• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Curry traded to the Raiders

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, didnt see that coming. I thought the Eagles would have gotten him. I wonder how he would play over there.
The Raiders have some nice pieces on there team. Seems like all of their starting linebackers are guys who were studds in college and didnt make it with their previous team now they are playing well.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Many people thought Curry was the biggest sure thing in the draft his year. I haven't watched many of his games, what was his downfall?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't do anything special. He's very average.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal for the Raiders i think. I have a feeling he's going to do well in Oakland. Who's pulling the strings for them now anyways?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Many people thought Curry was the biggest sure thing in the draft his year. I haven't watched many of his games, what was his downfall?

Terrible, horrible football instincts. Repeatedly out of position. He played plenty against the Giants and was always getting beat, out of position, etc. That hasn't changed in 3 years and he hasn't really improved in that area. He's been through three coaches I think and Carroll was originally excited (as Carroll is excited about everything) about coaching him, now it's gone for two 7th rounders. He might be good solely as a pass rusher where he doesn't have to think.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Terrible, horrible football instincts. Repeatedly out of position. He played plenty against the Giants and was always getting beat, out of position, etc. That hasn't changed in 3 years and he hasn't really improved in that area. He's been through three coaches I think and Carroll was originally excited (as Carroll is excited about everything) about coaching him, now it's gone for two 7th rounders. He might be good solely as a pass rusher where he doesn't have to think.

Although I probably agree with that assessment, I can't help wonder if Curry became a victim of the regime change... Slowly but surely, the Seahawks' roster is being composed of guys brought in by the new regime... The most noatable of these changes is them letting go of Lofa Tatupo...

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I probably agree with that assessment, I can't help wonder if Curry became a victim of the regime change... Slowly but surely, the Seahawks' roster is being composed of guys brought in by the new regime... The most noatable of these changes is them letting go of Lofa Tatupo...

Well, I don't think so, Curry didn't have a great rookie year with the regime that drafted him. This year he was beaten out by a rookie -- and it wasn't to light a fire under him because by all accounts he was very studious and a hardworker. He's just one of those players with no instincts and all physical talent.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I don't think so, Curry didn't have a great rookie year with the regime that drafted him. This year he was beaten out by a rookie -- and it wasn't to light a fire under him because by all accounts he was very studious and a hardworker. He's just one of those players with no instincts and all physical talent.

Brings taylor Mays to mind...

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good deal for the Raiders i think. I have a feeling he's going to do well in Oakland. Who's pulling the strings for them now anyways?

Maybe Al Davis has a list of players he wanted to get if they became avail and Curry was on his list. You have to think they were looking at him before Al passed away.

In Al will he probably has a list of players he want in the 2014 draft and how long to sign them for. I wouldnt doubt it.

But on a serious note, they may have been looking at Curry before Al's death

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In Wimbley and Groves, he's already landed two guys I really liked in the draft. Must admit I'm surprised to see them both playing - and seemingly playing well - at OLB in a 4-3.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Man, if this is true, he sure did a better job of hiding these defficiencies than T.Mays did.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lofa was injured, couple of knee operations, and is out of football. He was a pro bowl linebacker but he physically can't play anymore. Not a regime change issue.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the people who thought he was a sure pick, didn't know how good he would be, but never thought he'd already be off the team.

Happy I was wrong though, seahawks didn't get the stud LB and wasted picks always hurt.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if this is true, he sure did a better job of hiding these defficiencies than T.Mays did.

He didn't really, but being picked #4 in the draft perhaps made people in the Seahawks organization want to give him more time. He has mad physical skills, everyone thought he was a great pick for the Seahawks.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're calling him a bust. People though I was crazy for saying he wasn't worth the Chiefs #3 pick that year, well Pioli agreed with me and now so do the Seahawks.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you're gonna take a guy in the top 10 who plays olb, he better be lavar arrington type talent coming out of college which curry wasn't.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Seahawks paid most of his contract made this a better deal for the Raiders. I like this move from the Raiders and that is hardly ever the case.