don't feel bad we started a RS freshman in over his head that game. EJ Manuel.

Well if you believe all the hype though being ACC champ means nothing. :lol:

And I stand by my ball busting of Ralphie. Keep people under 50 for a season and come back to me.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right. Been too long ago. Don't feel bad we started a RS freshman in over his head that game. EJ Manuel.

Well if you believe all the hype though being ACC champ means nothing. :lol:

And I stand by my ball busting of Ralphie. Keep people under 50 for a season and come back to me.

We would keep yall under 50, the recipe is simple. Find some skank that smells like crab legs and put her on the WVU sideline :lol:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would keep yall under 50, the recipe is simple. Find some skank that smells like crab legs and put her on the WVU sideline :lol:

Touche. But I doubt it. You have the same problem Clemson does. The lost art of tackling! :suds:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think WVU was ever on the table in ACC meetings. Academic pride was too much at stake for the ACC to invite WVU and/or Louisville. But Louisville was the best option available when Maryland defected, so Swofford finally gave in. Luckily for the ACC, Louisville's athletic department is currently at the top of its game so it was a great move for ACC sports. The Big12 made a snap decision to add WVU when Texas was on the verge of leaving. Gotta wonder where WVU would be if they didn't have Ollie luck at the helm....probably in the AAC.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think WVU was ever on the table in ACC meetings. Academic pride was too much at stake for the ACC to invite WVU and/or Louisville. But Louisville was the best option available when Maryland defected, so Swofford finally gave in. Luckily for the ACC, Louisville's athletic department is currently at the top of its game so it was a great move for ACC sports. The Big12 made a snap decision to add WVU when Texas was on the verge of leaving. Gotta wonder where WVU would be if they didn't have Ollie luck at the helm....probably in the AAC.

Right now, I don't think academic pride means anything. It is what the College Presidents say, but they don't mean it. If ESPN tells the college presidents they will pay $50,000,000 if conference A invites Team B, the conference will do it. The college presidents are all whores for money. They will gladly lie on their backs or stomachs and take it for the cash.

Big 12 insisted on Academics being raised when it was formed, and the Big 12 took West Virginia.

ACC insists on high academic standards, yet North Carolina has outright cheated on academics, with another minor scandal at North Carolina now, and ACC took Louisville.

Using current US NEWS rankings
Big 12 lost
69. A&M
86. Colorado
97. Missouri
101. Nebraska (other Big 12 rankings 101 Kansas, 101 Oklahoma, 135 K State, 142 OSU, 161 Texas Tech )

Big 12 added
82. TCU
170. West Virginia

60% of the Big 12 is rated 101 or less by US News & World Report. Texas, Baylor, TCU and Iowa State are all rated between 51-100.

ACC Lost
62. Maryland

ACC added
161 Louisville

ACC also added
18. Notre Dame
62. Syracuse
62. Pittsburgh

But Louisville was the school that was added to replace Maryland once Maryland announced they were leaving.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hehe everything's good my way brotha, how's about you?

I imagine we'd have an easier time keeping folks under 50 in the ACC, considering the offenses in your league are not quite as adequate as the ones we face in ours. Cheers!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had WVU not been selected to the B12 it would have been Louisville. Which would mean WVU would be an ACC member. It's more then logical to think this.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehe everything's good my way brotha, how's about you?

I imagine we'd have an easier time keeping folks under 50 in the ACC, considering the offenses in your league are not quite as adequate as the ones we face in ours. Cheers!

Everything is good.

But to the bold please see the other post on tackling. One last thing. IOWA STATE!!! Come on now. :yahoo:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got 2 words for you Noles and Mountaineers,

FUCK YOU!!