• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC has more Big East schools than founding members

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effective July 1

Seven Big East Schools
Miami
Virginia Tech
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Boston College
Louisville
Notre Dame

Six Founding Members left
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Wake Forest
Virginia
Clemson

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effective July 1

Seven Big East Schools
Miami
Virginia Tech
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Boston College
Louisville
Notre Dame

Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Wake Forest
Virginia
Clemson

All they need now is a few basketball only programs making all the decisions and they are all set.:lol:

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effective July 1

Seven Big East Schools
Miami
Virginia Tech
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Boston College
Louisville
Notre Dame

Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Wake Forest
Virginia
Clemson

So is this a good thing or a bad thing?

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Don't know, I was researching the outcome of the Maryland/ ACC lawsuit and found out there is a mediator now. Make up whatever you want out of it.

The ACC has withheld Maryland payout monies for the last two years, Maryland Athletic Department took out a $21,000,000 loan to cover expenses, the 150+ million Maryland countersuit scared the ACC because the ACC might have to reveal financial documents and the ACC does not want to do that.

By being mediated, both sides can claim victory. Maryland won't pay any money, other than the withheld funds. The ACC can claim victory because they have $36,000,000(not verified, has ACC announced payouts for 2013-2014?) and the ACC won't have to reveal financial numbers.

A meeting about the settlement is supposed to happen by July 10 or so, yes, after Maryland joins the B1G. The mediator is from Maryland not North Carolina.

The question remains, does Maryland get any money from the ACC? Doubtful, but maybe. If anyone can claim injury it is Maryland at this time, and not the ACC.

Will the new B1G TV Contract bring riches to the B1G because of the addition of Maryland and Rutgers?

I just thought it was interesting that the ACC has more Big East members than founding members.

I also like how Maryland fans call the ACC the Association of Carolina Colleges.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in Football it would be 6 and 6 since ND was never a member of the BigEast and is not a member of the ACC in that sport.

Just saying that since this is the football forum.

Only original member not in the ACC anymore is Maryland.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in Football it would be 6 and 6 since ND was never a member of the BigEast and is not a member of the ACC in that sport.

Technically incorrect as South Carolina was a founding member.

Virginia was also not technically a founding member (original 7) when the ACC was created in June, though they were admitted in December of the same year.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nevermind, Cobra says the same thing.

Wasn't South Carolina in the ACC?

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I appreciate the technicality aspect of your argument but if Notre Dame Athletic Department gives up all of their Big East Championships then I will consider your argument has some merit. That is something like 126 Big East Titles.

So, all the headlines about Notre Dame joining the Big East in 1994 were wrong, all the headlines about Notre Dame leaving the Big East in 2012 were wrong, and all those headlines about Notre Dame joining the ACC were wrong. Please................

Swofford was creaming his pants when Notre Dame agreed to join the ACC. Swofford brags how Notre Dame is contractually obligated to join the ACC in football, if Notre Dame wants, until 2027.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically incorrect as South Carolina was a founding member.

Virginia was also not technically a founding member (original 7) when the ACC was created in June, though they were admitted in December of the same year.

True, but they left the same year FSU was invited to the ACC. 1992.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the technicality aspect of your argument but if Notre Dame Athletic Department gives up all of their Big East Championships then I will consider your argument has some merit. That is something like 126 Big East Titles.

So, all the headlines about Notre Dame joining the Big East in 1994 were wrong, all the headlines about Notre Dame leaving the Big East in 2012 were wrong, and all those headlines about Notre Dame joining the ACC were wrong. Please................

Swofford was creaming his pants when Notre Dame agreed to join the ACC. Swofford brags how Notre Dame is contractually obligated to join the ACC in football, if Notre Dame wants, until 2027.

Is ND an ACC FOOTBALL member? THat would be a big NO! That is how I qualified my statement about them NOT being an ACC team in that sport. Are they ACC members in "olympic sports"? Yes they are. ND is not a FULL MEMBER of the ACC. Just like they were not a FULL member of the Big East because their football team refused to join the conference due to the monetary loss they would take.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prove me wrong TJ. USCe joined the SEC in 1992. What year did FSU join the ACC? 1992.

Not sure what the hell that was for. I stated he was correct. I forgot about USCe being a founding member. Does not really matter USCe has had the same success in football in the SEC as they did in the ACC. Nothing of note except 1 ACC Championship and 1 SEC East Champs.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove me wrong TJ. USCe joined the SEC in 1992. What year did FSU join the ACC? 1992.

Not sure what the hell that was for. I stated he was correct. I forgot about USCe being a founding member. Does not really matter USCe has had the same success in football in the SEC as they did in the ACC. Nothing of note except 1 ACC Championship and 1 SEC East Champs.

usc left the acc in 1971 and was an independent when they joined the sec in 1992...but you keep being arrogant :thumb:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The University of South Carolina was a member of the Southern Conference for men's basketball and football from 1922 until it became a founding member of the Atlantic Coast Conference in 1953. The Gamecocks left the ACC in 1971, following numerous disputes over the ACC's recruiting regulations and the political dominance of the conference's four North Carolina schools.[5] USC then competed as an independent until 1983 when it joined the Metro Conference for all sports except football (which the Metro did not sponsor) and men's soccer. In 1991, the Gamecocks joined the Southeastern Conference when it increased its membership to 12 schools and split into two divisions.

South Carolina Gamecocks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
usc left the acc in 1971 and was an independent when they joined the sec in 1992...but you keep being arrogant :thumb:

There is that gator showing through. Oh the horror I forgot about USCe being an independent and joining another shit conference before taking the SEC route. Did they not both join their new conferences the same year? And in the scheme of things does it matter if I was incorrect on 1 part of it? Nope not at all. Except to you. Which is fine.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but they left the same year FSU was invited to the ACC. 1992.

this statement implies usc left the acc the same year fsu was invited to join...

you asked me to prove you wrong....

There is that gator showing through. Oh the horror I forgot about USCe being an independent and joining another shit conference before taking the SEC route. Did they not both join their new conferences the same year? And in the scheme of things does it matter if I was incorrect on 1 part of it? Nope not at all. Except to you. Which is fine.

proven incorrect as requested and yet continues to be an asshole.... :thumb:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this statement implies usc left the acc the same year fsu was invited to join...

you asked me to prove you wrong....

proven incorrect as requested and yet continues to be an asshole.... :thumb:

Yeah I am the asshole.

pot-kettle.gif

Now sure what crawled up your ass today, but damn dude. Here I will make it even better for you.

I deserve a huge one of these for being wrong about something.

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Even though I was correct on the other things.