• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Gordon just got robbed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the competition but judging by the difficulty of AG's dunks, how on earth did he lose? Which judge do i need to fuck up!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should give the fans the vote in a close call like that. They do with almost everything else during All Star weekend.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate, seemed like from the start it was just gonna be for LaVine to show off and win again and I thought he had it wrapped up before the final round. Then Gordon had awesome dunk after awesome dunk. I probably would have given LaVine around 90-95 for the final 2 dunks and 100 for Gordon.

I guess I have a problem with the judging scale as a whole. If you miss, you should get between 0-2 depending on difficulty. Barton's dunk should have been around a 7-8 from each judge and Drummond's should have been like a 5.

Gordon definitely gets a 50 for the second mascot dunk, but the 50s need to be reserved for a dunk that truly blows everyone's mind. Lavine's behind the back dunk should have been a 45 or so, and the between the legs are closer to 40 because we have seen that from him before.

I am no dunkologist, but that is my opinion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone gets 8s and 9s for good, not great dunks, there is not enough room to differentiate for the truly special ones.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone gets 8s and 9s for good, not great dunks, there is not enough room to differentiate for the truly special ones.

This. Based on their scoring system Gordon's "sit in mid air dunk" was worth 60 points, and that spinning mascot one with perfect timing would've been worth more than 50 as well.

I hate the judging system, it's been flawed for a while but no one cared because there haven't been any great battles like this for a looooong time.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the final round they should have all the judges wait until both players have performed their dunk(s) before they score.

Maybe even alter the scoring system as well where all the judges have to huddle up and discuss what they liked more about each player's dunk.

The 50 point system works best to advance a group of dunkers but when it is head to head there are 50 point dunks that are better than other 50 point dunks. That's when discussion and deliberation should come into play.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the final round they should have all the judges wait until both players have performed their dunk(s) before they score.

Maybe even alter the scoring system as well where all the judges have to huddle up and discuss what they liked more about each player's dunk.

The 50 point system works best to advance a group of dunkers but when it is head to head there are 50 point dunks that are better than other 50 point dunks. That's when discussion and deliberation should come into play.
Great idea

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Announcers brought up the good point. It's hard to judge two 50s against each other. Like even if Gordon's dunk was awesome. It's still a 50 from Lavine. Since we can't go higher.

LaVines dunks ended up looking more insane when you see them on some of the videos people took their live.

Gordon's over the mascot one was definitely the best. And the spinning mascot one was up there too.

It's tough though with the scoring. Gordon's first dunk was also just ok. And I don't think he could do Lavines free throw take off dunks.

It was just a great show. And they should bring both back next year for a 10 round 1 vs 1 battle.

Fuck bringing dead weight. There are never 4 good Dunkers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gordon's dunks were more original and overall he had the best dunk out of them all (under not through the legs jumping over the mascot). While Green did 3 dunks from the free throw line, two of them were pretty impossible. The under the legs from basically the free throw line is like video game shit just like some of Gordon's dunk. The best dunk compeitition ever IMO. Especially the fact they kept getting them down on their first attempt and they had to start making shit up bc they kept getting 50's. Crazy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Announcers brought up the good point. It's hard to judge two 50s against each other. Like even if Gordon's dunk was awesome. It's still a 50 from Lavine. Since we can't go higher.

LaVines dunks ended up looking more insane when you see them on some of the videos people took their live.

Gordon's over the mascot one was definitely the best. And the spinning mascot one was up there too.

It's tough though with the scoring. Gordon's first dunk was also just ok. And I don't think he could do Lavines free throw take off dunks.

It was just a great show. And they should bring both back next year for a 10 round 1 vs 1 battle.

Fuck bringing dead weight. There are never 4 good Dunkers.

Why was Lavine's dunk a 50 though?

50s should be reserved for "that was the best dunk I have ever seen", not merely a great dunk. Why the hell do they even have a 10 point scale if misses get 5s and weak dunks get 7s?

judges need to start off scoring low, so they have to go up as the dunks get better and better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to tell you that.

Yeah I heard Stephen A on First Take this morning and Shaq point was if you don't connect on the first attempt, he can't give you a 10 which makes total sense.

This was the best dunk contest ever though. The dunks MJ and Nique were doing looks so bad when you see what guys are doing these days

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard Stephen A on First Take this morning and Shaq point was if you don't connect on the first attempt, he can't give you a 10 which makes total sense.

This was the best dunk contest ever though. The dunks MJ and Nique were doing looks so bad when you see what guys are doing these days

That's what makes Lavines look great.

They showed his and MJs side by side and they really weren't even comparable.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Gordon's double pump dunk compared to dominiques

Yup noticed that too.

And it's also just how fluid LaVine and Gordon made these dunks look. Looks like they are gracefully gliding through the air.

And almost every dunk was done on the first try.