• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC-B1G Challenge

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look for Sparty, Ohio State, and Wisconsin all to win tomorrow night. But I look for NC State and BC to also win. That leaves Miami to either show up or suck out loud. Of course, none of those games are givens. Will uNC show up? The team that ousted UofL or the team that took it up the buttocks against Belmont and UAB?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitino has the gophers playing very hard. They may just be a sleeper this year.

Though all of this is fun.....come March....not a one of us will remember any of this. There were some good games tonight. Both conferences are going to be represented in the madness.

Can't wait to see ya there. :suds:

IDK...Iowa played in a game where the losing team was just a few shots from 100 points. That is going to be hard to forget when March Madness comes around and Iowa is fighting to get in or get a decent seed or whatever.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look for Sparty, Ohio State, and Wisconsin all to win tomorrow night. But I look for NC State and BC to also win. That leaves Miami to either show up or suck out loud. Of course, none of those games are givens. Will uNC show up? The team that ousted UofL or the team that took it up the buttocks against Belmont and UAB?

I pray i am wrong but i think the Hoos win at home. GO WISCY

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray i am wrong but i think the Hoos win at home. GO WISCY

I'm looking at match ups. UVa doesn't line up well against Wisconsin. And they tend to play soft on the perimeter which given room, the Badgers will scorch them with threes. I just don't see the Wahoos pulling this one out. I hope I'm wrong.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G favored in 4 and ACC in 2 games for tomorrow.

Current lines are as follows

B1G favored
Ohio State -10 vs Maryland
Michigan State -9 vs North Carolina
Purdue -1 vs Boston College
Nebraska -4.5 vs Miami

ACC favored
Virginia -3.5 vs Wisconsin
NC State -8.5 vs Northwestern

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How different are UVA and Wiscy from last year? UVA strolled into Madison and got the win

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin already has beaten Florida and Notre Dame and come in undefeated. UVa lost at home to VCU. Joe Harris and Mitchell are tough match ups for Wisconsin. But a three guard offense makes Wisky a tougher match up for Virginia. To me, Wisconsin is just better right now. If UVa steps up and hits shots they can certainly win this game. But I look for Wisky to hard guard Harris and he is the key for the Wahoos.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa needs to get back to playing D. Last 2 games they are just trying to outscore people.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State, Michigan State, and NC State all look like chalk comfortable wins.
Virginia/Wisconsin is too close to call. I give the slight edge to the home team.
Purdue should be on upset alert as they are not a good team, but thankfully for them neither is BC.
Nebraska probably wins for no other reason than its a home game.

There are two possible "upset" games (UVA & Purdue), but I think they balance each other out.

I think it ends up 6-6.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the 'mehs' have it...

Illinois - meh...played well for 35 minutes.
Syracuse - whoa...deserves their current ranking.
Michigan - ugh...might be advised to dump pretensions and work hard for mediocrity.
Minnesota - meh...potential needs fine tuning & stamina.
Florida State - meh...another year, another cbb-hopes bubble deflating.
Duke - meh...just another loaded K-team playing beneath their hype & potential.
Indiana - ugh...Yogi? really? A mother names her son after a cartoon bear?
Notre Dame - meh...the Tripucka-mystique lives on and aggravatingly on, doesn't it?
Iowa - whoa...Marble and Fran's freak show headed for center stage?
Pittsburgh - meh...lions and panthers and boring in-state rivalries, o mai.
Penn State - meh...just 'meh.'
Georgia Tech - meh...although I had flashbacks to the MSU/GT 1990 s16 game all night (weird, eh?)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois - meh...played well for 35 minutes.
Syracuse - whoa...deserves their current ranking.
Michigan - ugh...might be advised to dump pretensions and work hard for mediocrity.
Minnesota - meh...potential needs fine tuning & stamina.
Florida State - meh...another year, another cbb-hopes bubble deflating.
Duke - meh...just another loaded K-team playing beneath their hype & potential.
Indiana - ugh...Yogi? really? A mother names her son after a cartoon bear?
Notre Dame - meh...the Tripucka-mystique lives on and aggravatingly on, doesn't it?
Iowa - whoa...Marble and Fran's freak show headed for center stage? Pittsburgh - meh...lions and panthers and boring in-state rivalries, o mai.
Penn State - meh...just 'meh.'
Georgia Tech - meh...although I had flashbacks to the MSU/GT 1990 s16 game all night (weird, eh?)

Ill tell you what H2S. If this Iowa team can figure out how to maintain their level of offense AND get back to playing the D they played last year this will be a SCARY SCARY good team. This team can legit score 85 ppg all year this year IMO. Now if they play D like they have the last 2 games they will have a nice year and probably win 25 or so again but not make a serious run in March but if they can figure out how to do BOTH???? Wow. The offense will be great because there is no way to really guard them. When you have 9 guys capable of dropping double digits every game, multiple ball handlers, multiple shooters and a guy that can take a game over in Marble.... Could be a great year.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill tell you what H2S. If this Iowa team can figure out how to maintain their level of offense AND get back to playing the D they played last year this will be a SCARY SCARY good team. This team can legit score 85 ppg all year this year IMO. Now if they play D like they have the last 2 games they will have a nice year and probably win 25 or so again but not make a serious run in March but if they can figure out how to do BOTH???? Wow. The offense will be great because there is no way to really guard them. When you have 9 guys capable of dropping double digits every game, multiple ball handlers, multiple shooters and a guy that can take a game over in Marble.... Could be a great year.

Luke: Got 'im! I got 'im!
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not approve this message. Don't you ever beat us again. GET BACK IN THE CELLAR!!!!!!!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Fran is a good coach. I remember when he signed with Wake Forest. He played only one year at Wake and he was supposed to be a Top 20 recruit but he never panned out. He ended up transferring to Pennsylvania. He did a heck of a job coaching at UNC Greensboro taking them to the NCAA's. He's a much better coach than he was a player. Good guy though. Oh, his nickname was "White Magic".LOL

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to mention it was interesting noting MSU transfer>Notre Dame Garrick Sherman's draining 29 points against Iowa last night...good to see he's found success elsewhere - kid couldn't cut cream cheese as a Spartan.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to mention it was interesting noting MSU transfer>Notre Dame Garrick Sherman's draining 29 points against Iowa last night...good to see he's found success elsewhere - kid couldn't cut cream cheese as a Spartan.

He played great last night although it sounds like more of an abberation than a trend... LOL

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How different are UVA and Wiscy from last year? UVA strolled into Madison and got the win

Wisconsin is a VERY different team this year. This year's Wisconsin team plays a more guard-oriented fast-paced offense. Overall, their offensive weapons are much better than last year and they are a better FT shooting team. Then again, you can thank Ryan Evans being a 38% FT shooter last year that crippled the offense and he was the most fouled player on the Badgers roster. Even the other guys they lost from last year's team were not good offensively.

Honestly, even as a Badger fan, I am amazed at how much different this team is from last year. It's like night and day.