• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

aaron green is transfering?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.. he thought itd be cool b/c everytime he trolls me by reading SportsHoopla he sees racist shit, and all that goes on here.. :L

My bad, sirs

inb4 "ilietotheskool"

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not personally mad at Aaron green.

I'm more just mad at the FACT that this happened.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im mad that AG is a whining baby.

What a pussy, and thats a term i do feel is in order here

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's def a gutless pussy. That's the difference between guys like him and Tommy

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=1555187

"You have to realize coming to Nebraska was the first time I ever left home," he recalled. "The farthest north I’d ever been was southern Alabama, so that was a long haul for me. Let me tell you, there were some nights where I got real homesick, and there was a time I was about to leave, wasn’t I?" Frazier asked his former teammates, who nodded affirmatively in the audience.

Frazier got so homesick, in fact, he remembers getting on the phone, calling his mom and asking her if he could come home. "’You can come home," she said, "but you ain’t going to live here,’" Tommie related. "I had no choice; I had to stay. But everything worked out okay – in football and in life."

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kid tried and it didn't work out.

end of story

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kid tried and it didn't work out.

end of story

The kid tried... Got beat out by Rex... cried... Got beat out by Ameer... cried... Couldnt wait til fall to actually get pt... Cried... Will go to Tulsa or some gay school... and cry more

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to hear this "he needs to be happy. He's seeking happiness" bullshit.

WTF? College football isn't a day spa.

That is soft, weak person talk.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Actually using racial slurs, name calling, and all out personal attacks to describe a young man who's uncomfortable w/ his current situation is weak talk. He obviously didn't make this decision overnight and I'm sure it wasn't an easy one.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Actually using racial slurs, name calling, and all out personal attacks to describe a young man who's uncomfortable w/ his current situation is weak talk. He obviously didn't make this decision overnight and I'm sure it wasn't an easy one.

are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif

You are the most sensitive little bitch. I swear.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand you older dudes don't feel right being pissed at someone more than half your age. And chuckles still see's all these guys as glistening greek gods.

I just see it a whole lot different than you older peeps.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with RA.

This kid made a tough decision and I hope it works out for him. If he didn't want to be a Husker then its best he leaves. He isn't leaving trashing the school or the program, so we should respect his decision.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote AG off last year when he started with the attitude that he should be getting more game time, no matter what. The End

What pisses me off is the attitude of today's kids thinking they should be handed the world without even lifting a finger or even one single drop of sweat.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As his parents
As his coaches
As his friends
As his teammates
As his guidance counselors

I would suspect his issue has been discussed with all of those folks above months ago, and they likely suggested he stick it out a bit longer and maybe his perspective would change and if it didn't then he needed to do what's best for Aaron.

This isn't an overnight development.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote AG off last year when he started with the attitude that he should be getting more game time, no matter what. The End

What pisses me off is the attitude of today's kids thinking they should be handed the world without even lifting a finger or even one single drop of sweat.

That's what I'm pissed about. This sense of entitlement.

I know pro's and college are different, but there is something called the Patriot way. It means there are no superstars. It means do your job. It means buying into the team.

I'm in the acceptance phase. If he wasn't going to do it the Husker way, and he wasn't going to act like a husker and buy into the team, then he was a cancer and needed to go.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As his parents
As his coaches
As his friends
As his teammates
As his guidance counselors

I would suspect his issue has been discussed with all of those folks above months ago, and they likely suggested he stick it out a bit longer and maybe his perspective would change and if it didn't then he needed to do what's best for Aaron.

This isn't an overnight development.

Certainly not.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree brasky. I dont think I would see it differently if I knew how much money we spent on him. Because things like this happen. Kids transfer, life goes on

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree brasky. I dont think I would see it differently if I knew how much money we spent on him. Because things like this happen. Kids transfer, life goes on

Yep and recruiting goes on. Because we are not in on any top flight running backs and it's almost may.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AG will go to the school who's HC promises him the starting job. Fact.

He's not interested in earning anything. He expects the job to be handed to him.

You just watch. He'll pick the first school that say's "You are the guy. Day one you will be our guy."

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand this about departing running back Aaron Green: It wasn’t easy to leave Nebraska after his freshman season.
One day after the cancelled spring game, Aaron told his parents he was considering a transfer closer to home, his mother, Charlar Green, said Monday.
“He prayed and prayed on it for a week,” Charlar Green said. “It was a very, very, very difficult decision.”
One that had nothing to do with senior running back Rex Burkhead, whom Aaron Green “really, really admired and gained a lot from” in one year, Charlar Green said.
“Rex brought 110 percent everyday,” Charlar Green said. “I don’t care if it was practice or whatever. He taught Aaron a lot. He had no beef with Rex.” And Aaron Green became quick, good friends with fellow freshman running back Ameer Abdullah.
But Green’s a driven kid – you talk to him two times and you can tell that — and with Burkhead, Abdullah and quarterback Taylor Martinez all taking carries away, Green’s chance to show off his skills would have been limited in 2012. That’s simple math. One ball. Four potential ball carriers. And that doesn’t count Alabama transfer Mike Marrow.
So, when coach Bo Pelini confirmed Green’s departure, it was one less playmaker for Nebraska offense. And perhaps one more playmaker, if sophomore Braylon Heard returns to running back after a spring at corner.
Coaches asked Heard to switch to defensive back because, between he, Abdullah and Green, Heard was the only guy versatile enough to do it. And knowing that coach Bo Pelini likes to stockpile speed on the defensive side of the ball, Heard may stay where he is.
Should he move back? Yes. Pull the trigger on it, especially if Pelini feels like Ciante Evans is a clear-cut starter at nickel corner. Heard’s a good, tough runner who can spring the big play, too.
Meanwhile, Abdullah is the clear-cut No. 2 behind Burkhead. He was the No. 2 guy last year, too, and coupled with his kickoff and punt returns, he played a bigger factor on the field than Green, who came to Lincoln with the more polished recruiting resume.
Abdullah, interestingly enough, was a late addition to the 2011 recruiting class when it looked like Heard wouldn’t academically qualify. That he took on Green, a Texas prep legend for several years, toe-to-toe was a surprise to Husker fans. It might have been a surprise to Green, although he and Abdullah became quick friends.
But Abdullah’s high school tape was terrific. And high school football in Alabama — especially where Abdullah was playing – is plenty comparable to Texas 5A.
I saw both of them first last summer during Football 202, running sprints. Like wide receiver Kenny Bell, Jr. is every bit the athlete Jamal Turner is, Abdullah was every bit the specimen and athlete in those drills as Green. One was a three-star. One was a five-star. Just symbols on a message board.
So while losing Green is tough — he had a big spring camp — Abdullah brings plenty to the table. And he’s around for three more years. If Heard moves back that’s another proven athlete. Imani Cross has great potential – if he’s ready to build on it at the college level, which can be hard for big backs.
A transfer of Green’s caliber is rarely a good thing. But could it be worse? Yes.