• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Dobson

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add....he's not at practice today so that's more than likely the reason why he got a DNP in the 2nd half of the Broncos game.

Hope he didn't pull anything. If nothing else he can run fast and take the top off the D.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not have any real depth at the TE position that's a crock not sure where the hell you got that notion from, I guess the same place that convinced you Dobson is the best receiver on the team. When we had Gronk and Aaron the offense was really good, scary some might say. If we can bring in another skilled TE like Aaron with this new crop of potentially good reciver and our stable of RBs this offsense becomes flat out scary all the way around. That is why TE should be a priority but only if the right type TE is there, we do not need another Gronk type. The sure up the O Line to provide extra protection just adds the icing to the cake.

As for the defense we have been addressing that quite a bit the last few years, to many young guys to just go out and get more, some are starting to show real potential. I could see the need for a DE opposite Jones, But if Wilfork comes back and Kelly and Armestead I can't see D Line as a real priority. Collins is starting to figure it out, rather than draft a cover type LB I would like to pick up a vet.

My bottom line by taking the right TE and securing the O Line this team will score enough points that the D becomes a lesser priority. And please remember with all the darn injuries they have been good enough. TE IMO would be a great early choice for the Pats.

Chandler Jones was just named AFC D-player of the month. I think this defense has stepped up and would be a lot more SB worthy if not for the injuries. I'd still like to see them add an imposing inside player from the draft next year to add to the rotation. It'll be gravy if Armstead can play but that wishful thinking aside...I like what Chris Jones and Vellano have shown. They don't look like starters but they can fill a solid role like Mike Wright did.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler Jones was just named AFC D-player of the month. I think this defense has stepped up and would be a lot more SB worthy if not for the injuries. I'd still like to see them add an imposing inside player from the draft next year to add to the rotation. It'll be gravy if Armstead can play but that wishful thinking aside...I like what Chris Jones and Vellano have shown. They don't look like starters but they can fill a solid role like Mike Wright did.

There is a DT at Pitt this year I think it was Pitt he impressed me. But I would really prefer another rush DE. Spikes is great at run stop just sucks in pass defense.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a DT at Pitt this year I think it was Pitt he impressed me. But I would really prefer another rush DE. Spikes is great at run stop just sucks in pass defense.

Not sold on Buchannon? I think he has the potential to be something close to CJ. Kid has the looks, and was not playing at the weight he was suppose to while as a SR. I think he can fill the role, but would not mind a Vet, other than Carter.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sold on Buchannon? I think he has the potential to be something close to CJ. Kid has the looks, and was not playing at the weight he was suppose to while as a SR. I think he can fill the role, but would not mind a Vet, other than Carter.

Sold on? No! But I do agree there is a lot of potential. I hope he can play the left side, Chandler is the RDE and Buchannon is for all intent a RDE

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way they're going to be the defense they could have been, but if Collins can be a mini-Mayo, they're nowhere near as bad on defense as they by all rights should be.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is bigger, stronger, faster, and has better hands. The chemistry with Brady isn't there yet as it is common knowledge that that takes time to develop, but he is better than any other WR on the team with every measurable part of his skill set.

I mean that's not saying much. Amendola and Edelman both are slots WR's so comparing isn't really worth it. After that we basically have no one other then Thompkins and Dobson and Thompkins has been a lot better. What has Dobson shown you? I just think you've always been high on him since he drafted him. He hasn't done basically anything in NE.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that's not saying much. Amendola and Edelman both are slots WR's so comparing isn't really worth it. After that we basically have no one other then Thompkins and Dobson and Thompkins has been a lot better. What has Dobson shown you? I just think you've always been high on him since he drafted him. He hasn't done basically anything in NE.

He's our second leading receiver and tied for the lead in TDs. Edelman may have more value this year because he has chemistry with Brady, but Dobson is still the better receiver. Dobson is a better receiver and has contributed more to this team than Amendola.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sold on? No! But I do agree there is a lot of potential. I hope he can play the left side, Chandler is the RDE and Buchannon is for all intent a RDE

I agree. When said sold, I was not talking about this yr, but down the road. I thought he has played well when given the chance. I think BB worked him out by himself, so that tells ya he thinks there is something. I guess as a Jr he was very good then broke his jaw and lost 20pds. I guess his Sr yr he was just not big enough and got man handled at times.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM, you are overplaying the chemistry card. You are correct that this is still an issue but it is not the only issue. He is still trying to catch some balls into his body. The 8 yard pass on first down from Brady has been too hot for him to handle. I think he is much better on second down for some reason.

I still like Dobson. Him not playing because of a foot means nothing. We are developing him into what we want from him. He will be a big play presence and with playing time and coaching, he will be more sure handed. He is already a lot better than where he started but those stats stay on the record.

At this point in his career, he is exactly what we hoped for with better things to come.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career, he is our most talented receiver. The only receiver more productive than him has been Edelman.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career, he is our most talented receiver. The only receiver more productive than him has been Edelman.

I do appreciate that you try to make us all laugh.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The productivity is a fact that I have already backed up. Edelman's only edge over Dobson is his familiarity with Brady.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The productivity is a fact that I have already backed up. Edelman's only edge over Dobson is his familiarity with Brady.

The smart fish swims around the bait, takes a good look at the bait, and then swims away.....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

The fact remains that Edelman is the only patriot with more receiving yards than Dobson.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He may be the most talented but as far as Dobson having "the best hands on the team" goes...you're just wrong.

Fact: He had the second highest percentage of drops in the league through his first seven games.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman is cursed to be chronically underrated. The only player on this roster I'd rather see get the ball when the game's on the line is Gronk, and Gronk is... well, Gronk is Gronk.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge fan of Edelman. He's a great underneath guy. But he can't go get the ball.