• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ABC freak out

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers will not take Allen. there last 2 first round picks were dlineman. Maybe another team jumps in the trade conversation. I don think the 49ers will wait until draft day. I think something will get done over the combine weekend. It may not be #2 overall but I can see multiple picks happening.

So wait... first it was we will get the #2 and another first rounder.

Two days ago it was, as long as we get the #2 pick IM ok with it

Now its as long as we get multiple picks Im ok with it

At what point do you offer your daughters virginity and lunch to Kyle Shannanan as long as he takes Kirk off our hands??

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off base for one reason... if we totally agree to his terms and THEN trade him... we would immediately eat his signing bonus/guaranteed money..... ALL of it. That would be a great deal for the niners even if they had to give up the two first rounders... which I still dont think they would do.

We are backed into a corner here. Either we pay him what he wants in order to keep him here. Or we take what we can get in a trade from the team he wants to go to. Otherwise we watch him walk next year for a 3rd rounder in 2019.
I keep reading that a possibility is KC playing in DC on the tag then walks next year. This scenario is NOT going to happen because of the obvious. He will sign long term or be traded, period!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait... first it was we will get the #2 and another first rounder.

Two days ago it was, as long as we get the #2 pick IM ok with it

Now its as long as we get multiple picks Im ok with it

At what point do you offer your daughters virginity and lunch to Kyle Shannanan as long as he takes Kirk off our hands??

I said this year 2nd and next years 1st. Combine weekend will tell us a lot in my opinion.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he is, but mainly because we screwed this up.

Thing is, I cant see as to how a trade and making the coach a lame duck is some how a good thing in any ones opinion. Because lets face it, if this team doesnt make the playoffs this year Gruden is fired. And you dont really think we make the playoffs with Colt McCoy do you??

I don't think any of us REALLY know what is going on behind closed doors. Therefor, I don't think any of us can REALLY know who screwed up what.

To me, both parties are "at fault" if there is fault to go around at all. it could be that this is simply the cost of doing business these days, i.e. the redskins are negotiating with a smart player/agent combo that is using their leverage wisely.

I can't fault the redskins for not paying KC a boatload of cash before this past season. He realistically had nine good games before the season ended. If they indeed offered an insulting $12 million / year for his services however, then they have a lot explain.

I can't really fault KC for using the franchise tag as masterfully as he is reportedly using it. When the redskins offer the franchise tag, he'll have made $44 million over two seasons at minimum. That IS straight up gangsta of him.

I think he's pretty crazy to think that there aren't ramifications that effect his overall safety / ability to avoid injury if he bleeds The Danny for as much as he can, though. I don't think, for example, the redskins can afford his contract, garcon's contract, AND an olinemen to help keep KC upright.

I have no idea how this will play out, but I damn sure hope the redskins come to their senses and pay the man long term.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of us REALLY know what is going on behind closed doors. Therefor, I don't think any of us can REALLY know who screwed up what.

To me, both parties are "at fault" if there is fault to go around at all. it could be that this is simply the cost of doing business these days, i.e. the redskins are negotiating with a smart player/agent combo that is using their leverage wisely.

I can't fault the redskins for not paying KC a boatload of cash before this past season. He realistically had nine good games before the season ended. If they indeed offered an insulting $12 million / year for his services however, then they have a lot explain.

I can't really fault KC for using the franchise tag as masterfully as he is reportedly using it. When the redskins offer the franchise tag, he'll have made $44 million over two seasons at minimum. That IS straight up gangsta of him.

I think he's pretty crazy to think that there aren't ramifications that effect his overall safety / ability to avoid injury if he bleeds The Danny for as much as he can, though. I don't think, for example, the redskins can afford his contract, garcon's contract, AND an olinemen to help keep KC upright.

I have no idea how this will play out, but I damn sure hope the redskins come to their senses and pay the man long term.

I will simply say this.... even if they paid Kirk $25M a year straight money... if they cant find a way to get 2 good D-lineman, a Safety, an ILB and a LG with $40M+ in cap space and ten draft picks....

