• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Murray = Over-Rated QB

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Aaron Murray and the Dawgs!!

aaron-murray-4_3_r560.jpg

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how you good folks can't read. I just said that Murray is a fine QB, did you miss that? I just pointed out that in those big games, Murray was failed by those around him. Did you miss that? I just said that time will tell as to how good he really is. Did you miss that? Facts are facts. Georgia has won a lot of games, mostly against inferior competition, but they haven't won in the clutch. They've made it to the SEC Championship game, including in the year in which I saw Murray fail against my team, a team that you folks seem to love finding fault with. Now, we can argue all night as to whether this was his fault, the coach's fault, the team's fault, or maybe the fact that Georgia sucks when playing in the Georgia Dome in front of 80,000 home fans. Or maybe a combination of all of these, who am I to say? All I know is this, the best deliver when all the chips are on the table. Murray hasn't.

So, tell me, which of those things are incorrect?

My reading comprehension is fine. Your revisionist history is laughable. :laugh3:

Here is what you originally said:

While Murray is unquestionably a fine QB, the fact is that he has not delivered in the clutch. The only time I saw him in person, my team sacked him 6 or 7 times, intercepted him 2 or 3 times, and watched him spend the rest of the time mostly running for his life in a game in which Boise dominated. His record in big games is not that stellar. The only teams he seems be able to beat consistently are Florida, the lower end SEC schools, and rent-mule teams.

Year after year, Georgia gets top end recruiting classes, but they never quite live up to the hype. Murray always seem one peg away from the top notch in my view. I wouldn't call that being overrated, but he's certainly not quite the QB that the numbers would suggest. Time will tell.

Let me break it down for you:

1. He is a fine QB, but has not delivered in the clutch.
2. When I saw him in person he was sacked 6 or 7 time, intercepted him 2 or 3 times, and he ran for his life most of the game.

Can you not see the stupidity in that statement? How in the world would you expect a QB that, by your very description, was sacked 6-7 times, and ran for his life all not long, to excel? A knowledgeable football fan would understand that you can't lay that on Murray ... the best QB in the world isn't going to deliver in the clutch from his backside.

At no point in your original post did you indicate that he was failed by those around him. You said he did not deliver in the clutch; "he" can only beat Florida, lower end SEC teams and rent-a-mule teams (excluding Boise, of course); he is one peg away from top notch; and while not overrated isn't the QB the numbers indicated. Do you see anywhere there where you said that his team failed around him? Didn't think so.

Now you come back, and instead of saying, "I was being the dumbass I typically am," you try to make it sound like we can't read and you focus totally on the team not Murray. That is until the final line where you say that Murray, not the team, has not delivered when the chips are on the table.

I'll pose my hypothetical to you again ... swap McCarron and Murray. Tell me the results of Bama and UGa over the past 3 years. Do you really think there would have been a difference?

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, where'd all these Georgia fans come from?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more impressed with Met. Georgia had WRs running wide open through the LSU secondary. Seemed like there was a lot of busted coverages. Murray was still very good, but rarely do you see a Chavis run LSU defense look poorly coached.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told a friend Saturday that games like LSU were why he came back. All the individual stuff isn't that important to him.. wanted to shed the "overratted" tag, which I thought was always dumb to an extent.

So far this year, he's done everything I could have asked

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated* since it wouldn't let me edit

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told a friend Saturday that games like LSU were why he came back. All the individual stuff isn't that important to him.. wanted to shed the "overratted" tag, which I thought was always dumb to an extent.

So far this year, he's done everything I could have asked
-
It has been stupid. He has won plenty of big games. He played great in the SEC champ game last yr. Games he has lost as been more about the Georgia OL than Murray.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
It has been stupid. He has won plenty of big games. He played great in the SEC champ game last yr. Games he has lost as been more about the Georgia OL than Murray.

I also heard a stat that in Murray's starts against ranked opponents, if you take away the six we got from Florida last year, we had forced less than a turnover a game... hard to beat good teams like that

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks pretty good after the win over LSU.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has a losing record against ranked teams.

AaronMurray.jpg

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has a losing record against ranked teams.

AaronMurray.jpg

I think Driskel; has a winning record vs ranked teams. Kind of tells you what that stat means.