• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Dobson

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many here were discounting Edelman before the season. I was ridiculed for implying he is a good receiver

I was damn sure one of the sceptics, I now stand corrected.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many here were discounting Edelman before the season. I was ridiculed for implying he is a good receiver

I've been driving the bandwagon since early last year :D

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been driving the bandwagon since early last year :D

Last year they took a calculated risk and signed Edelman for one year due to injuries, it could be a big mistake if he can stay healthy. Ditto for Talib. Does anyone have confidence in Belchick picking another WR or CB in the draft to replace them? I don't but that may be just me.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year they took a calculated risk and signed Edelman for one year due to injuries, it could be a big mistake if he can stay healthy. Ditto for Talib. Does anyone have confidence in Belchick picking another WR or CB in the draft to replace them? I don't but that may be just me.

Talib was offered a multi-year deal and preferred the one year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if I am considered one. I love Edelman; he just has limitations and isn't a number one guy.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edelman is going to be tough this offseason. Talib signed a one year deal because that's what he wanted - a one year deal. He'll be tough to sign as well but they didn't really have the option of locking him up long-term unless they were willing to give him a huge contract, and with his history that'd have been at least as much of a gamble as the one year deal.

I hope they can retain Edelman, Talib and Spikes. My sense is that Edelman and Talib probably stay (albeit at higher numbers), Spikes probably walks.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Edelman will be cheaper, but if the cost was close to comparable I'd keep spikes over Edelman.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib was offered a multi-year deal and preferred the one year.

You're talking apples and oranges again. They could have signed him to a long term deal last year for a lot less than it will take in 2014 but they didn't make a good enough offer. Two teams offered a longer term deal but he wanted to test the market in 2014 and now it looks like a Patriot mistake.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't. The multi-year deal was very fair considering the risk associated with the deal at the time. Assuming upside gets you burned, time after time.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't. The multi-year deal was very fair considering the risk associated with the deal at the time. Assuming upside gets you burned, time after time.

Who do you think made the right decision? He'll break the bank next year. Now we'll have to hope Ryan and Dennard can play the positions because it'll be an epic shocker if they manage to sign him.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think made the right decision? He'll break the bank next year. Now we'll have to hope Ryan and Dennard can play the positions because it'll be an epic shocker if they manage to sign him.

Patriots have always had a hard line, they make an offer and have a number they will not go beyond, that's why a lot of players end up leaving the organization.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both sides made the best decisions for themselves. That is a possible outcome, you know.