Bruce, Scot and Gruden deserve to be fired.

This aint about IF we can afford Kirk and to improve the team. Its about them not wanting to pay Kirk period.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding trading KC:

Swapping #17 for #2, a future #1 pick, and KC is not enough of a deal if I'm the redskins.

Getting the niners second round pick and a #1 next year isn't enough either, if I'm the redskins.

The deal should BEGIN at two #1's. If the niners don't want to give up this year's #1 pick, then I'd take next year's second round pick, and the next two first round picks if I was the redskins.

It's in the redskins interest to keep KC for the year under the franchise tag if they don't get a deal they like and transition tag him next year.

That way the redskins will have two full drafts to build a team that is stout along both lines, with playmakers and depth (assuming GMSM makes good picks).

Of course, the redskins could then, in two years, become ---- the Texans (as ehb pointed out, I believe): a team with playmakers on offense and defense led by an overpaid mediocre qb, looking for a good qb.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will simply say this.... even if they paid Kirk $25M a year straight money... if they cant find a way to get 2 good D-lineman, a Safety, an ILB and a LG with $40M+ in cap space and ten draft picks....

Bruce, Scot and Gruden deserve to be fired.

This aint about IF we can afford Kirk and to improve the team. Its about them not wanting to pay Kirk period.

Disagree, with the #17 pick in the draft. D Linemen and safeties are expensive in free agency. guards and ILB's are not.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, with the #17 pick in the draft. D Linemen and safeties are expensive in free agency. guards and ILB's are not.

I think you missed my point. Even if they gave Kirk a deal that averaged $25M a year and cost $25M this year against the cap...

We have 10 draft picks and $40M+ in cap space AFTER Kirks deal.

So again if they cant find 2 good D-lineman, a starting safety and a starting ILB between 10 draft picks and $40M in free agency cap space... something is very wrong.

That $40M+ doesnt count cuts that should be made, or reworks of deals that can be done.

So again I say, its not that we cant afford Kirk and to improve the team... its that some one in the FO doesnt WANT to afford Kirk.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he is, but mainly because we screwed this up.

Thing is, I cant see as to how a trade and making the coach a lame duck is some how a good thing in any ones opinion. Because lets face it, if this team doesnt make the playoffs this year Gruden is fired. And you dont really think we make the playoffs with Colt McCoy do you??

We've got to share different ideas on this whole fiasco -- If Cousins is traded for anything less than multiple picks, that don't include a swap - I'd have to assume SMGM was given Synder's blessing to erase all traces of Gruden.
Yes, a flop of a season would seem almost desired. Scott would accelerate his rebuild, have multiple picks and likely go heavy in FA to save his own job. I'm still puzzled by his pathetic attempts to put a defense on the field last year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got to share different ideas on this whole fiasco -- If Cousins is traded for anything less than multiple picks, that don't include a swap - I'd have to assume SMGM was given Synder's blessing to erase all traces of Gruden.
Yes, a flop of a season would seem almost desired. Scott would accelerate his rebuild, have multiple picks and likely go heavy in FA to save his own job. I'm still puzzled by his pathetic attempts to put a defense on the field last year

Within 48 hours we will know which tag they put on Cousins.

By Monday we will know if the Skins are trying to actually deal him or work out a deal with him.

By this time next week we will have rumors of what the Niners are offering.

If the NIners are gonig to make a deal, boith teams will want to have a trade in place before FA starts as the ide of who is at QB will have a direct affect on what FA's both teams will target.

So the only way this drags out til July is if a trade isnt in place by Monday, because that will mean there is a chance Kirk plays here on the tag.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article. So here is my point even if offered eh Luck deal KC is just going to turn it down anyways b/c he can make more on the open market. So we have to trade him b/c even if tagged this year, he is gone in 2018 and we get a 3rd round pick in 2018.

Now if the 49ers jump in and say we want him now and don't want to take the risk of losing him in 2018 then we should be able to get ample draft compensation. So it all comes down to KC if he wants to stay here or not. KC could force a trade to SF and the Redskins would have to honor it b/c he has all the leverage in this deal.

