• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

About time.....

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........the Steelers will be getting back to having a stud running back, do expect Najee Harris to delivery the goods. Conner didn't have that burst, not much wiggle.

John Henry Johnson was a beast, he knocked out wanna be tacklers with a wicked forearm shiver, totally illegal today, he was the roots to the tree, the first 1000 yard rusher, a Hall of Famer,

Speaking of Hall of Famers Franco Harris was one of the very best $$$$$ runners, played his best when it mattered the most.

Barry Foster, "Fast" Willie Parker, and of course another Hall of Famer Jerome "Bus" Bettis the best example of a big back with quick feet.

Now it's Najee Harris time and a potent Steelers running game AGAIN, life is good!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't forget one of my favorites Frank Pollard, loved his style.

Marion Motley????

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner was not the issue.
Conners durability was part of the issue. At least as far as him being productive.

I think a healthy Conner would be a 1000 yd rusher, even last year. But he never could stay on the field, so they did need to find someone else.

Steelers run problems last year, in order: Pouncey, Villanueva, Feiler, Okorafor. All well below the line of expecations. Even Decastro had problems. Mabey he was dealing with injuries, or just from having two problems on either side of him, I don't know.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers O-Line last year.

1620321989747.jpeg
1620321947522-jpeg.270273
waist-high-turnstile-fp500-s.png
David-DeCastro-Headshot.png
1620322117891.jpeg

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conners durability was part of the issue. At least as far as him being productive.

I think a healthy Conner would be a 1000 yd rusher, even last year. But he never could stay on the field, so they did need to find someone else.

Steelers run problems last year, in order: Pouncey, Villanueva, Feiler, Okorafor. All well below the line of expecations. Even Decastro had problems. Mabey he was dealing with injuries, or just from having two problems on either side of him, I don't know.

Conner came out of Pitt a 4.66 guy, more one cut power guy at 250 pounds, never.....nifty. He seemed to just get slower and slower, seriously doubr he;s breaking 4.75 at the
end,

If Harris plays 16 games in 2021, 1600 yards 4.6 average 12TD sounds about right.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner came out of Pitt a 4.66 guy, more one cut power guy at 250 pounds, never.....nifty. He seemed to just get slower and slower, seriously doubr he;s breaking 4.75 at the
end,

If Harris plays 16 games in 2021, 1600 yards 4.6 average 12TD sounds about right.
He was good in all phases. He was a powerful one-cut runner, and also had a lot of utility in the passing game, and pass blocking.

He was a quality starter when playing, but injury unreliability just ended it for him here.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was good in all phases. He was a powerful one-cut runner, and also had a lot of utility in the passing game, and pass blocking.

He was a quality starter when playing, but injury unreliability just ended it for him here.

After checking out his numbers, I have to ease up a bit, like that average per carry.

Bull at Pitt where I first noticed him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh agreed there. But it wasnt about his burst or ability to hit the hole. Thats all im saying. Commenting otherwise is ignorance to the situation.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
end,

Nope. Educate yourself on the steelers.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh agreed there. But it wasnt about his burst or ability to hit the hole. Thats all im saying. Commenting otherwise is ignorance to the situation.
Yup.

He missed 3 games entirely (2 to Covid) and didn't log more than 10 attempts in 5 other games due to various injuries from the season, and still had 721 yards rushing last season behind one of the most universally panned run offenses in the league. That's half the season.

Dude is still talented, we just couldn't trust him to be there.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, what?

I think I pretty much have the history of Steelers football covered.
Yet you dont know about the line or conner, at least correctly.

youve been told by two fans you’re wrong in your assessment. But you be you.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you dont know about the line or conner, at least correctly.

Well will drafting Harris fix the line? So why is Conner now gone?

Everyone who watched the Steelers play last season knew about the line problems, I assumed that was well known

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone who watched the Steelers play last season knew about the line problems, I assumed that was well known
Harris hopefully will be healthy to be playing all 17 games this season.
Conner is only gone because he missed way too much play time through multiple years.

The Steelers lost 3 pieces that were a liabiity. Villanueva, Pouncey and Feiler.

The Steelers gain Dotson at Left Guard, Green at Center. We still have a question of our tackles. Okorafor wasn't GOOD, but he was the least of the problems. That leaves Zach Banner. We really don't know with him. He was a great 3rd tackle, but we haven't seen him play much actual Tackle yet. Then there is Dan Moore who they don't expect to press into service yet.

Guards are good. Center is a rookie and a question, tackles are a question.

Lots of Steeler fans, myself included, clamored for early picks on the line, rather than skill position. Steeler FO went a different way.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. But will a rb fix the line? To 1600 yards? You also claimed it was conners burst n wiggle.

superbelt pretty much has things 100% spot on tbh.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris hopefully will be healthy to be playing all 17 games this season.
Conner is only gone because he missed way too much play time through multiple years.

The Steelers lost 3 pieces that were a liabiity. Villanueva, Pouncey and Feiler.

The Steelers gain Dotson at Left Guard, Green at Center. We still have a question of our tackles. Okorafor wasn't GOOD, but he was the least of the problems. That leaves Zach Banner. We really don't know with him. He was a great 3rd tackle, but we haven't seen him play much actual Tackle yet. Then there is Dan Moore who they don't expect to press into service yet.

Guards are good. Center is a rookie and a question, tackles are a question.

Lots of Steeler fans, myself included, clamored for early picks on the line, rather than skill position. Steeler FO went a different way.

You did draft a guard and a tackle, what 4th round? I use my first two picks on that O line, never draft any RB in the first round.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........the Steelers will be getting back to having a stud running back, do expect Najee Harris to delivery the goods. Conner didn't have that burst, not much wiggle.

John Henry Johnson was a beast, he knocked out wanna be tacklers with a wicked forearm shiver, totally illegal today, he was the roots to the tree, the first 1000 yard rusher, a Hall of Famer,

Speaking of Hall of Famers Franco Harris was one of the very best $$$$$ runners, played his best when it mattered the most.

Barry Foster, "Fast" Willie Parker, and of course another Hall of Famer Jerome "Bus" Bettis the best example of a big back with quick feet.

Now it's Najee Harris time and a potent Steelers running game AGAIN, life is good!

"do expect Najee Harris to delivery the good"

Of course you expect him to delivery the goods. So have you told any Steelers fan that you know more about the team than they do?

It's funny that your dumbfuckery has extended to the Steelers board.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did draft a guard and a tackle, what 4th round? I use my first two picks on that O line, never draft any RB in the first round.
Steelers drafted a Center who is expected to start, in the 3rd round. They also drafted a tackle who isn't expected to compete for time, in the 4th.

I'd have rather addressed both of those earlier. I wanted OL in the 1st and 2nd.

But the draft is done and these are our guys now, so we roll with this and root for our new players.

I doubt Green can do worse than last year's Pouncey. I know Dotson is an upgrade. He played at a pro-bowl level last year. We will have to see how Zach and Chuks do.