So the only way he signs a long term deal with us is if he takes the Luck deal which is a discount. If KC is all about the money he will either force a trade to SF or play on the tag and become UFA in 2018. Lets hope we get ample draft compensation from SF b/c I don't think KC wants to stay here and win here. This is why I said greed takes over.

Thoughts.

I am trying to understand your logic. If you were negotiating an employment contract & your employer offered you a reasonable amt yet you saw a very good opportunity for much more & had an agent who could facilitate this w/ absolutely no risk you would simply say "Nah - I don't want to be greedy - let's just take the lower amt"?

I call bullshit. You would at least consider the higher amt & that is what Cousins is doing here. He is trying to establish what he can get on the open mkt before proceeding. We have no idea what amt they settle on until we here actual facts coming from either side. There is also the fact that the Redskins disrespected him last offseason. Are you honestly maintaining that this would not be a factor for you if your were in a similar situation? Doubt it.

You are trying to portray Cousins being traded as a winning situation for the Redskins. If so exactly what are they going to do at QB moving fwd especially since it is a given that Garcon & Jackson will leave if Cousins is gone & they will likely need to overpay any incoming WRs (since Cousins will be gone & the franchise will look like a mess & the fact that the head coach will very likely be fired after this season).

You might want to think this whole thing through before being so quick to wanting to kick Cousins to the curb.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to understand your logic. If you were negotiating an employment contract & your employer offered you a reasonable amt yet you saw a very good opportunity for much more & had an agent who could facilitate this w/ absolutely no risk you would simply say "Nah - I don't want to be greedy - let's just take the lower amt"?

I call bullshit. You would at least consider the higher amt & that is what Cousins is doing here. He is trying to establish what he can get on the open mkt before proceeding. We have no idea what amt they settle on until we here actual facts coming from either side. There is also the fact that the Redskins disrespected him last offseason. Are you honestly maintaining that this would not be a factor for you if your were in a similar situation? Doubt it.

You are trying to portray Cousins being traded as a winning situation for the Redskins. If so exactly what are they going to do at QB moving fwd especially since it is a given that Garcon & Jackson will leave if Cousins is gone & they will likely need to overpay any incoming WRs (since Cousins will be gone & the franchise will look like a mess & the fact that the head coach will very likely be fired after this season).

You might want to think this whole thing through before being so quick to wanting to kick Cousins to the curb.
He doesn't care all he sees are draft picks

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A trade would be a win for the Redskins b/c I personally believe he is not worth the money that he will be asking for. Kc knows he has everyone by the balls so I'm thinking his contract demands will be high. I could be wrong and he could sign with us with a fair deal. I do not believe he deserves more money than Luck, I don't care what the market dictates. If the 49ers put a fair trade offer on the table I believe we will take it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade would be a win for the Redskins b/c I personally believe he is not worth the money that he will be asking for. Kc knows he has everyone by the balls so I'm thinking his contract demands will be high. I could be wrong and he could sign with us with a fair deal. I do not believe he deserves more money than Luck, I don't care what the market dictates. If the 49ers put a fair trade offer on the table I believe we will take it.

So is this simply because you are old school & don't believe that athletes deserve big contracts unless they have say won multiple SBs or been NFL MVP a few times? It sounds like you don't really care about Cousins impact on the cap (which won't be that big of a deal as numerous folks have stated) but rather just have an issue with someone making a lot of money (where you don't feel it is deserved). If this is the case - get over it already. If not Cousins then it is very likely you are going to see this situation with someone else on the Redskisn at a later date.

I still don't believe that you realize that this whole thing could have a very negative impact on this franchise that won't be overcome by a few draft picks. This organization is at a crossroads & they need to keep heading in the rt direction & not start up yet another rebuild that could wind up going nowhere.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins xclusive tag KC

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If things unfold in this manner I will be beyond depressed. The Redskins will be 3 years into the SM era (when initially many of us had very high hopes) and will still not really know if this team is heading in the rt direction. You can't keep blowing the whole thing up & starting again & that is essentially what they would be doing if they move on w/o Cousins.